Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart
GeneralGrievous13's Customs

EDIT: My new GIMP created cards are in the SECOND POST of this thread!

One thing that I've loved doing since I first started playing Heroscape is making up rules for new characters. However, due to my computer being an piece of , the cards that I have made are very primitive. All of the cards that I had made until about a year ago were scribbled in pencil on little pieces of note paper. Then, last spring I bumped into a site with a Heroscape card generator, http://mkgray.com:8000/cgi/heroscapeunit. With this card generator, I was able to make cards that were much more advanced than my little pieces of paper, but this site also had many limitations. The rules had to be very short in order to fit on the card, which prevents me from fully explaning the rules as I would like to. The cards are also always the same color, and there is no way to add Super Strength or Flying symbols unless you draw them on after printing the card. Unfortunatly, these are the most advanced cards that I can make right now.

Here are all of the cards that I have made with the online card generator:

EDIT: These cards were my first attempts. Please see the second post for the new / way better versions.

General Grievous C.I.S.: (GeneralGrievous13)

Joker (Unknown) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)
(I later drew on the flying symbol for Batman Beyond, since you can't add it on the site.)

Firefly (Garfield Lynns) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Knightfall Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Prometheus (Unknown) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

I would love any feedback about these cards.

Last edited by GeneralGrievous13; June 5th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM

Re: GeneralGrievous13's Customs

New GIMP created Heroscape custom cards!

General Grievous : (GeneralGrievous13)

Major Z19 : (GeneralGrievous13)

Quickbeam : (GeneralGrievous13)

Grodd : (GeneralGrievous13)

The Joker (Unknown) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Knightfall Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Prometheus (Unknown) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Firefly (Garfield Lynns) DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Gabriel Van Helsing : (GeneralGrievous13)

Brainiac DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Brainiac Drones DC: (GeneralGrievous13)

Last edited by GeneralGrievous13; July 11th, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Reserved for my family's old paper card stats.
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Nice cards, but your text is a little off.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:22 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Work through my GIMPtute (link in sig) and you can do what you what with your customs. Have fun.
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:30 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

Dang, I can't believe I forgot poor Terry. used to love that show. Nice job for your first customs. Might I suggest Grey_Owl's tools for later customs? And Whitestuff's tutorial is amazing as well.
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Work through my GIMPtute (link in sig) and you can do what you what with your customs. Have fun.
My computer won't let me download any version of Gimp, even when I have tried to get their oldest and most basic version. It only gives me a message that says that my computer can't handle a program that is that complicated. I have also tried to load Photoshop, but it just crashes the computer every time.

On a different note, if anyone that has card making skills (and a computer that works) would like to make official looking versions of my cards, it would be greatly appreciated . This especially applies to The Joker and Batman Beyond, since they suffered the most editing when I used the card generator.
Old April 4th, 2009, 11:18 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 View Post
Quote:
My computer won't let me download any version of Gimp, even when I have tried to get their oldest and most basic version. It only gives me a message that says that my computer can't handle a program that is that complicated. I have also tried to load Photoshop, but it just crashes the computer every time.

On a different note, if anyone that has card making skills (and a computer that works) would like to make official looking versions of my cards, it would be greatly appreciated . This especially applies to The Joker and Batman Beyond, since they suffered the most editing when I used the card generator.
Sounds like a good reason to get a new computer
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a good reason to get a new computer
I couldn't agree more, but I spent all of my money on Heroscape sets and Heroclix figures to use with everyone else's custom cards on this site.
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:18 PM

Smile Re: GeneralGrievous13's Customs

YES!!!!!!!!!
After a much needed upgrade and update of my computer, I was able to download GIMP 2.4! I am so excited that I don't know which card to make first! I printed out a hard copy of Whitestuff's GIMPtute so that I can reference it any time and now I'm going to go and download some of Grey_Owl's custom making tools!
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:07 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!
After a much needed upgrade and update of my computer, I was able to download GIMP 2.4! I am so excited that I don't know which card to make first! I printed out a hard copy of Whitestuff's GIMPtute so that I can reference it any time and now I'm going to go and download some of Grey_Owl's custom making tools!
Good for you. Have fun...
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:25 PM

Smile Re: GeneralGrievous13's Customs (Updated 5/21/09)

Now that school is winding down, I am finally able to post some of the new Heroscape cards that I have been making with GIMP and my upgraded computer. They are now in the second post of this thread!

Thanks to everyone on this site, but especially to:

whitestuff: for his great GIMPtute (its in his signature) that walks you through the card making process with text and great visual aids.

and

GreyOwl: for his Customization Tools thread, which puts everything you could ever need in one place.

It is because of you guys and your tools that I could do this without pulling out my hair!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations