Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Chicagoland Tournament on 10/21 Cancelled

hey gang, i have a conflict. i'll be out of town 10/19 to 10/21 (wife's work is paying my way to go with her for a business trip to Vegas). this also means my brother's place will be unavailable. this sucks. my apologies to anyone who made special arrangements to be free for this event. sorry.

i'd like to reschedule this at some point...

========================

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
SO in light of two large tournaments happening on the same day, I declare October 21st national heroscape tournament day and encourage all other groups and factions to also have a tourney on the same day....

that would be truly epic !
National Heroscape Day Oct 21st

let's heed the call for more Heroscaping on Saturday 10/21 at Noon in Chicagoland.

current attendees including "maybe" (22): GaryLASQ (3), Joah, tokomi, djsmith, chuynn (2), langfordrocks, netherspirit, oogiezone, Hahma, digger1111, Pwalley, minimoose38, teekay, legoboy (2), Thor, AgentX-127 (2), Messenger
Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:23 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
I will be requesting the 21st off, so more then likely. I'll be there!
Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
As much as I wanted to do the Tree Town open, I just couldn't do the 10 hours of driving that weekend.
It is "National HS Tourney Day" though.....

I think this is a great idea.

Depending on how many people we can get, deciding on an "enterence" fee, I think we could easily throw some prizes together.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:06 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Good luck guys... I was hoping to get some of you over to our tourney.. but I obviously understand the distance.

It was and is still my hope to make it worth the drive, with the caliber of the competition, along with gaming room & prizes. My own person travel limit is probably 2-3 hour drive unless it’s a real big event ( Gen-Con was 8 hours drive ).

Again I understand the distance thing … have a good tournament. Maybe most of can meet half way sometime.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Again I understand the distance thing … have a good tournament. Maybe most of can meet half way sometime.
a good half-way point could be Dubuque, IA.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
We should look at something like that in the future.
"MadTown ThrowDown" is still kicking around too.
Seeing as that will most likely be a stay over event, will take more time.

Do any of us know the lay off the land in the Dubuque area?
Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:16 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
We should look at something like that in the future.
"MadTown ThrowDown" is still kicking around too.
Seeing as that will most likely be a stay over event, will take more time.

Do any of us know the lay off the land in the Dubuque area?
If you know approx how many from WI & IL would travel to an event there. I could start polling the MN & IA group to see what kind of numbers we could be seeing, and then I volunteer to call the Dubuque chamber and see what places or bussiness would be interested in hosting us. We might still be able to pull in off this year (early Novemberish ) I think it would be smart to try to avoid travelling in any bad weather.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 2nd, 2006, 06:05 PM

tokomi is surprisingly tart
Count me in for 10/21 in Hoffman Estates. It will be god to meet some others in the area

May you roll what you need, when you need it.
Buy/Trade
Old September 2nd, 2006, 08:40 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
I will be there for sure. I am also interested in the Dubuque idea for next time as well.

For the 21st. did we want to do the tourney style with prizes or just the usual?

Joah, Got your message, sorry I didn't call back right away. I will give ya a call tonight.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Spin Master

we could make it a tourney. there could also be a table or two for open play.

i like the 8 player heats that were done at GenCon. once 8 show up the tourney begins. 8 more show up a second heat can begin. while players wait for 8 they can do some open play.

or we could go Swiss Style but that may not fit in a single day...
Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:55 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
R˙chean wrote:
Quote:
SO in light of two large tournaments happening on the same day, I declare October 21st national heroscape tournament day and encourage all other groups and factions to also have a tourney on the same day....

that would be truly epic !
I hate to be the one to break it to you, I think R˙chean has played a JOKE ON US it also happens that it will be a Happy Sweetest Day unless I tell my wife that for Sweetest Day I'm playing heroscape
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM
Spin Master

Ry is not from the Midwest so he is blissfully ignorant of Sweetest Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetest_Day
Sweetest Day is a holiday celebrated primarily in the Midwestern U.S. states of Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin on third Saturday in October. It is described by supporters as a day to remember loved ones and friends. Critics call Sweetest Day an artificial holiday created solely to boost the revenues of candy and greeting card companies.

so just tell your wife it is an artificial holiday. she'll understand.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events