Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
LeftOn4ya's Classic Customs (Jurassic World)

See also my Competitive Unit Alters which is like Competitive Unit Congress on crack!

So I decided to make some customs for filling in holes listed in the specific lists:I created all in Magic Set Editor and exported with High-Res MSE templates, but I might need to do some more photo editing of figure image and hit zone before they are ready for prime-time, and will do when I think these are "Done".

Here's what I have so far. They are playtested but not fully. Some of them also go together.

See HQ PNGs in my HS Classic Customs - Picasa Web Albums - David LeftOn

Jurassic World DINOSAURS!
Spoiler Alert!

Other Units
Spoiler Alert!

Old cards based on heroscape figures:
Spoiler Alert!

You can also check out my very outdated Comic Customs. And also check out my Competitive Unit Alters which is like Competitive Unit Congress on crack!

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 28th, 2023 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Troglodyte Brutes - C3V/SoV synergy
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:44 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: LeftOn4ya's Classic Customs to Fill in Holes

Nice stuff, I like the idea of using the normal figs as they are with different cards. It really opens up the possibilities without opening up the wallet. I'll let you know when I have a chance to try some of these.
Old December 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

I find the Wood Elves very interesting. Get them on height, and you're talking 6 attacks of three per turn. They're very fragile against melee, but their Fey Step can get them away once, like you said. But put them on height with RotV Raelin, and their defense against range shoots up to 8. Throw in some rats as a screen, and these guys can really wreak havoc before they're destroyed. It definitely helps that they're unique though, so as soon as one goes down their effectiveness is weakened. Braxas could possibly take them out in one turn though, so they would have to be really careful around her. Also, like most ranged units, they would have a ton of trouble with the Phantom Knights. I'd love to be able to try these guys out, unfortunately I probably won't be able to play anymore Scape for a while If you get a chance to try them out though, I'd love to hear how they work out!

The rest look pretty good! I have one suggestion for Qilue Veladorn though. For Resurrect Undead, it might be better to make it instead of attacking, like with the Marro Warriors. Having the chance to resurrect, and attack (albeit a pretty weak attack) may be a bit much. Just something to consider. Overall, great job with all of these!

Last edited by heroscaper314; December 21st, 2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old December 21st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Wood Elves: Nice unit, but why call them Elves is they are Eladrin and have Fey Step?

Vorgyrn: He might be a little undercosted, but I'd have to test him to see. I like the unit!

Roman Leget: His powers seem to be all over the place. He is serving to very different themes, IMO. Also, I think that you are giving to much of a Range boost by adding multiples of him to an Archer army. Perhaps a max of 1 or 2 would be nice. Same with Defense.

Quilue Valadorn: She seems to be a nicely done unit as well.

Old December 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Nice stuff, I like the idea of using the normal figs as they are with different cards. It really opens up the possibilities without opening up the wallet. I'll let you know when I have a chance to try some of these.
Thanks - I just wanted some use of the multiple heroes I have (Uses the 3 "R" of the 3 "R"s - reuse, reduce & recycle). Let me know if you playtest any of these. Painting them would help and especially modding Darrak's sword to a flag would be suggested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
I find the Wood Elves very interesting. ...I'd love to be able to try these guys out, unfortunately I probably won't be able to play anymore Scape for a while If you get a chance to try them out though, I'd love to hear how they work out!

The rest look pretty good! I have one suggestion for Qilue Veladorn though. For Resurrect Undead, it might be better to make it instead of attacking, like with the Marro Warriors. Having the chance to resurrect, and attack (albeit a pretty weak attack) may be a bit much. Just something to consider. Overall, great job with all of these!
Thanks. I like the wood elves too as they would have to be played strategically to play them well. Hopefully I can get a game in this week with these. As for the Qilue Veladorn being able to attack and ressurect, it is different than the Marro Warriors because they are a squad so would have multiple attacks os 2 while she only has 1 - plus you have to plan an order marker on her and are not guaranteed to resurrect anyone so a consolation is at least one weak attack. Kurrok the Elementalist can resurrect and attack the same turn and he has 3 attack. But thanks for your input and I may have to raise her cost is she plays too well. Also, just realized I misspelled "resurrect" on her card so I need to change at least that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Wood Elves: Nice unit, but why call them Elves is they are Eladrin and have Fey Step?
I guess I should rename Wood Elves to Wood Eladrin or make species elves, unless someone experienced with D&D can suggest a better name for a group of elves or eladrin?
Quote:
Vorgyrn: He might be a little undercosted, but I'd have to test him to see. I like the unit!
I think common drow need enough help that I don't need to raise Vorgyn's cost too high, although maybe with playtesting it will be different.
Quote:
Roman Leget: His powers seem to be all over the place. He is serving to very different themes, IMO. Also, I think that you are giving to much of a Range boost by adding multiples of him to an Archer army. Perhaps a max of 1 or 2 would be nice. Same with Defense.
Powers are not all over the place but synergistic possibilities are. Really helps archer squads but doesn't bond with them - can bond with Roman Legion or Sacred Band, so you really need one of the Einar melee squads and any archer squad to take full advantage. Berserker charge does not require Valguard but he helps. Basically I killed two birds with one stone trying to make both all archers and the greeks better.
I guess stacking range and defense might be too good but only in the start zone. If you had 3 squads of Grut/Aubrien/Roman Archers and 6+ Roman Legets, plus 2 Einar Soldier squads (445+ w/ Romans, 23 spaces), you could have 12 range in the start zone, but order management and map placement would make it hard to get more than two Legets adjacent to archers outside of start zone. Again playesting may prove otherwise. I did make them 30 for one unit and since archers and bonding squad would cost 40-70 per squad, cost would be an issue, but not as much as having enough spaces for them in a 24-zone limit would be more difficult. Only thing is maybe I will make it Archer Squads, otherwise Syvarris could be a beast with 15 range and 8 defense in the start zone!
Quote:
Quilue Valadorn: She seems to be a nicely done unit as well.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior
Nice card, but why are you just using the original cards and modifying them?
Quote from Gallery Image in comments. Not so much reusing cards as reusing figures.

Last edited by lefton4ya; December 21st, 2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
As for the Qilue Veladorn being able to attack and ressurect, it is different than the Marro Warriors because they are a squad so would have multiple attacks os 2 while she only has 1 - plus you have to plan an order marker on her and are not guaranteed to resurrect anyone so a consolation is at least one weak attack. Kurrok the Elementalist can resurrect and attack the same turn and he has 3 attack.
Yeah, I guess it's okay to have the attack in there. As stupid as I may sound for saying this, I didn't think of the fact that there's four marros and only one of her.

I think that it's tough to find a good point value for her because on maps with a lot of shadow, resurrecting could happen fairly often (30% chance of success, but without the shadow it's rare (10%). She might end up being one of those units that seems overpriced but if you're playing on the right map can really shine. But then again, she has the attack aura too, so even with resurrection being fairly rare, you're still getting something out of her.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM

Updated with High-Res images (except Qilué Veladorn). I plan on playing this weekend.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

where did you get the aq and val cards?

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old December 23rd, 2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utger man View Post
where did you get the aq and val cards?
Magic set editor with templates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
- Optional V2.3 High-Resolution Export Templates (Dungeons Style Only) - 5.72 MB - (zip)
--- Created by dok and Mooseman
--- Note: Do not attempt to design cards in this template. Design cards in the standard templates, than switch to this one for export (you may need to reload any images). To switch back to another style, use the arrow keys while in the Style tab if you cannot see the selection box.
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM

Kunoichi Assasin - Ninja General/Flagbearer from Shiori

I need to fix tomorrow - supposed to be 85 points, but even that might be to cheap. Brings Ninjas close to tourney level. Does not have bonding perse but you do not need to use an order marker on her if under attack.

Plus I updates some stuff - changed elves to eladrin and reduced range as 5 move 7 range was a bit to much. However they are a great addition to any army and I would give A- and are definitely a fun army. If you can keep them out of range and alive they are rely deadly, but once 1 is killed they go down in value quickly. However even with 1 still alive you can get 2 attacks and I had a game where 1 came back to do cleanup at the end.

I think the roman leget is really hard to use as you need 3+ squads of greeks/romans and 2+ squads of archers and 3+ legets to get full use (which not only costs a lot of points but eats up 21+ spaces) and then order management is tough. They did not do so well to help archers but at least they are a cheap bonding option for greeks/romans. I need to find a different way to help roman archers then.

Gimli is fun but not overpowered even with squads as the other dwarf heroes are so great that even this flagbearer is not as good as them. I need more playtesting with Qilué Veladorn and Vorgyn - I don't like being evil so I need to get a friend to playtest against me.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 10th, 2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Changed stuff.
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool cards! A couple of things I noticed...

Gimli affects all friendly Aquilla figures. If you want the power to only affect heroes, you can quickly change the text from "figures" to "heroes". As is, he is very dangerous with those Axegrinders & Mohicans(who get a huge boost to their natural skill). Also, you can remove "all friendly figures you control" and simply put "all figures you control". This is because if you control it, it is already friendly(thus making it redundant).

The pronoun for Kunoichi Assassin(which is misspelled) is "he". Oddly, the sculpt is of the bosom bearing sort. That can be quickly changed by going into the "Style" option of MSE, hitting the "options specific to this card" button and changing the general pronoun. You'll have to edit Vanishing Cover for yourself however...

For Qilue Veladorn, you misspelled medium in Evil Attack Aura. Ressurect Undead is also very unclear. I will assume that when you refer to a figure on a Shadow Space, you mean the "living" undead figure. I would still suggest being a little more clear in that however.

I had practice with this sort of stuff in CHCG24, so... ok I'm done now

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Cool cards! A couple of things I noticed...
First Off - thanks for the constructive criticism - it helps make them better!
Quote:
Gimli affects all friendly Aquilla figures. If you want the power to only affect heroes, you can quickly change the text from "figures" to "heroes". As is, he is very dangerous with those Axegrinders & Mohicans(who get a huge boost to their natural skill). Also, you can remove "all friendly figures you control" and simply put "all figures you control". This is because if you control it, it is already friendly(thus making it redundant).
I changed the card to be squads but forgot to change the description in this thread to match. I did however remove redundant wording. In initial playtests he does not boost squads that much especially against ranged armies or bonded squads.
Quote:
The pronoun for Kunoichi Assassin(which is misspelled) is "he". Oddly, the sculpt is of the bosom bearing sort. That can be quickly changed by going into the "Style" option of MSE, hitting the "options specific to this card" button and changing the general pronoun. You'll have to edit Vanishing Cover for yourself however...
Thanks for spelling note!
Quote:
For Qilue Veladorn, you misspelled medium in Evil Attack Aura. Ressurect Undead is also very unclear. I will assume that when you refer to a figure on a Shadow Space, you mean the "living" undead figure. I would still suggest being a little more clear in that however.
Again, thanks for spelling. It is funny in that I copied the language of the Marro Warriors' Water Clone as best I could, but I guess neither are that clear. If anyone has a clearer way, I will change, otherwise I will stick to constancy.
Quote:
I had practice with this sort of stuff in CHCG24, so... ok I'm done now
Any bit helps. I have played each of these a couple times in home games (some only in solo play) but I'm just trying to fill in holes as listed at the top.

Updated above. Also made Roman Leget have an aura of 3 instead of adjacent, as he needed help to help others and thsi way a group of archers can all be helped. Now there is a reason to play roman soldiers and archers together or to play greeks instead of roman soldiers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards