Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 8th, 2010, 12:41 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
The Book of Ice Troll Berserker

The Book of Ice Troll Berserker

Moltenclaw's Invasion – Collection D3 – Icewind Scourge

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the HeroScapers Gallery or Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio (from front page): The Ice Troll Berserker is a quick, low cost hero which can bond with the Arrow Gruts. He is really a force to be reckoned with on any snow filled battlefield!

A: No, it takes the movement penalty, but that is partially offset by the fact that it gets to roll to move again.

Q: How do Uncommon Heroes work?
A: See The Book of Feral Troll, Clarifications section

Synergy Benefits Received
Arrow Gruts: Beast Bonding:
As a beast, an Ice Troll Berserker may benefit from the Arrow Gruts' BEAST BONDING activation bonus.

Greater Ice Elemental: Ice Cold:
Because of his ability to turn water into ice, the Greater Ice Elemental may assist the Ice Troll Berserker when the Ice Troll Berserker rolls for ICE TROLL CHARGE. If the Ice Troll Berserker is on an ice space, he may also remove an additional wound marker due to his COLD REGENERATE power.

Ornak: Red Flag of Fury:
As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Ice Troll Berserker may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
-N/A
Terrain Benefits and Penalties Received
SNOW and ICE TILES: Ice Troll Charge May add 3 to die roll.
SNOW and ICE TILES: Cold Regenerate May remove an additional wound marker.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Ice Troll Berserker - What's your army idea?

Changes in the Base Size

How much D3 are you buying???

Terrain Influenced Special Abilities- Definitive List

Questions/Rules for Snow and Ice
Power Rankings

Jexik: Ice Troll Berserker- Helped convince me to take my Arrow Gruts out of retirement. B

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 5 (131/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 18th, 2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: vc added
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM

Remi Woo who?
Re: The Book of Ice Troll Berserker

For the amount of "charges" I usually get with the vikings, this guy should be amazing.
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:38 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's interesting that although his powers have something to do with snow, he doesn't have anything to let him move through it quicker. With only 5 move, he's going to need both of those powers to accomplish anything on a map with much snow.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:57 PM

Boottrap has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
It's interesting that although his powers have something to do with snow, he doesn't have anything to let him move through it quicker. With only 5 move, he's going to need both of those powers to accomplish anything on a map with much snow.
It seems to me like he'll do better on a map without snow, to be honest...or one with only a few isolated patches of snow...
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:34 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boottrap View Post
Quote:
It seems to me like he'll do better on a map without snow, to be honest...or one with only a few isolated patches of snow...
Or with normal snow and ice rather than heavy snow and slippery ice...
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
The Ice Troll's loincloth is targetable

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
-Rulings and Clarifications-
The Ice Troll's loincloth is targetable
I didn't need to know that.

Old November 28th, 2010, 02:28 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does anyone have any stories about using this guy?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 28th, 2010, 07:38 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I used him the other day. With his charge at such a low number he can move almost 10 spaces a turn. This allows him to get first dibs on all the glyphs. He will repel a couple attacks but will fall fast against squad. He faced Torin and the drow he did 3 wounds to Torin and killed 2 Drow (really 3 do to HiD.)

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old November 29th, 2010, 03:38 PM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker

Although he tends to go down quick in the early game, if you have a troll around for clean up he does better since your opponent isn't likely to have the fire power to damage him as much per OM so he gets a chance to heal.

I used this guy recently in an Ornak army. He did pretty well since the opponent was much more worried about the incoming hydra. Since the troll double moved once and got out ahead of the hydra, he took the first volley but then my opponent switched his attention to taking on the hydra once it was in range. By the time the hydra finally went down, the troll was completely healed and had killed a bunch of pieces. His 5 attack is no joke if you get to take a half dozen swings with it.

I'm not sure if the troll was really the best option in this case, but he did do very well. I think the trick with this guy is to try and avoid letting your opponent focus all of his attacks on him at once. He really needs a chance to put his healing to good use and he is a little too fragile to do it unless you have some big nasty target around to take the heat off of him.

As great as the troll worked in that Ornak match, I've also seen him taken out in a single volley by some Krav with height, so he is one of those high risk and reward kinds of pieces.

I can't really think of a good build for him that includes Raelin but I imagine that the extra defence would really do wonders for this guy's durabillity. Healing one wound per OM is a lot nastier when you have to penatrate 4 defence to remove each hp.

Last edited by Looking East; November 29th, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old November 29th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
I've tried him out a bit, but in the first game he died in one turn to three DCoT.

The second he killed Cyprien, with both starting unwounded. Then Marcu killed him.

His movement is really awesome on snowy maps, and I'm looking forward to playing him more.
Old November 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker

If my calculations are correct, on standard terrain they have average move of 8.3333....

On snowy terrain, they get an average move of 11.1111.....

<Can someone confirm my calculations? I used the formula for the sum of an infinite series, a1/(1-r), with a1=5 and r=.4/.55>

Wow. Speedy little buggers.

The dice help those who help themselves.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units