Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 9th, 2006, 12:29 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Major Q-9

There was a thread back at the HQ about his shoulders. The thoughts of rotating him was countered by his double-spcae base. I suggested transferring him to a DW9K base (will he fit?)
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:38 AM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
Well, if his cost was figured into him being a double hex figure, would that be a good thing to do?
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:05 AM

MacG Woo who?
We played him on the tundra map as the defender, switching sides.

Games 1 and 2 - allowed him LOS to anything as if he could switch.
He dominated the defense, shooting down anything that came at him, including Krav Maga, DW8K, Braxas, and Krug.

Games 3 and 4 - limited him to shoulder pad sighting. Having the glacier walls and pads limit his corridor of fire made him a lot less disgusting.

I think he needs to have the shoulderpad/not spinning limitation, never mind the extra struggle from being a two-hex base.
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:55 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
personally I'd view him as being able to rotate his shoulders and head around...therefore his pads wouldna affect his LOS...which is the way it would work in real life....

cheers

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old May 9th, 2006, 02:53 AM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
This is the unit that forces me to simply beg for LoS and facing rules to be put into place that are equal for every unit.
Old May 9th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think they forgot to put eye holes in his shoulder pads for him to peek through.
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:49 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i dont have Q9, so i dont really know what he looks like, or how to use him. I just know he has an effect that is really fun to say.

Does points affect single- or double-space bases? i thought that was based sheerly on size. If Q9 would fit on a single base, why not change him?
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG

Games 3 and 4 - limited him to shoulder pad sighting. Having the glacier walls and pads limit his corridor of fire made him a lot less disgusting.

I think he needs to have the shoulderpad/not spinning limitation, never mind the extra struggle from being a two-hex base.
Yes! The glaciers, trees, and shoulder pads made him less potent. But I believe the should pads and blocking his on LOS is very important for balance. Is his SA not the most fun thing to consider?

I'm very curious to hear anyone's views concerning when is it viable to do 9 (or at least some of the 9) single attack die rolls? Besides on Vipers or any figures with 2 defense?

On HSHQ someone wrote it might be good to roll single skulls - if you can get a skull - on minions as they're bound to come up blank on one of the many defense rolls Q9 could make them roll.

Would it be viable for Stealth Dodge figures? My son had Q9 last night and I took DW7000. We tried the 9 single attack die and 7K defended the skull WHEN it showed up.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:22 AM

MacG Woo who?
Seven dice (stealthed) is a lot of dice. I have happily used the 1-at-a-time trick against Krav Maga (killing the one I wanted on the third die and then moving on to wound Braxas with two rolls of three dice) because they have only 3-dice stealth dodge.

3-dice stealth dodge has about a 30% chance to fail to get one shield.
7-dice stealth dodge has about a 6% chance to fail. Ugh. (8 and 9 dice drop to 4% and 3%. Not good odds.)
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:31 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
UD got an official response form Hasbro stating that his shoulder pads could indeed block his LOS.

I think it all figures in. I don't think they gave him huge shoulder pads on a whim.

I just got him so I don't really know but he seem uber powerful; I have to believe the double space and large shoulder pads play into balancing him as a unit...

….but then again I drink Heroscape / Hasbro Kool-Aid on a daily basis.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'll post my feelings on the whole blocking LOS. Personally no figure should block his/her own LOS. These figs are just standing there but the units they represent wouldn't be like a statue but actively moving around. It just keeps the game simple and keeps the lame rule-lawyers at bay. Just my .02. I just think their ruling on units blocking their own LOS is going to more consternation than it's worth.

Newb.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:43 AM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
I agree, I would not mind seeing advanced rules with line of sight determined as in wargames which ironically I find easier to apply than the present rule.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units