Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which unit is better? (Need better Q's...)
Elite Onyx Vipers 8 29.63%
Kozuke Samurai 19 70.37%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 15th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #34 -- Elite Onyx Vipers Vs. Kozuke Samurai

This week is the Elite Onyx Vipers. I had a very hard time finding someone for them to go against, so the Kozuke were the best I could come up with right now. Both strong, but also very fragile.

EDIT: As many may have noticed, I have not been updating my Make a Joke thread. I have kind of grow tired of it, and since I have trouble finding pics, I have decided to stop it for now. Any one may pick it up if they choose so, just PM me to let me know they plan to.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Situational Usefulness

MegaSilver

Last edited by MegaSilver; December 15th, 2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old December 15th, 2009, 08:57 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Unit Debate #34 -- Elite Onyx Vipers Vs. Kozuke Samurai

1. Stats/Special Powers
Frenzy is definitely the most valuable special power on either card, but Charging Assault is nothing to be scoffed at. Evasive 8 definitely tips the powers discussion into the EOV's favor, allowing them to wait for the most opportune moment before striking since they aren't as likely to succumb to a ranged threat as the Kozuke.

Advantage: EOV

2. Playability
In my experience I can make more use of the Kozuke's whopping attack against a key target than the EOV's alacrity and ranged defense can do for me.

Advantage: Kozuke

3. Overall Usefulness
Pretty much the same thing as I said for playability.

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head
Whoever had initiative or the first strike! But I can see a slight edge going to the Kozuke because Counter Strike plays into their favor even without initiative.

Advantage: Kozuke.

5. Army Builds
Neither squad is really pigeonholed into any specific army builds and neither has too much synergy with other units, though as Scouts the EOV have a slight edge here.

Advantage: EOV

Overall:
Kozuke in my opinion.
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

I think this one is really simple. What is their job? Deal damage. Kozuke win for that.
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I actually like the EOV here. They are nearly invincible from range and can close a gap much faster than the Kozuke can because of Slither.

Plus, they have that extra element of Frenzy and the Venoc Warlord gives them an extra two move (plus the Frenzy Enhancement).

The Kozuke might require a little bit less luck because of that Frenzy thing, but even so I still would take the EOV (especially if I had the Venoc Warlord in my army that is).
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've never seen the EOV do well. They are simply too fragile once they engage. You have to have a couple frenzies in a row, to really get their worth, which seldom happens. Kozuke's counterstrike is what puts them ahead in my book.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units