Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old November 1st, 2009, 12:02 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!
Halloween '09 @ Brewster's: Cyprien's Castle PICS ADDED!!!

PICS ADDED!!!
OK, so here's the map!

So my map was a sort of more like a survivor game, where I had a group of Heroes:

Drake ROTV
Raelin ROTV
Agent Carr
Sonlen
Syvarris
Isamu

move as a squad (all take turns one after the other) through the map, with the player playing the monsters:

8x Zombies
4x Anubian Wolves
2x Shades
3x Fyorlags
Retchets
Sonya
Cyprien
1x Obsidians
Zelrig
Sudema
Sir Hawthorne

the monsters' turns were figured by which monsters were closest to our heroes at the moment. The vampires only became active when all other monsters were dead.

This is the tale of our brave heroes, and of their fates upon entering the haunted lands of the vampire lord.

(Pictures shown here are not gameplay pics XD but they come close)

Our group first faced the Zombies while moving through the marshes, Isamu got cocky and vanished too deep into the horde, getting zombiefied. Syvarris shot him down shortly after.

Once the zombies were left slaughtered in the marshes, the fyorlags were rushing out of the nearby jungle forest at the group, Syvarris and Sonlen brushed them off rather easily.Sonlen did healing throughout most of the game, as so many enemies were rough on the heavy hitters, Carr and Drake.

After much swordplay, Carr and Drake cut their way through the wolf pack, backed by the range of Syvarris and Sonlen.

They fought up a wooded mountianside to the base of the long bridge leading to the Castle, the bridge being guarded by the demon knight Hawthorne. Drake had grappled up the cliffs, and while the rest spent their time climbing Drake and Hawthorne had fought fiercely. When backup came Hawthorne was slain, after hacking away at Drake's life quite a bit.

When the bridge was cleared, the Shades swirrled about the castle, swooping down to attack our heroes. They were brushed off without much trouble, but this had distracted them and messed up their formation, when the mummy corpse of Sudema arose from the castle, but was put to rest quickly.

From there, Drake ascended the castle walls while the rest explored the dungeons and slayed the dragon and obsidian guards deep inside the lava-filled core of the mountian on which the castle stood.

From there Raelin joined Drake for a rendezvous on the second floor of the castle, the tower nearby containing Cyprien and his lover, hundreds of levels above them. The Retchets had awoken from their Gargoylian posts and attacked the two, after killing two Drake was finally killed and fell many feet to lay slain at the feet of Carr, deep in the molten dungeons. By then Syvarris had climbed up to where Raelin and Drake once were, but it was too late.

And so Lord Cyprien came flying down and instantly entered a fierce Duel with Carr, until dissappearing only to catch Syvarris from behind, slaying him and knocking him down to the dungeons as well. Any wounds he had were now fully healed.

Meanwhile Sonlen was scaling the outer walls, when he was confronted by Sonya. a duel ensued and Sonya was blasted. In an attempt to avenge Syvarris, Sonlen challenged Cyprien and was defeated, and so Raelin and Carr were stuck in Cyprien's deep dungeons, with Cyprien crawling the walls and flying about it's immense space with ease.

Raelin sustained an aura as Carr attempted to climb the high walls, but when Cyprien attacked her, carr hung upside down from the ladder, shooting wildly as Raelin put up a good fight against the vampire lord.

When Carr finally reached the top of the high walls, Cyprien flew after him, Raelin close behind. The three faced off in an epic engagement, Cyprien betwixt stabbing spear and slashing sword. The battle waltzed across the wall until reaching the roof of the castle, where finally Cyprien drained Carr, catching him from behind, throttling his neck.

Raelin fought with all her might, but from atop the high towers of Cyprien's Castle, her shrieks forever echoed across the desolate marshes and bleak forests of this haunted countryside.

Muhuahahaha~

I hope you enjoyed :3 Happy Halloween all! Sorry for the webcam images, it's all I got XD

Last edited by Brewster; November 2nd, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old November 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Halloween '09 @ Brewster's: Cyprien's Castle

If this really went down this way, wow, epic, and remarkably balanced. I enjoyed the concept...I'll probably try something like it sometime soon.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

See Zombie Island rules in customization forum. Just discovered them myself. The boat mechanism is especially cool.

David

Next Generation

Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Amazing! you should write. maybe I'll start a Heroscape literary magazine and you all can send your stories to me through PM and I'll edit and publish them on the thread. I might need to get someone to help me though. Also results might be slow in coming because it's the school year. Yes I think I'll do hat now.

Slink's story can be found here.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 07:04 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Edit: Pics Added!!!

Double Edit:
By the way, thanks guys!
I'm more of a visual artist than a writer :P but the way the game played out was like watching a scary Heroscape movie! XD

and I will most definitely check the Zombie Island rules for next year's monsterthon ^^

And yes I was suprised at how balanced the armies ended up, I guess a squad of heroes in this game is not to be underestimated! Take notes, WOTC!

Last edited by Brewster; November 2nd, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Halloween '09 @ Brewster's: Cyprien's Castle PICS ADDED!

I really wish I had a basement.
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:00 AM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

That was great!! I love when the monsters win

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:28 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

That is pretty awesome.

The thing about a squad of heroes is Raelin is a lot stronger protecting heroes. Plus, when there's a map that big, there will be lulls in the battle that Sonlen can spend healing, and the heroes only have to deal with small waves of squads instead of a never-ending stream that a normal tourney game gives them.

That's why it's fun to play scenarios like this from time to time. I'm gonna have to try to get a game like this in soon.

Thanks, Brewster. You've revitalized my desire to play scenarios.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
That is pretty awesome.

The thing about a squad of heroes is Raelin is a lot stronger protecting heroes. Plus, when there's a map that big, there will be lulls in the battle that Sonlen can spend healing, and the heroes only have to deal with small waves of squads instead of a never-ending stream that a normal tourney game gives them.

That's why it's fun to play scenarios like this from time to time. I'm gonna have to try to get a game like this in soon.

Thanks, Brewster. You've revitalized my desire to play scenarios.
Yes it is quite fun having a troop of heroes, especially with units that boost eachother up like that. I did have Finn and Thorgrim on the team, but I figured that would give me too much of an advantage (plus there was already too much Jandar on the team ) So I cut them near the beginning before anything remarkable happened.

It was fun to play a game this big, I attribute the relatively short game time to the lack of time spent placing order markers :P
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

This is pretty cool stuff here! I especially like the shot of Carr upside down.

Definitely +rep.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

"Someone, somewhere, is torturing babies with an army of Marro Stingers."
Old November 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
This is pretty cool stuff here! I especially like the shot of Carr upside down.

Definitely +rep.
I'm not sure if that is a legal move, but I did do that in the real game for one extra move XD

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports