Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old March 17th, 2011, 09:32 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Quest for Valhalla

Quote:
Original Post
Greetings, one and all! As promised, here is my new fan fic. I am slightly more organized this time, with chapters, parts, and books. I hope you enjoy it! Also, if you would like to check out my first fan fic (this being my second) look up Valhalla Reborn. So, here is Book one, Part one, Chapter one:
Greetings! I thought that, in the event that anyone new were to see this and start reading, I would add a quick blurb about myself for reasons which should soon be obvious.
I am a Christian. I also like to include an 'end point' in my fan fictions. These two things are tied together, as most of my end points, therefore, end up on a Christian-themed note. So, I thought you should know that before starting, for reasons that most likely you could express best.
Now, with that in mind, I present to you, the Quest for Valhalla, book one in the trilogy.
Spoiler Alert!

EDIT: I hope it isn't too long. Most will be a little lengthy, but not like this one.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by The Grim Reaper's Friend; December 5th, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old March 18th, 2011, 04:24 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Quest for Valhalla

It looks good for a fan-fic. I am really interested in isoadora's resistance, keep it up.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:34 PM

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I should tell you in that case that it isn't all about Isadora's resistance. In fact, hardly any of it is. But I'm glad you like it.

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 19th, 2011, 01:12 AM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

I hope you get more of this awesomesauce up soon.
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM

Ask, and ye shall receive.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by The Grim Reaper's Friend; December 5th, 2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Well that stinks, he isn't even able to see if she makes it.

Excellent story GRF, very creative, although I do want to know what the machine actually did.
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
Well that stinks, he isn't even able to see if she makes it.

Excellent story GRF, very creative, although I do want to know what the machine actually did.
Hmm... well, since I don't actually include what the machine does (It's fired, but not fully explained) perhaps I'll make a quick side story. Just a few paragraphs. Hold on a sec... be right back!

EDIT: Wait a minute, you were actually speaking of the gun, right? If not, its just some scrap metal that he threw together which happens to be able to repair humans. That's the general idea. He hasn't tried it out yet.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by The Grim Reaper's Friend; March 21st, 2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:52 AM

How about this?

Dan looked around him. He was in a dark room, its circular walls surrounding him. He glanced down the hallway that had led him here. ‘Perhaps I’ve lost it,’ he thought, remembering the soulborg that had been chasing him.
He looked down at the gun he was carrying. With this gun, the underground would be able to strike a deadly blow against the soulborg oppressors. He must get it to them at all costs.
He looked around the room, searching for any exits. A few feet from where he was standing, the yawning mouth of a black hallway opened up. He plunged into the blackness, hoping that it was the right way. The resistance was, after all, hard to find. After several minutes, – it seemed hours to Dan – during which he descended deeper and deeper into the heart of Isadora, Dan’s eyes began to get accustomed to the dark. He could just make out columns and massive slabs of stone, evidence that the soulborgs weren’t the only things that had ever been down here. His footfalls echoed as he walked on what appeared to be a tiled floor.
Dan suddenly stopped. Somewhere, at the far wall of the room, he had heard a noise. Dan stood still, listening, but nothing came to his straining ears. He searched the blackness with his eyes, but in the almost pitch black, could not see anything. He cautiously placed one foot in front of the other, and then froze again, hoping to lure the creature out of its hiding place. For a moment he contemplated using the gun to light his path, but soon discarded this idea, after realizing that it would probably kill everything in the room, as well as summon a hundred soulborgs. That was the last thing that the resistance needed.
As if in answer to his need for light, about ten torches lit up against the walls. Dan staggered back, blinded by the light. He felt strong arms about him, and twisted around to see what had hold of him. It turned out to be a giant of a man with dark skin, muscular features, and an iron grip. Dan doubted that he could be working for the soulborgs, and waited for the man to come to the same conclusion. He soon did, and released Dan, who took a few steps backwards.
“Greetings,” said a hoarse voice from out of the blackness. Dan looked at the dark corner form which the voice had issued, and saw an old man, bent with age, scrutinizing him with his beady eyes. “I take it that you are fleeing from the soulborgs,” he said.
“What else would I be doing?” said Dan, with a grin.
“Perhaps spying out our location?” replied the man, raising an eyebrow.
Dan walked towards the old man. “I assure,” he said. “I am her to join in your resistance. I have brought you a weapon that will greatly improve your war efforts.” So saying, he handed the gun to the man.
The man’s eyes widened under his bushy eyebrows as he saw the gun. He opened and shut his mouth, as if at a loss for words, and then silently took the gun.

No one said a word. It had been ten days since Dan joined the resistance, and he had now gained the full trust of most of its members. The resistance regularly attacked soulborgs, a reminder of the Mariedian infestation on the soulborg moon; although, of course, the Mariedians considered it the other way around. Right now, Dan and six friends were cautiously making their way along a hallway, getting closer and closer to the doors of the great furnace.
It had been Dan who had suggested this dangerous mission. If the Mariedians capture the furnace, they could re-supply themselves with more than enough guns and ammunition. Armor, too, was a driving prospect.
They had now gotten to the door. Quietly, Dan unlatched it. A hiss of steam and a wave of heat met them as Dan slowly opened the door. Dan looked behind his shoulder to see one of his comrades silently charging the gun he held in his hands.
A few alterations had been made to it. Spare electrical ampliphiers were strapped to it, and the field had been adjusted so that it would hit everything metal, and leave everything else practically untouched. They could have fired it off right now, and the dangerous beams would have deflected around them.
Cautiously, the seven members of the resistance made their way into the furnace room. It was very hot, and the figures of workers and soulborgs flickered in the heat. Dan nodded to the man holding the gun, and he silently slinked away into the shadows, in order to find the best point form which to fire. Dan waited a minute, then two, and then staggered backward, and actually fell as he realized just how dark the furnace room really was. Gigantic beams of electricity, as big around as Dan was and powerful enough to disintegrate a soulborg went zigzagging across the massive room. They hit the walls, bounced back off, curved and danced around the Mariedians, and went through soulborgs without stopping. Dan stood, openmouthed, as he watched the awesome power of the gun display itself. The beams never stopped. It seemed that they ricocheted off of everything, eventually striking a soulborg. Finally Dan and his companions, remembering the rest of the mission, closed and bolted the door, and went to search for weapons.
It was unnerving to see a bolt of electricity heading for one’s self, but the lightening always curved at he last second, missing the Mariedian by inches.
By the light of the flames of the great furnace, which seemed angered by the easy defeat of the soulborgs, and by the blue light of the lightening, Dan and his friends gathered up any pieces of armor or metal that looked worth taking.
The plan was working even better than the resistance had dared to hope. The lightening never seemed to dissipate. Any soulborg walking into the great furnace would be burnt to a crisp before he could do a thing.

With their gun in hand, the seven victorious rebels walked down the hall. They had no fear of the soulborg any longer. Anything metal would be disintegrated by the dancing waves of lightening that played about them. They saw many soulborgs as they passed. Some just stood motionless – doubtless their programming had not told them what to do when confronted by seven Mariedians waving a gun and accompanied by lightening. A few others tried to shoot at them. The bullets merely changed into piles of dust as the electricity was irresistibly drawn to them. The Mariedians rejoiced in their victory. No Mariedian would ever again be oppressed by a soulborg. The soulborgs would be demolished, and their bodies fed to the great furnace. Or so they thought…

Please keep in mind that this never happened... although it sounds like food for thought...

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:14 AM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

Or so they thought...

(insert scary suspenseful music here)
Old March 21st, 2011, 01:15 AM

Or so he thought...

(insert scary suspenseful music here)
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:38 PM

Sorry for the long wait, chapter three is here. For some reason, it seems to be shorter than the others. Not sure why.

Chapter three: The Preparations
“I refuse,” Dan heard himself saying, without turning around. The guards, as if they had not heard his reply, began to approach him, their metal arms outstretched. Dan, realizing what they were doing, waited for them to come close enough, and then, with the precision of a guided missile, simultaneously jabbed both his elbows into their eyes. The glass shattered, and the soulborgs, blind, halted in their movement. Dan walked over to the gun that he had ripped form the socket of the dead soulborg, aimed it one at a time at both of their heads, and fired. As he bent over the soulborgs, he saw Heleer sit up out of the corner of his eye.
She stared around, bewildered. Dan pulled a green card from each of the soulborg’s backs and then proceeded to fully charge the electric gun.
“What – What are you doing?” asked Heleer, still looking around confusedly.
“I’ve had enough,” said Dan between his teeth. “I’ve had enough of the soulborgs, their metal, and this place. I’m leaving and I’m taking you with me.”
Heleer, trying to make her brain comprehend what Dan had said, shakily got to her feet. “I – I’m going with you,” she announced, firmly.
Dan looked up. “I know,” he said more gently. “Just relax for a moment, you’ll be fine soon.” He held the gun aloft, ready to fire, and strode up the stairs. “Stay there,” he said over his shoulder to Heleer. “I’ll be back soon.”
Once he reached the other room, he once again headed for his laboratory. This time, he opened a small chest of drawers within which were millions of scraps of metal. Bits of armor, old bullets, circuits, cables, cords, and gears of all sizes met his eyes. Disregarding them all, except for the bullets, which he carefully set aside, he plunged his hands down to the bottom of the drawer and dug out a complete chest plate of armor. He groped under the chest and revealed a pair of metal boots, which he replaced his rubber ones with. He grabbed the bullets and exited the room, pressing a button as he did so, which raised an electrical barrier across the doorway. He descended the stairs, grabbing a pair of wire mesh pants oh his way. Heleer was sitting by the forge, her eyes now alert, and looking about her with anticipation.
“Dan -” she began. But Dan held up a finger to his lips, and walked over the scanner. He picked it up, pocketed it, and grabbed a pair of the iron gloves embedded with leather that he used for working the forge. Form beneath the bellows he procured a box of oddly assorted sharp pieces of metal. These he worked into the wire of the back of his gloves. After some digging around in the tool chest, he finally came up with a pair of chain mail and iron mesh sleeves, into which he intertwined some more shards of metal. Lastly, he unhooked the metal cage form the top of the cylinder and put it on his own head, connecting it with wires to the rest of his accumulated suit. He then unearthed a complete metal suit for Heleer, which was lighter, and not quite as formidable, but would allow her to get away faster. He paused, looked about him, as if checking to make sure he had everything, and then turned towards Heleer.
His look asked her the question she had been waiting to hear, and she rose, and exited the room with him.

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 26th, 2011, 01:02 AM

Well, since nthing much seems to be going on around here, I might as well post some more...
Chapter three: The Preparations
“I refuse,” Dan heard himself saying, without turning around. The guards, as if they had not heard his reply, began to approach him, their metal arms outstretched. Dan, realizing what they were doing, waited for them to come close enough, and then, with the precision of a guided missile, simultaneously jabbed both his elbows into their eyes. The glass shattered, and the soulborgs, blind, halted in their movement. Dan walked over to the gun that he had ripped form the socket of the dead soulborg, aimed it one at a time at both of their heads, and fired. As he bent over the soulborgs, he saw Heleer sit up out of the corner of his eye.
She stared around, bewildered. Dan pulled a green card from each of the soulborg’s backs and then proceeded to fully charge the electric gun.
“What – What are you doing?” asked Heleer, still looking around confusedly.
“I’ve had enough,” said Dan between his teeth. “I’ve had enough of the soulborgs, their metal, and this place. I’m leaving and I’m taking you with me.”
Heleer, trying to make her brain comprehend what Dan had said, shakily got to her feet. “I – I’m going with you,” she announced, firmly.
Dan looked up. “I know,” he said more gently. “Just relax for a moment, you’ll be fine soon.” He held the gun aloft, ready to fire, and strode up the stairs. “Stay there,” he said over his shoulder to Heleer. “I’ll be back soon.”
Once he reached the other room, he once again headed for his laboratory. This time, he opened a small chest of drawers within which were millions of scraps of metal. Bits of armor, old bullets, circuits, cables, cords, and gears of all sizes met his eyes. Disregarding them all, except for the bullets, which he carefully set aside, he plunged his hands down to the bottom of the drawer and dug out a complete chest plate of armor. He groped under the chest and revealed a pair of metal boots, which he replaced his rubber ones with. He grabbed the bullets and exited the room, pressing a button as he did so, which raised an electrical barrier across the doorway. He descended the stairs, grabbing a pair of wire mesh pants oh his way. Heleer was sitting by the forge, her eyes now alert, and looking about her with anticipation.
“Dan -” she began. But Dan held up a finger to his lips, and walked over the scanner. He picked it up, pocketed it, and grabbed a pair of the iron gloves imbedded with leather that he used for working the forge. Form beneath the bellows he procured a box of oddly assorted sharp pieces of metal. These he worked into the wire of the back of his gloves. After some digging around in the tool chest, he finally came up with a pair of chain mail and iron mesh sleeves, into which he intertwined some more shards of metal. Lastly, he unhooked the metal cage form the top of the cylinder and put it on his own head, connecting it with wires to the rest of his accumulated suit. He then unearthed a complete metal suit for Heleer, which was lighter, and not quite as formidable, but would allow her to get away faster. He paused, looked about him, as if checking to make sure he had everything, and then turned towards Heleer.
His look asked her the question she had been waiting to hear, and she rose, and exited the room with him.

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction