Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 11th, 2010, 08:27 AM

Gunnbjorn is surprisingly tart
Gunnbjorn's Customs

Thanks for stopping by, everyone. My custom work is currently in "beta" and is still being tested. Of course, I should note that I would love some feedback and help, as it would help by tons.

I'm working on two sets: Confrontation, by Rackham and Warhammer 40,000, by Games Workshop.

I wish to release several sets in 20-30 custom cards per set; right now, I am working on "Confrontation: Set One / Kingdoms at War". I hope to produce these in a trading card format, as this makes things easier on me, and it just looks prettier to me.

Here are the first cards created:

Here is what the cards will look like from this point onward (finalized card template):

Card Front:

Card Back:

Card Front:

Card Back:

Card Front:

Card Back:

*Cards Updated: January 13, 2010

I am using HSToolKit to help in working out the point costs of units and I am using both HSToolKit and these forums to help me in all current abilities of the game.

As you can see, I am renaming abilities to somewhat add flavor to the characters on the card, and their backgrounds.

Again, I would love some help, and hope to further this set and know that the point costs are somewhat decent, fair and that they are able to play. I will be play-testing a few of the cards I have made in a short while.

Thanks, everyone.

Here's an update, containing everything in the first set (this is the one I am currently working on), and they're in order.

Confrontation: Set One / Kingdoms at War, by Gunnbjorn

Griffins of Akkylannie:

- 1 / 30 Executioners
- 2 / 30 Demon Hunters
- 3 / 30 Fusiliers
- 4 / 30 Spearmen
- 5 / 30 Knight of Redemption
- 6 / 30 Praetorian Guards
- 7 / 30 Templars
- 8 / 30 Melkion, Temple of the West Hero
- 9 / 30 Arkhos, Temple of the East Hero
- 10 / 30 Sered, Temple of the South Hero

Wolfen of Yllia:

- 11 / 30 Hunters
- 12 / 30 Fangs
- 13 / 30 Great Fangs
- 14 / 30 Trackers
- 15 / 30 Shadow Trackers
- 16 / 30 Worg
- 17 / 30 Sylvan Animae
- 18 / 30 Asgarh, Path of Opal Hero
- 19 / 30 Onyx, Throne of Stars Hero
- 20 / 30 Isakar, Twilight Hills Hero

Alchemists of Dirz:

- 21 / 30 Clones
- 22 / 30 Dasyatis Evolution
- 23 / 30 Hybrid Alpha
- 24 / 30 Phemera Alpha
- 25 / 30 Sentinels
- 26 / 30 Skorize
- 27 / 30 Crossbowmen
- 28 / 30 Syhar Sighthounds
- 29 / 30 Claudia Nessalith, Dirz Hero
- 30 / 30 Kheris, Dirz Hero

The second set, which I have yet to name, will contain units from the Rams of Acheron, Army of the Lion and the Army of the Rat (Goblins).

Here's another updated list, containing everything in the first Warhammer 40,000 set I'll be working on when finished with the Confrontation set. I'll be adding more info as time goes on.

Here are previews of the Warhammer 40,000 cards, which will contain fronts and backs. This template looks real sweet; let me know what you think!

Card Front:

Card Back:

Thanks for checking these out, everyone!

Warhammer 40,000: Set One / Dark Millennium, by Gunnbjorn

Space Marines:

- 1 / 30 Tactical Squad
- 2 / 30 Scouts
- 3 / 30 Combat Squad
- 4 / 30 Terminator Squad
- 5 / 30 Sternguard Veteran Squad
- 6 / 30 Dreadnought
- 7 / 30 Kor'sarro Khan, White Scars Hero
- 8 / 30 Kayvaan Shrike, Raven Guard Hero
- 9 / 30 Pedro Cantor, Crimson Fists Hero
- 10 / 30 Captain Sicarius, Ultramarines Hero

Orks:

- 11 / 30 Shoota Boyz
- 12 / 30 Slugga Boyz
- 13 / 30 Gretchins
- 14 / 30 Stormboyz
- 15 / 30 Deffkopta
- 16 / 30 Nobz
- 17 / 30 Kommandos
- 18 / 30 Ghazghkull Thraka, Ork Warlord Hero
- 19 / 30 Mad Dok Grotsnik, Ork Hero
- 20 / 30 Boss Zagstruk, Ork Hero

Imperial Guard:

- 21 / 30 Cadian Shock Troops
- 22 / 30 Catachan Jungle Fighters
- 23 / 30 Cadian Heavy Weapons Team
- 24 / 30 Catachan Heavy Weapons Team
- 25 / 30 Cadian Snipers
- 26 / 30 Vostroyan Firstborn Squad
- 27 / 30 Sentinel
- 28 / 30 Cadian Kasrkin Squad
- 29 / 30 Ogryn Squad
- 30 / 30 Commissar Yarrick, Imperial Guard Hero

The second set of WH40K will contain the Deathkorps of Krieg (I have those and wanna implement them into HS), Tyranids and the mighty Eldar.

Thanks again for looking!

Hardcore Gamer, Hardcore Gym Rat and Hardcore Food Addict.
It's Batrep Time! It's Custom Time! It's Tradin' Time!

Last edited by Gunnbjorn; January 13th, 2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: New Sample Cards Insterted, including 40K Cards, Updated Coming Set Lists for Confrontation and Warhammer 40,000
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:43 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Gunnbjorn's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnbjorn View Post

Your card has a very clean and crisp appearance. Very Nice.

The unit itself seems straight forward enough. I like his simplicity- no complicated or overly-wordy abilities.

There are a few things I noticed that you might want to look into...

The wording of the abilities could be tweaked a little to make it more "official" sounding if that is something you are going for.

There is nothing indicating what his hit zones are. You might want to make a space for that.

He is a common hero with a life of 3. Common figures typically have a life of 1 due to game mechanics. With the DnD Uncommon Heroes this has changed somewhat. You may want to consider either reducing his life to 1 or making him an Uncommon Hero to keep things straight.

Lastly, he has a range of 2. This can get tricky. I am assuming that he has a range of 2 because of his lance which absolutely makes sense. The trouble arising from a range of 2 with a non-projectile weapon is height. Technically a figure with a range of 2 can attack a non-adjacent figure even if that figure is 20 levels higher (with multiple castle sets that is not too unlikey). So, can the Knight of Redemption use his lance to attack figures on top of castle walls (or any extreme height) is the question. This can be taken care of with special text but it does take up more space.

None of my observations are necessarily intrinsically important but again, you might want to consider them.

I have often thought about doing Confrontation customs; I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I think you off to a good start.
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM

LamaClown, your observations are very important to me, trust me. It helps by tons when others go on in a nice way and help fellow 'Scapers out; I thank you for what you have noticed.

Here's my thing on the Hit Zones: I never pay attention to them. I know others do, but I have always ignored them. I dunno, if it is real important, then I may throw them in later, but right now, I have the "Squad Size" in there to clear that up so folks know how many make up a unit.

I also wanted to keep things simple with the abilities; I got this inspiration from HeroClix (where I rename abilities to simply add flavor to the unit/s using that ability). I may have to see about re-wording the abilities to fit the unit more.

I will totally change the Life on this unit and any coming Common Heroes. Thanks a lot for that information.

Thanks so much for noting the reach I gave this unit. I may add an ability to the list called "Reach" which will clearly state that the ability only gives him a range of two against enemy units on the same level as this unit (only).

Thanks again, so much for all your input. As you may not think of it as important, it truly helps by a lot.

Old January 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnbjorn View Post
Thanks so much for noting the reach I gave this unit. I may add an ability to the list called "Reach" which will clearly state that the ability only gives him a range of two against enemy units on the same level as this unit (only).
Reach 2
When attacking a figure whose base is not higher or lower than 3 levels from the base of (HERO) you may add one to (HERO's) Range. You must have line of sight to use Reach 2.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Hooray for Wriggz! Thanks so much!

Using it.

*And Repping you for the awesome help.

Old January 11th, 2010, 08:09 PM

Davey is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I can't really say anymore than Lamaclown, except that he maybe seems a little too expensive as far as points go.

Also, I want to stress the hit zone thing, while they may seem useless, it's not always obvious what you can hit and where you can aim from. For example, the first time I played against Raelin I thought her wings were viable hit zones, until I looked at her card and saw that her wings were grayed out.

"An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot." - Thomas Paine
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:34 PM

*Card Preview's been updated.

Thanks, Davey. I've been using HSToolKit to aquire point values; I'm not the very best at calculating these things manually. I am going to be play-testing these units soon.

Is there any other way you could suggest I add up point values (ie. formulas or such)?

Lastly, I may just use the Hit Zones soon enough. I just have to learn to take the images and turn them into Hit Zone images (saw a tutorial for it here on the forums).

Thanks, again for your help!

Old January 11th, 2010, 09:07 PM

Sorry to be double posting, but I have a created Hit Zone; I used Photoshop, so I kind of had to figure it out myself.

Anyhow, does this look acceptable?

Thanks in advance!

Old January 11th, 2010, 09:19 PM

That looks pretty good, but that aiming zone seems a bit small.

I always had problems with characters riding horses (or swogs, or freakish Marro horses), I mean, just because your horse gets killed doesn't mean you're dead, right?

Anyway, that's another discussion.

"An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot." - Thomas Paine
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:22 PM

Commander GD Woo who?

With the card preview, you forgot to change the stats (life:1, Range:1).

Looks good otherwise!

(An your hit zone thing looks good too)
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:30 PM

Davey, I totally get it (about the horses). Is the aiming zone the section that's green? I'll probably enlarge it a bit.

GD, Thanks for the heads up! I changed it up for you guys.

Thanks again so much, for all your help! More help as time goes on would be sweet, as it would only further the awesomeness of my projects. Cheers!

Old January 11th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnbjorn
Is the aiming zone the section that's green?
Yes.

Typically it covers the whole front part of the face, FYI.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards