Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 26th, 2006, 02:42 PM

C28525 has disabled reputation
Custom Tables PICS on 2nd page (Co-Creator Imax)

I was able to pick up 6 4x8 auction tables. The ones with lips coming about an inch up and standing about 4 foot tall and am in need of help. My mom, who is artistic as hell and can sketch just about any figure and paint it on the table is going to help me make 6 heroscape tables. I am curious if anyone has designed a layout for painting a table.

I have a dice tower from IM that has a bunch of hexes and pics of some of the figs which I think would be awesome but I wanted to know if any creative types out there have done this before?

If you have let me know, I am really excited about this project and could definitely use some advice.
Old August 26th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Battlechimp Woo who?
Well- I like your idea but I hate to bust your bubble- you are going to be playing on the tables- so IMHO painting them and doing all kind work on them might not yield the results your looking for. If I may I would like to offer you some other options that may give you your desired effect.

1) Paint the different table tops in different colors. Then you can find from a gaming store clear hex maps that you can pin or permanentlyaffix to the tops. Now you have your level 1 terrain on each table.
1a) If you want you can have your mom paint the heroscpae logo in the middle of the table- it will be coverred up when you play but be there when you do not.

2) If you want to add some "background" sights to your table go to your local staples and buy the three panel foam core display boards. You can then have your mom paint different backgrounds on it and put it at the end of the table to provide a backdrop for your games.
2a) One other item that I did years ago was to surround the table with 12 high foamboard and had a background painted on it. It took a lot of work but man looking across that table and seeing the mini's march across the terrain and see a background of far off mountains or lighting strikes- well it definately added atmosphere.
PS- I am planning on revisiting this my self now that I am in to Heroscape.
Keep your ideas coming there isn't anything you can't do with enough patience and perseverance!
Old August 26th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Go to Walmart or a place that sells fabric for cloth making and crafts. Pick up some cheap blue cloth and dark green cloth cut in lengths to make tablecloths for your 4x8 tables. That way you can have islands for maps or just nice green under your maps. No painting needed and you can always wash the tablecloths when they get dirty.

Newb.
Old August 26th, 2006, 08:40 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
can you take the lip off?if you could take it off and cover the table with green or blue felt and put the lip back on.should look real nice and protect your dice and cards too.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:05 PM

I do understand that the hard work put in would be covered whenever the game is played, but I think that these things can really look fantastic if the idea is right.

I have already taken the before pictures and am getting together ideas and possibilities. I have a really good picture in my mind about what I think they should look like, now I just have to get the plan.

Oh yeah, good idea about the felt in different colors, I may try that on one table and see how it comes out. The lips can all be taken off and reattached.
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:14 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
If you are looking at Ideas for pictures of units, look at the box art of all the different expansions. Or you could look at the desktops at the hasbro heroscape site for ideas.

Old August 26th, 2006, 11:20 PM

dickflea Woo who?
I'd like to visualise the table but
Old August 27th, 2006, 12:44 AM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
id go for blue felt and fill in hexs for bottom level water
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM

yeah, I was waiting for one of those worthless thread signs. I will get a pic of one of the tables later.
Old August 27th, 2006, 05:06 PM

dickflea Woo who?
Thanks.....ur too kind
Old August 28th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Maybe off topic, but if you have a place to set up 6 tables for heroscape, you rock, and your parents must be super cool also.

I would think about having your mom make a killer banner that can hung on the wall so while your playing it, you can see. and put it ove the table when not playing, althoguht the wall sounds better ( IMO ). Something you could bring to tourney or get togethers and hang up fo teh day.

I like the idea of having different colored tables, water, sand, grass, rock, snow, and lava there is your 6 tables. Kinda cool idea, when your down , as stated, we would love pictures so maybe we can make something soo cool someday.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:23 PM

Just wanted to let you guys see what the first table came out like. I will be possibly putting more pics here on this page at a later time, depends if this becomes front page worthy material. Hope you guys enjoy this. Some of these pictures are before the table was finished. Let me know what you think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion