Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun
Happy Fanscape Year One

Happy Fanscape Year One (2011 CE)!

*Sometimes it seems that our only reward for getting through another Calendar Year is the opportunity for--another Calendar Year! But that could be a good thing. And I hope it will be for you.

*Just before the holiday week kicked in, I playtested the new C3V 9th Elf Wizard with Taeblewalker. His Morsbane rolled against my Frost Giant as I moved him up. Not only did the Elf Wizard roll well, but he got a 20, and disintegrated my Big Guy on the spot. Yikes!

*Then I met a new friend--thanks for the intro, Kolakoski--who also lives on K's Secret Island Base here in NYC, and we both played his first Heroscape game using the actual rules with him and his 10 year old son. We got Samuel Brown on the table our first time with a new 10th Foot repaint figure I'd done. The green coated Lyndon Barry, a new Tory hero custom I did that is listed as a counter balance in the Book of Samuel Brown thread, for all to try out, is also ready to be played at my place. I'm thinking of a mini historical game with Sam and the 4th MA and perhaps some Ashigaru vs Lyndon and the 10th Foot with Brave Arrow and the Mohicans. Bang!

*I'll be working on customs for the new Heroclix Blackest Night set, which has I think what are the most beautiful figures they ever made! I'll get advice from the guy who got me onto this site, Sherman Davies, who is now on the C3V Inner Circle. Congrats to you Sherm--it couldn't happen to a nicer guy! We're all expecting great things this year from that group. EDIT: I now own the figure set. Congratulations also to Taeblewalker, just welcomed into the ranks of the C3V Inner Circle too. Wow--that's half our NYC player group. I'd better start working on my one Mind Control powers...

*After being retired for several years, I'm finally writing again! You can check out my Mystical Autobiographical Travelogue in my new blog series onsite. It's not about Scape as such, but I've been getting good comments so far, and the series has continued with a new entry almost every day. Maybe it will be a book eventually--who knows? For anyone who wants to read it in the proper order, the entires so far are:

1. The Spark
2. Antique Road Show
3. A 'Blasphemous" Secret
4. This Sacred Land
5. Beauty, Eh?
6. Jump!
7. A Part of It
8. The King's High Way
9. Good Old Rebel
10. In The Beginning
11. Pool Side
12, Keeping Station
13. Phantom Lady
14. The Taste of Soap
15. Imperial Prince From Brooklyn
16. A Taste of the Theatre
17. A Man's Movement
18. Schizophrenia
19. Disneyland For Adults
20. Cauldron of Creation
21. Cherry Blossoms Bloom
22. Mortality and Mystery
23. Duck and Cover
24. In The Family Way
25. WYWAE
26. Humpty Dumpty
27. Unrequited
28. Pressure Cooker
29. Shifting Sands
30. Eternal Moment
31. I Am In The World
32. Taksi!
33. Dynamic Duo
34. The Princess and the Pea
35. Tenting Tonight
36. Hands Off My Hero!
37. Study Abroad
38. Cowboys In Cars
39. The Middle Kingdom I: East
40. The Middle Kingdom II: North
41. The Middle Kingdom III: West
42. The Middle Kingdom IV: South
43: The Middle Kingdom V: British Hong Kong
44. Club Maya
45. Njord In The Fjord I: Norway
46. Njord In The Fjord II: Denmark and Sweden
47. Pele's Paradise I: Oahu
48. Pele's Paradise II: The Big Island
49. Let's Talk A Little Treason
50. Golden Gate
51. Midway Meditation
52. Little Brother
53. Pura Vida
54. The Lonely Isle
55. Secret Spa
56. Cherokee Baptist and the Inland Northwest
57. Luther's Daughter
58. Court of Appeal
59. World's Fair
60. Two Guys Part I
61. Two Guys Part II

* In the last two weeks, I returned from Florida where I settled in my 88 year old father for the season, opened up my brand new and much anticipated Command & Colors Napoleonics board game, and played 20 games of it with four different players. I like it, I like it!

* In the third area of my hobby/gaming activites (with Scaping and Board Gaming), I'll be finishing up painting my 54mm Napoleonic infantry figures, including one line that is just coming out. Napoleonics is often the first and best love of wargamers, but for various reasons its been my last period entered. I now have quite a library on the subject, and have run a few games over the last years. As a major player in the One True Scale, I have now something like 20,000 toy soldiers in this size, as well as the vehicles, terrain, and equipment to go with the many period armies I field on the tabletop in monthly games, from Medieval to the Korean War.

* Best wishes for fun new projects and developments yourself in the New Year! And feel free to tell us about them here...

Last edited by chas; February 27th, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Happy Fanscape Year One

As my Birthday is today I say happy new year to all my friends here and I hope HS come back to life.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Happy New Year, chas, everyone!

Congratulations to chas for his blog, joyful gaming, and all around nice-guyishness. He always has something positive to say when I am beating myself up for not fulfilling my destiny, i.e., being a rich, famous, world-shaking vocal artist, and ultra-disciplined martial artist, while having adventures all over the world.

Unfortunately, my obsession with 'scape continues unabated. Just as I resolve to play less, I discover that an old acquaintance is back/still on Roosevelt Island, and eager to play. If someone would have given Hitler 'scape for Christmas during his youth, I suspect a lot of future trouble could have been averted. As it is, I'm thinking there are some politically dynastic families whose kids just might receive Master Sets from Secret Santa next year.

During my more rational moments (a record 16 during the past year ), I understand that reincarnation and everything in life being a lesson, along with the world being perfect as it is, are the best answers to all the Big Questions. So, if I continue to spread myself as thin as Plastic Man entering a room through the space under a door, among family, singing, Karate, and Heroscape, while still finding the time for long walks alone in the City, I shouldn't feel bad; it's just my karma.

I THEREFORE RESOLVE to be just like the "government I deserve": to do more of everything, without sacrificing anything to do it.

In all the ways that matter, I am a wealthy man. I was miraculously fortunate to find Babs, my wife, who has drawn me, kicking and screaming, into Life. I have health, a job, friends and family. Joy is mine; everything else is whining (should make this my signature).

I THEREFORE RESOLVE to be more grateful.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; January 1st, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old January 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

As my signature says and a member of C3V, 2011 is the year of Fanscape! HAPPY NEW(scape) YEAR!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:21 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

B.C., A.D., and now F.S.... I like it
Old January 2nd, 2011, 06:37 PM

ReverendDel is surprisingly tart

2011 The Year of the Smoke-Free Del.

That is to say I am now nicotene free, not a New year's resolution so should stick to it (actually quit three days before New Year and was able to remain smoke-free during the festivities.) A Good Start.

I resolve, however, to avoid silly debt and to ensure that money I spend is no more than money I have available to spend. If that can be maintained there is no reason I cannot achieve my goal of completing a second entire company of my Warhammer 40000 Space Marine Chapter complete with (hopefully bought from funds saved by not smoking) a Thunderhawk Gunship. However before that I need to finish painting the company I've already put together.

That aside there are few HS things I want but those that I do I must find a way to procure here on this Blighted Isle.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quitting smoking should help with that Del, my sister and brother in law quit in 2009 and have saved hundreds a month as a result. Vices cost money and you don't get much for them except less healthy.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Long live fanscape!
I'm looking forward to 2011 as the year C3V gets off the ground and releases its first wave of new cards.
I'm also continuing the work and fun over at C3G, where we hope to release plenty of goodies this year, such as the Fantastic Four Master Set (hopefully by the end of February) and Wave Five: The World's Vilest by the spring. I could easily see Waves Six and Seven being released before 2012, as well as several Super Secret Exclusives during the months in between major releases.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

If you haven't been reading Chas' blogs you probably should. They're interesting and a little bizarre to boot!

I for Fanscape year 1 will be about rounding out my "official collection so I can start on dealing with the C3V stuff. I'm not talking about getting all the official figures, just the ones that look good and possibly picking up D3.

Or just maybe I'll start up on my anti-fitness campaign again!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; January 8th, 2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Anyone care to sign up...well don't, leave that pen alone. It could be considered exercise!
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:02 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't usually bump up my own thread, but I've now edited the Original Post to reflect several things, including yet another updating of the Table of Contents of my new onsite blog series, now well established, some movement on another project, and a shout out to Taeblewalker too! Congrats, buddy!

This thread was publicized on the home page recently as a Thread of the Week, so feel free to join in here giving us your own creative plans for 2011, whether Scape or other...DREAM BIG!

Last edited by chas; February 27th, 2011 at 10:01 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion