Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 28th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
My Time to Shine - Savage, 5/21/11

Colorful introduction:
Spoiler Alert!

What: MY TIME TO SHINE ~ a Heroscape tournament
When: May 21, 2011; 1:00 – 6:30ish, setup at 12:30
Where: The Family Game Store, Savage, Maryland
The rules: 480 points, 24 hexes. My House Rules apply, no Marvel, on this one occasion no SoV or C3V – it could mess things up. No Spider Poison/Jexik graded units higher than a B. Everything B or lower.
The format: Swiss System. Five ~1 hour rounds. First tiebreak is early wins: Early wins count more, just like last time (Not in Kansas Anymore). Fight to stay undefeated! Next tiebreak is partial card scoring. Also if your match is called on time the guy with more points gets the full 480 for that round.
How much: $5
How many: 28
What to bring: Your army. Your army cards. Your dice. Your order markers.
What not to bring: Food. There are a few excellent places to get delicious, inexpensive food in this wonderful little mall, and outside food is rightly Frowned Upon.
What else is in the mall: Check out all these shops. Who would have thought you could have a mall without a Foot Locker?

These are the eligible units:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:

Quicksilver Fane by Typhon2222

Horseshoe Hill, by Killometer, back by popular demand

Brawl in the Hall, by AliasQTip (pretend the columns are uncapped...)

A Stone's Throw, by Darkmage7a

Tagawa Steppes by Robber

Turnstile by Dignan

Divide and Conquer by Dignan

The Fallen Pier, by Dad_Scaper, with Wannok and a random Treasure Glph with a trap

Gravel Garden, by GameBear

Fenris, by mad_wookiee

Eggbeater, by dok

Vorago by mad_wookiee download

Jack of Spades, by GameBear

Badru Valley, by GameBear (of course)

Embattled Fen

Attendees:
1. DS
2. KS
3. kldonnelly
4. Clan
5. Xanth
6. Crichton
7. hivelord#4
8. Friend of KS
9. Gurei Ornery
10. SoGO
11. Robber
12. Shaugville
13. Bill
14. KevinWC
15. kolakoski
16. taeblewalker
17. chas
18. Bassist of Doom
19. Twinkie
20. akden
21. ... and son
22. AliasQTip
23. Mrs. QTip
24. Pete
25. MG
26. Robber's dad

Maybes:
KevinWC's buddy
northgate
justine
mason
another Friend of KidScaper
fallow
presti71

Map volunteers:
Quicksilver Fane ~ Bassist of Doom
Horseshoe Hill ~ clancampbell
Brawl in the Hall ~ Mr. & Mrs. QT
A Stone's Throw ~ akden
Tagawa Steppes (with glyphs!) ~ Robber
High Point 2 ~ Clancampbell
Divide and Conquer ~ Gurei Ornery
The Fallen Pier (with glyphs!) ~ DS
Gravel Garden ~ Gurei Ornery
Fenris ~ DS
Eggbeater ~ DS
Vorago ~ DS
Embattled Fen ~ Camper (if he comes)
Jack of Spades ~ Shaugville
Badru Valley ~ Shaugville

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 20th, 2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:36 PM

Phil the Thrill Woo who?
Re: Savage Deep Thoughts and Long Range Planning

If we do it on May 14th the three of us wont be able to make it . Those darn finals .

Record:
19 - 11
Tournament Wins:
Heroes' Gauntlet Run! 11.7.10
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Either date works for me, at least tenatively. The 21st is right before my birthday, so a tourny win would be a nice present for me!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the Thrill View Post
If we do it on May 14th the three of us wont be able to make it . Those darn finals .
That's exactly the kind of thing I want to know now.

Clan, no promises, but if we end up on the 21st I will do my best to throw a game or two to help you out.

= =
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Either date works for me, at least tenatively. The 21st is right before my birthday, so a tourny win would be a nice present for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Clan, no promises, but if we end up on the 21st I will do my best to throw a game or two to help you out.
NO WAY . . . birthday or not - if he wants a tourny win, he should earn it.

@ D_S ~ You're right about Memorial Day - that's one of those hilidaze on which wives and girlfriends tend to make plans for "Family Events" and then toward the end of May is traditional exam time for most of the students among us. But neither day is good for me anyway (in fact the whole darn season is pretty much spoken for with pressing issues like: *MOVING*), so count me out. Hopefully over the summer, after we've settled into our new accomodations at Apg, I can get over to Savage on occassion.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old February 28th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, according to the shop they will be in their new location by then. That's good news and bad news for us, the good news being we will be in a dedicated play area with 10 6' tables and padded folding chairs and we won't be shushed by the guy running the shop next door.

The bad news, if it is bad news, is that to accommodate a large crowd like us we'll need to switch to Sundays.

Last time we had a Sunday event it seemed to go well & people made the trip, but please let me know if it's going to be a problem.

I'm very, very faintly penciling in Sunday, 5/22. How does that work for people?

= =
Old February 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sundays are ok for me. There are slight logistical issues I have, but nothing that would prevent me from coming.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

If it is on a Sunday than you can likely count me out. Sunday is reserved for church and family for me.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM

KevinWC Woo who?

Yeah, I don't think I can make it either because I have to be back at the Academy at 6 PM on Sundays.

A KC Heroscaper who is Not in Kansas Anymore...
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
If it is on a Sunday than you can likely count me out. Sunday is reserved for church and family for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWC View Post
Yeah, I don't think I can make it either because I have to be back at the Academy at 6 PM on Sundays.
Ok, thanks guys.

I'll see how much space we *can* get on Saturdays.

I am sorely reluctant to take the event out of that mall, which for several reasons I think is perfect. Maybe I can work something out with Mt. Washington Tavern? Probably not. I'll do some digging & see what I can work out.

It may be choosing between a smaller Saturday event and a larger Sunday event, though of course if a number of people can't come on a Sunday then it's moot.

Kevin, when are you done with school? Phil & Co., do Sundays work with your schedule?

= =
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:19 PM

kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker

Either Saturday or Sunday works for me. 21st/22nd is fine.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:06 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, thanks kldonnelly.

I talked to Ram's Head and that ain't happening.

Looks like I'll have to discuss Saturday or Sunday with the shop. There are a couple libraries not too far away but I *hate* to be away from a shop, particularly this one in its funky little mall...

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events