Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 1st, 2009, 12:59 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
M3G Discussion Thread (Mercenary Map Makers Guild)

This is the Official Discussion Thread for the Mercenary Map Makers Guild! Please keep all posts as on topic as possible.
Official Proposals and Voting are done here: M3G Official Business

M3G Rules and Goals
C3G Goals

Current Voting Members
EternalThanos86
IAmBatman
Cavalier
gorthan313
joe5joe7

M3G Members
Guild "Mercenaries"
Sup3rS0n1c
gorthan313
joe5joe7
Vydar is the man
EternalThanos86

Guild "Sidekicks"
MattHelm
Griffin
Garada
IAmBatman
Darkness1717

MAPS
Wayne Manor (VS File) by j5j7
Wayne Manor (VS File) by ET

OFFICIAL M3G MAPS
Fortress of Solitude by SS
Grundy's Grave (VS File)
Heist at Gothem City Bank
Darkseid's Arrival

PASSED PROPOSALS
1. The theme for Map #1 is Gotham Bank.
2. Map building materials:
One Master Set (Rise of the Valkyrie, Swarm of the Marro)
One Marvel Set
Two Expansion Sets*
*Expansions may come from the following: Volcarren Wasteland, Thaelenk Tundra, Road to the Forgotten Forest, Ticalla Jungle, Fortress of the Archkyrie, a second Marvel Set, or Swarm of the Marro (which would count as two Expansion Sets)
3. The theme for Map #2 is Fortress of Solitude.
4. The theme for Map #3 is Wayne Manor.
5. The theme for Map #4 is Grundy's Grave.
6. The theme for Map #5 is Darkseid's Arrival
7. Start zones must be far enough away from each other so that no figure can attack the opponent's start zone on it's first turn.
8. Start zones must be 15 spaces. (Pending revision from the C3G)
9. Each map will have a minimum of two scenarios using the C3G units.
10. Grundy's Grave and Gotham Bank are confirmed.
11. Darkseid's Arrival is confirmed.
12. Fortress of Solitude is confirmed.

CURRENT PROPOSAL IN VOTING
None

The C3G (Custom Comic Creators Guild) is looking into setting up a Master Set for DC characters. Check out their work so far in the C3G Discussion Thread and the C3G Proposal/Voting Thread.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest and set up a group of mapmakers and scenario writers for the current C3G Master Set. The plan is to create a rulebook similar to the one included in the Marvel set with a few maps and several scenarios. First, however, we need people interested. The C3G has already set up the heroes and villains, and they are currently working on finishing up the first card, Superman. This first Master Set will be DC comics, so appropriate maps would be something like Gotham City, Fortress of Solitude, etc. Scenarios are totally open for suggestion.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Last edited by EternalThanos86; September 23rd, 2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:18 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G Maps & Scenarios

M3G RULES 2.0

MAPS
1) For any decision to be determined, concerning what themed maps will be worked on, a Proposition must be submitted In the M3G Voting Thread in this manner so it is not confused with simple chatter or normal discussion: I Propose (what thematic map idea you are Proposing).
Only M3G Mercenaries are allowed to make a formal proposition.

2) Each Proposition will have a maximum of 3 days to achieve a majority vote of Active M3G Mercenary Members. A Proposition will only be finalized with a Majority vote. A vote consists of an M3G Mercenary Member posting yes or no in the M3G Voting Thread. All active M3G Mercenary and Sidekick members will have their name in the form of a link to their Heroscapers.com profile page on the first page of this updated M3G Discussion Thread and the M3G Voting Thread.

3) If there is a split decision on a Proposition, then a private message will be sent to the M3G Sidekicks asking them to respond to the split decision. An M3G Sidekick will post in the open M3G Voting Thread their vote for the proposition, yes or no. The first M3G Sidekick to respond will have the deciding vote.
If a majority vote could not be achieved within the allowed 72 hour period (3 days), the Proposition will be canceled, and the Person responsible for the failed Proposition may not submit the same proposition for at least 3 days (this will prevent a member from pushing a Proposition through, and it will give the M3G members time to discuss the decision in the M3G Discussion Thread.

4) Once the voting process for what themed maps will be created have finished, one designated M3G Sidekick will give each M3G Mercenary one themed map to work on.
Below, is a list of all the requirements from a Mercenary that has been chosen to work on a Themed Map. That Mercenary must complete the design of the map to the best of their abilities and then submit the build instruction and a picture (virtual or digital) in the form of a link in the M3G Discussion Thread. If an M3G Mercenary is unable to do this, then they will be required to pass on the task of designing the map on to another M3G Mercenary, but they will be required to do any and all play testing on each submitted map.

1) Design a themed Map with a catchy Tiltle
2) Use no more than this amount of terrain per map
  • One Master Set (Rise of the Valkyrie, Swarm of the Marro)
  • One Marvel Set
  • Two Expansion Sets*
*Expansions may come from the following: Volcarren Wasteland, Thaelenk Tundra, Road to the Forgotten Forest, Ticalla Jungle, Fortress of the Archkyrie, a second Marvel Set, or Swarm of the Marro (which would count as two Expansion Sets)

3) List how many sets are required to build your map.
4) Map out the placement of the starting zones
5) Glyph placement and determination from available glyph pool
6) Have a nice full picture (virtual or digital) in the plans for show

5) When a fully designed Map has been submitted, it is the job of the entire group (M3G Heroes and Sidekicks) to analyze the Map in close detail (including play testing) and then discuss any possible needs for changes. If a change is requested by either an M3G Hero or Sidekick, it is the Creator/Designer's job to make those corrections and post a link to the Map with the corrections made. The Creator/Designer may choose to not make the requested change. If the Creator/Designer decides to not make the requested change, their decision can be overruled by a Majority vote from the M3G Mercenaries.

When the Map has finished being edited and thoroughly Play Tested, a new Proposal to finalize the map may be submitted in the M3G Voting Thread. Once the proposition for the card has received a majority vote by the M3G Mercenaries, the Map becomes M3G approved.

SCENARIOS
1)Once the voting process for Finalized Themed Maps have finished and are approved, one designated M3G Sidekick will give each M3G Mercenary one specific map scenario to work on.
Below, is a list of all the requirements from an M3G Mercenary that has been chosen to work on a Scenario. That Mercenary must submit their fully completed Scenario, with a title, in the M3G Discussion Thread.

1) Basic scenario outlined
2) Number of players
3) Scenario characters chosen (if it is specific)
4) Scenario goal(s)
5) Scenario setup
6) Scenario special rules
7) Scenario victory conditions
8 )Scenario introduction written
9) Scenario named

2) When a fully written Scenario has been submitted, it is the job of the entire group (M3G Heroes and Sidekicks) to analyze the Scenario in close detail (including play testing) and then discuss any possible needs for changes. If a change is requested by either an M3G Hero or Sidekick, it is the Creator/Writer's job to make those corrections and post a link to the Map with the corrections made. The Creator/Writer may choose to not make the requested change. If the Creator/Writer decides to not make the requested change, their decision can be overruled by a Majority vote from the M3G Mercenaries.

When the Scenario has finished being edited and thoroughly Play Tested, a new Proposal to finalize the Scenario may be submitted in the M3G Voting Thread. Once the proposition for the card has received a majority vote by the M3G Mercenaries, the Scenario becomes M3G approved.

No one will ever post a picture of their own or someones map in the M3G Discussion Thread or the M3G voting thread, who has not been designated to do so. If a member wishes to share or reference another map, they may do so by simply posting a link. This will ensure that the team stays focused on the current maps in process, and is not distracted by visual material. This will also prevent members from trying to simply submit their own maps without being designated to work on that particular project.

This process should be fun and structured, if at any time there is a rule that is hindering the process, the group may simply bypass the rule for the sake of progress only.

Quote:

Last edited by EternalThanos86; May 12th, 2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:33 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you so much for heading up this project ET. Can I call you ET? I am very happy that you took on this role, I know you and your guys (not sure if your BOM's will follow you over here) will do a great job.
We probably won't have much to give you to go on for a while, other than the Hero vs. Villain line up, but feel free to send me, IamBatman, or any of the other HERO status members some ideas or already designed maps, and I know I will at least test play them and give you some good feed back.
Good luck, and once the wheels get moving, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

PS. I like your rules, you must be some kind of a genius or something.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, this is going to be amazing. I am now twice as excited about being a part of this project now that some talented map-makers might be involved.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

I would love to help you guys out. Great Idea ET.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM

Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in ET86. I just want to get something straight. We are supposed to build a new set out of existing pieces and make (min) 3 maps that can be made of the those materials. If I'm right how big is the terrain limit?

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll let you guys decide what you think the limit should be. I hope you open it up to more than the Marvel Master set, but keep it small enough that it's user friendly to the people on this site.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
I'm in ET86. I just want to get something straight. We are supposed to build a new set out of existing pieces and make (min) 3 maps that can be made of the those materials. If I'm right how big is the terrain limit?

-Vitm
Great news! The terrain limit is the first order on our agenda. We can start discussing it once everyone is on the same page (probably Monday). Glad you decided to join up!
~ET86

Quote:
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

If I could make a request on size, I'd suggest that you limit it to single sets. In other words, I'd rather see 1 ROTV + 1 Marvel, or 1 SOTM + 1 ROV, etc.

Some of us have amassed collections that only include 1 of everything and don't want to be forced to buy extras of anything just to live out the custom scenario.

Also, although I'm lucky enough to have tracked down a Tundra (damn shipping from Canada killed me), I would stay clear of it as it is far from common on this site.

Thanks for listening and thanks for taking on the "B Wing" of the project.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 2nd, 2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:01 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

I wouldn't mind adding a road/castle, but I agree.

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awww not even one TT map/scenario, Matt Helm? I'm really hurting for a Fortress of Solitude map/scenario in this set, given that it's titled "World's Finest" and all ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:43 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh I here ya. My son is dying to set up Tundra and Ticalla and playing the X-men in the Savage Land.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations