Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 16th, 2010, 11:58 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
AdventureScape Rules, by SIEGE and Aquamaniac

A few weeks ago, SIEGE and I were contemplating learning how to play D&D. Well, seeing the manor in which WotC dropped HS, we lost the desire to learn. So we dug up SIEGE's old RPGScape rules, and refined them to this. (THEY ARE LONG.)

We have come up with rules that allow Scape to be played like and RPG adventure, focusing on more of the Scape than the RPG aspect. Here they are.

[NOTE] Sorry for the font, I copied it from MS Word, and can't change it at all...
EDIT: I edited the post and was able to fix it.

Spoiler Alert!

We are working on a demo campaign, and will have that up shortly.

The new Valkyrie Valkrill has found himself a Wellspring. Without enough forces at his disposal, Valkrill has placed a magical barrier around the Wellspring, that blocks any being from entering its water. Magic this powerful needs a physical focal point, and Valkrill used four crystals to bind this barrier.

Without enough resources or forces, Valkrill has carved out five underground lairs instead of building a fortress. In four of these the crystals are guarded by Valkrill's most trusted follows, while he himself rules the area from the fifth and largest dungeon, behind a great stone door.

Just on the outskirts of Valkrill's reign lies the small castle town of [Town Name]. The citizens are mostly loyal to [General] but a few refugees of all generals, including Utgar, flee from Valkrill's temperamental wrath.

Jandar has called together a council of the six Valkyrie Generals to confront the Drow-created monstrosity that is Valkrill. The council has sent a party of their best warriors to defeat him…

We also want to incorporate some form of mercenaries/companions element into our rules. We aren't sure how to go around doing it, and have somewhat conflicting viewpoints on this. We will respond to this thread with our ideas.

Last edited by aquamaniac27; November 20th, 2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Fixed font and added spoilers.
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:10 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: RPGScape by SIEGE and Aquamaniac

Mercenaries/Companions

I want to see no more than a player be able to have 1 companion that follows him and does not level up, or follows the same leveling system as the enemies.

I think of the Diablo II mercenaries you can get - they deal damage, but not the majority (unless you suck at dealing damage...), and you are the greater threat to enemies.

I don't want to see each member in the party have their own personal army, or the party have to share an army and have them fight over who controls it. Or worry about leveling anyone else up aside from my main character.

Units that are dependant on other units are useless after their 'back-up' is gone anyway, and players would probably avoid them anyway. [A few figures (Kurrock mainly) are exempt from this view, but anyone who wants Kato or Spartacus in this probably have never played.)

Last edited by aquamaniac27; November 20th, 2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:11 AM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker
Re: RPGScape by SIEGE and Aquamaniac

My View of Mercenaries / Companions:

Basically, I want the players to be able to choose other squads or heroes to join them as a part of the party, but at the same time, I donít want the party to become a massive army of figures. There are many figures that perform so much better with other figures helping them out. Without Mercenaries / Companions, figures like Kurrok or the elf wizards would be pointless for a player to choose as their character. I was thinking the rules could go something like:

The party as a whole can have no more than 150 points worth of Mercenaries / Companions. They cost there point value in GP to buy. They should level up like enemies (I want them to level up in some way). For the purpose of special abilities, they are a part of the party, but only the player who owns them can place order markers on them.

I really want to see this rule implemented in some way but, I want it to be balanced too.

Last edited by SIEGE; November 17th, 2010 at 12:28 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions