Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Confred's Workshop: X-Men Unique Squad!!

* Newest
X-Men

DC
Anti-Monitor
Aquaman
Batman
Granny Goodness
Parademon
Superman
Wonder Woman

Marvel
Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Elektra
Galactus (Ibechief edit)
Ground Assault Drone
Hawkeye
Incredible Hulk
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Iron Man (Mark V)
Jessica Jones
Loki (Bonus Edits)
Luke Cage
Moonknight
Nick Fury
Puppet Master (hi1hi1hi1hi1 edit)
Spider-Man (Web) (Discussion)
Thor
Valkyrie
X-Men (Unique Squad)
Wakandan Royal Guard

Other

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; July 4th, 2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: New figure entries
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
TMNT

My first customs will be from the childhood Classic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and inspired by B&K's thread, using his cards as base. I worked with him in his original TMNT thread but had creative differences and I split. Kudos to his designs. With each character I have commentary touching on their development and interactions with B&K's blueprints.
His original post can be found here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28924

With the turtles I had the mantra "Think Ninja". They each had to be tricky in their own particular ways. Also, they are to be a hero squad so I want synergies and quirky interactions. Finally, I wanted some way of having them not get mowed down by range. This final part never really materialized, but is dealt with by their small hit zones and fast movement.
I don't have cards mocked up yet and names of special powers are not final.
Leonardo
Spoiler Alert!

Leonardo Commentary
Spoiler Alert!

Michelangelo
Spoiler Alert!

Michelangelo Commentary
Spoiler Alert!

Raphael
Spoiler Alert!

Raphael Commentary
Spoiler Alert!

Donatello
Spoiler Alert!

Donatello Commentary
Spoiler Alert!

April O’Neil
Spoiler Alert!

April O'Neil Commentary
Spoiler Alert!

Casey Jones
Spoiler Alert!

Casey Jones Commentary
Spoiler Alert!

Master Splinter
Spoiler Alert!

Master Splinter Commentary
Spoiler Alert!

4 Turtles = 430pts + Casey = 500pts
4 Turtles + Splinter = 600pts
4 Turtles + Splinter + Casey + April = 700pts

Last edited by Confred; August 3rd, 2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Added Commentary
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Confred's Customs 3/1- TMNT

I love what you can get in a 700 point army there!
I'd argue that Michaelangelo's "Taunt 14" power is more than just "inspired" by B&K though. That seems like a borderline rip off, so you might consider swapping it out for something more original ... Also, looking at his card, 100 points seems a bit low for what he brings to the table. 140 maybe? 6 defense and counter strike and whirlwind special attack is pretty fierce.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 1st, 2010, 10:39 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Beat Down
After Casey Jones attacks, if the defending figure rolled no shields, Casey Jones may attack again.
That is a really cool power.

Master Splinter has a life of 3 and a defense of 3, and he costs 170 points???? I am certain that he is grossly overpriced. I wouldn't draft him at 70 points, when I could pay 10 more and get Raelin. I think with his card the way it is, he is probably worth like 15 or 20 points at the most.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:04 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

20 points? Did you read "Ninja Master"? I know he's glass jawed, but that's a pretty nice power ... I mean, it's not 170 points on its own with how glass jawed he is, but he's more than 20!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 1st, 2010, 11:39 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!

Spoiler Alert!

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.

Last edited by Boromir_and_kermit; March 2nd, 2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:47 PM

Agreed. That's pretty lame.

Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:00 AM

Michelangelo Tuning

Before PlayTest Commentary:
Spoiler Alert!

Michelangelo
Mutant
Unique Hero
Ninja
Tricky
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 5
Attack 3
Defense 6 (4)
Points 100 (110)

Taunt 14
After moving and before attacking, choose one opponent’s figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Michelangelo and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, move that figure adjacent to Michelangelo and force it to attack Michelangelo with one less attack die. Figures moved with Taunt 14 are never attacked for leaving an engagement.
Whirlwind Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3.
Michelangelo may attack any or all figures adjacent to him with Whirlwind Special Attack. Roll each attack separately.
Counter Strike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from adjacent figures, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

- The Play Test (at Defense 4): 1-4
Michelangelo vs. Kumiko (-20)
Spoiler Alert!

Michelangelo vs. Ne-Gok-Sa (-10)
Spoiler Alert!

- Taunt isn't automatic . Continuing tests appropriately
Michelangelo vs. Atlaga (-10)
Spoiler Alert!

Michelangelo vs. Agent Carr (-0)
Spoiler Alert!

Michelangelo vs. Sgt. Drake Alexander <RotV> (+10)
Spoiler Alert!

Results: Defense drops from 6 to 4, Points drop pending.
On Second thought, Michelangelo should be imposing and intimidating to approach with his twirling display of Nunchaku.

- The Second Play Test (at Defense 5):
Michelangelo vs. Kumiko (-20)
Spoiler Alert!

Michelangelo vs. Atlaga (-10)
Spoiler Alert!

Result: Keep Defense at 4.

-
Splinter Commentary
Spoiler Alert!

Responses to Criticism
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; March 6th, 2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:30 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!

Spoiler Alert!

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.

Last edited by Boromir_and_kermit; March 2nd, 2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:35 AM

And our Michelangelo's are different. Your version of Mikey had him jumping from buildings and ambushes and the like.
Mine has him break-dancing area affecting and invoking challenges as in the movies, regardless of height advantage. Similar but at the same time different.

Responses to Criticism
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; March 2nd, 2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Added Response to Criticism
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:17 AM

I felt it was more the concept of Taunt and the fact it had been around a long time - but all water under the bridge mate.

I like your thoughts on each character. Thanks for uploading them Confred.

I also really like your cartoon version of April - very fitting. I can just see her in her Yellow jumpsuit.

In the comic, April actually helped to create the Mouser at Baxter Stockman's business. Baxter attempted to kill her with his Mousers which had been used to rob banks (as she found out about it). Hense the reprogramming ability.

I do like your cartoon version of both April and Don actually. They both fit the cartoon well.

Cheers,
Ben.

PS. My wave 2/3 releases have some comic/cartoon characters which I have laid out already (Rocksteady, Beebop, Leatherhead and Baxter Stockman as a fly, Metalhead and Slash) When I get to them, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on them.

Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:27 AM

Yeah I ended up reading the comics throughout this project and I liked your programming ability for that reason.
-
I thought about continuing with Rocksteady and Beebop
Perhaps a charge attack for one and a rapid fire attack for the other, both with a chance to bumble and fail, friendly fire on miss for the rapid fire for example.
But to be honest, not having figures is disheartening. For the ones I made, I think I will sculpt them. But there are obvious flaws in that route.
Oh, and your Foot are perfect. I might redo Shredder (although I never cared for him as a kid, so meh) but the Foot don't need anything.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations