Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 7th, 2006, 12:09 AM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Taelord: give him life or give him Range ?

I know this is a time long question that has been asked a hundred time but I still haven;t found a reasonable solution after reading alot on this board

No one ever pics this guy and I play alot.

So he has disengage and the Attack Aura but he still isn't worth the 180.

I am trying to come up with a reason to make him worth so much and giving him a range of 2 since he has such a big ass sword seems to give him a little more advantage but I am throwing the idea out there to see what you cats think.

Or should he get 6 life? 7 Life?

I know some people play the house rule to just mark down his cost to balance him but I preffer to beef him up instead lowering his price tag.

Sorry for digging up an old topic.
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:17 AM

MBSowards has disabled reputation
Just use him with the snipers on elevation and he'll be worth 280 points.

Spartacus is like Nike. The shoes are no better than any other, but you pay a whole lot for the name.
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Taelord: give him life or give him Range ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor
So he has disengage and the Attack Aura but he still isn't worth the 180.
Yes, yes he is.

If he never gets picked how do you know he's not worth the 180?
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
hell with that. He's useless in low point games. But playing 1000 point army and defend the castle senerio, and he's worth every penny. I had him up in the back. rows and rows of 4th mass at the bottom, and I was untouchable. Extreme height, +2, Taelord +1, Not moving +1, base attack 2. that's 6 dice baby. count them. 6. and you get 4 shots per turn. Now tell me he's not worth a measly 180 points?

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old September 7th, 2006, 10:38 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
As said before, he really shines when atop a high castle. He can easily stay out of sight from the ranged units below and gives your units that extra punch. If the scenario is a "take the flag down from the castle scenario," I like to pick Taelord, minions, and either snipers or the 4th Mass. If they manage to get through your ranged units and enter the castle, just park your minions by the ladders with Taelord behind them.

For shorter 300-500 point games without big high ground or castles, I like to cost him at 100 though.

Old September 7th, 2006, 10:51 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I know others have made his cost on a scale. So maybe make his cost 80 + 10/100 points of the army (up to a 180 pt max). So by himself he is worth 80, but in a 1000 pt army he gets the full 180 pt cost.
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:09 AM

Rajaat the Warbringer has disabled reputation
I choose him near every time. But we always play high point games. Pick him with the snipers and you're in business.

"Go forth, then, and avenge my death!"
-- The ghost of the English language
"A Kingdom of Loathing"
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
He's probably not worth 180 in a 400 pt army. But we usually play between 500-800 pt armies and he is picked almost every time. Like everybody else said. Park him near some ranged figures at height (Omnicrons especially) and he's well worth his points.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old September 7th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
With the castle, I believe his points are justified.
Old September 7th, 2006, 03:47 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A truly well designed and costed figure is good anytime, not just when he's used in certain situations, or with a certain caveat. Taelord IS overcosted because he doesn't always justify his cost. Niflheim is nearly the same cost yet he is ALWAYS useful and worth his points, on the ground, on a castle, on ice, on jello, whatever. Tae's stats and powers do not merit his expense MOST of the time... only in certain situations, and that's lame.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old September 7th, 2006, 04:00 PM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
With the castle, I believe his points are justified.
Taelord's ability doesn't magically become better when he's on top of a castle. It would be no different if you had a high plateu with only 1 way up to the top or something similar. He gives +1 attack on top of a castle, +1 attack on a flat plains enviroment. Nothing changes about Taelord. It's the terrain tactics that's changed.

Funnily enough, all the arguments that are used to "justify" Taelord equally apply to Ms. Raelin. She gets better and better the larger the army you use (more targets to affect), and she even provides a (read: the same) sizeable boost on top of the castle. Omnicron snipers have a decent defense for a ranged unit. On top of a castle with Raelin, they have 6-7 defense not to mention 2-3 attack dice. Ouch. She even has more units that gain extra benefit from the Defense dice, including the annoying Krav Maga.

On top of that, Raelin's ability, IMHO is more powerful than Taelord's, given that it gives 2 bonus dice, not one. Sure, sure. The chances to roll a shield on a die is lower than a skull, but you get two dice to do that. You have a chance to roll 2 shields with that, compared to the 0% chance to roll 2 skulls with the Taelord boost.

Meh. Taelord is worth 80 points, IMHO, large army, castle, or not.

Glory to the Many.
Old September 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehandofzarquon
Meh. Taelord is worth 80 points, IMHO, large army, castle, or not.
His "Disengage" is the extra 100 points

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units