Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:34 AM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
How to Post Images

EDIT by funrun: I merged similar older topics with this one, which pushed my instructions a few posts down the page, so please scroll.

Hi, I photoshopped a small funny (at least I think it's funny) photo that I wanted to display under my signature for posts, but am not sure how to set this up.
Help!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Re: Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette71
Hi, I photoshopped a small funny (at least I think it's funny) photo that I wanted to display under my signature for posts, but am not sure how to set this up.
Help!
You can go to the gallery and sign up. After that go to upload file and browse for the pic.

After you put it in your folder select the image and right click. Scroll down to properties and highlight the address/URL and copy.

Then go to your profile and scroll down until you see Signature. You will paste the URL between [img] [/img] brackets and vuala'

If that doesn't work you could beg a MOD,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 12:51 PM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
Fantastic! Thanks for the info!
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:43 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
Images on Posts

How do I put images on my posts?
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:54 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The image must be on the web (not just on your computer). You can upload an image to the Gallery here or to a photo hosting location such as Photobucket.com. Once the image is on the web you simply type {img}web address here{/img}. Replacing the { } with [ ] and the "web address here" with the respective address of the image such as your avatar's web address of http://www.heroscapers.com/community...686cea4a26.gif

The result is:

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
How to Post Images

Well we used to have an "add image" feature underneath post text boxes, but it appears to have been taken out (temporarily?) for testing our impact on server load (read thread: A few changes.) Some people have since PMed me about how to add an image now, so in this post I will cover all the current ways to post an image.

If the image is already located online. . .
1. Right click on the image and select something along the lines of "copy image path or url or address."
2. In the posting text box, type "[img]" without the quotes.
3. Paste (Ctl+V) to insert that copied image address right after the closing bracket.
4. Close the img tag by typing "[/img]" without the quotes.

If you quote this post, you will see this code in use here to insert this image.

If the image is NOT already located online. . .
1. You need to get it online, so (if you haven't already) go register for an account in our Gallery area.
2. Upload your images using the options in your Gallery account.
3. Once your image is submitted and has its own page like this one, right click on the center image there and follow the steps in the section above.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:44 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
id like to add to this if its ok with you funrun, image will just spam(not like im the one who should be telling you not to spam) up the gallery the register on www.photobucket.com or some other site like it and post it from there, i hope i've been helpful

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:20 PM

yanks114kd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
thx funrun

14MS-15RTTFF-6VW-5TT-6-FOTA-6SOTM-3TJ
1-MARVEL-3-D&D
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Good post Funrun, makes me want to go and redo my How to Use Search post.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:39 PM

WreakLoosE has disabled reputation
Just giving this a try...

Don't worry, This will only hurt a little. But for you.. I will try to make it hurt worse.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:41 PM

WreakLoosE has disabled reputation
SWEET!

Don't worry, This will only hurt a little. But for you.. I will try to make it hurt worse.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great thread! It helped a clueless newbie here a lot!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online