Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 19th, 2008, 02:55 PM

TAlex1st Woo who?
Wink Need help countering this 500 pt. army.

My friend(has only played a few games) challenged me(I have played a couple dozen games). Here is the 500 pt. army he is challenging me to beat:

Q9
Q10
Krug
Otonashi
Deathreavers

What I have to work with:
RotV, SotM, all expansion sets/waves(except I only have the 'soulborgs and elves' from ZD), EOV and Sir Gilbert. I have 3x of Minions of Utgar, Einar Imperium and RttFF. My friend pulled his army from my collerction, so I don't have any of them to use. I have 500 pts, any positive ideas, tips or tactics would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. If this is in the wrong section, my apologies. This made the most sense to me.
Old August 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Need help countering this 500 pt. army.

Those 3x Minions are where I'd start. They'll cheerfully rip through a hero-heavy army like that one. After that, specials for the deathreavers and some range to tease Krug with. Kaemon Awa and the Marro Warriors should work well, but there are plenty of other choices.
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If he's only using one squad of 'reavers, they shouldn't be that big of a deal. If you use the Minions grab some type of movement enhancer too (I can't think of any at the moment, though, besides Brunak). Brunak's blood hungry attack would work well on the 'reavers. Using Raelin 2.0 would go a long way to keeping your minions in the game, too.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Movement shouldn't be that big a deal: 4 flying is usually better than a move of 5 for a double-based figure on most maps. The defence of 6 should keep enough of them alive on the way too.

Perhaps a distraction would be a better technique than move-boosting? I played 3x Minions and Johnny Shotgun, James Murphy and Guilty in a tournament with reasonable success. Johnny would charge out, shotgun whoever he could, and then absorb fire while the minions got rolling. However, Johnny probably isn't the best distraction against that army. How about Ne Gok Sa? Good staying power and your opponent won't want him hanging out near the Majors. That'd leave 80pts. Zetacron and Marcu?
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I realize their defense of 6 is good, I'm just saying, using Raelin to make it 7 can't hurt...

Your point on movement is valid.

Brandon

Old August 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM

TAlex1st Woo who?

BIV, ollie thanks for your ideas. I think I'll try using NeGoSa and Raelin with the 3x minions. I hadn't though of NeGoSa, I'm sure my friend won't like the idea of losing one of the majors. The odds aren't in my favor, but it's the idea of him as a distraction. Add 3x Minions with a defense of 8. Again guys, thanks for the ideas and input.
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Good luck, tough-guy...

Brandon

Old August 19th, 2008, 07:03 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, against this army, I wouldn't use the army I was going to say.
Omnicrons x2
Sentinals x2
Raelin RotV
Q9'll tear through these guys. Braxas would be good because of her acid breath for the Reavers and Otonashi, but You'll need someone else for the others. Cyprien is crap against this, since he can't Chilling Touch Soulborgs...Wo-Sa-Ga's Coil Crush works against them, since they aren't Huge. You could try:
Wo-Sa-Ga
Cyprien (Krug)
Cyprien's Blood Momma
To start, thats 330. 170 points left. You can add Raelin for defense bonus, but this army is too fast for her. You'll want some meat shields, and help for Wo-Sa-Ga, so take 2x Nagrubs, if you've got 'em.
Nagrubs x2
With that, you have 110. Who do we know thats 110 points? The Airborne Elite. They are your range support to help tease Krug.
Wo-Sa-Ga
Cyprien
Sonya
AE
Nagrubs x2

Cyprien might not be the best option though, because you'll only use him for ONE guy. AE are for torturing those poor unfortunate Rats and Krug. You might also try Mimring, Isamu, and Guilty instead of Cyprien and his blood momma. Mimring height has 5 attack. Isamu is Isamu. Guilty can attack twice for 30 points. Filler. These are, IMO some good options. Krav are also a good substitute for most anything, since they have their Stealth Dodge. Good luck.
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Champion of Champions

ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker

Personally I think your best bet is with Knights.

I personally would go with:
Knights of Weston x4
Raelin (RoTV)
Sir Gilbert
+30 points of filler

The great thing about knights is how tough they are. If Q9 or Q10 has 1 or 2 weak rounds they could easily be swarmed by knights, then its just a matter of time. Additionally Knights also serve as a solid Krug counter due because his biggest weakness is common squads.
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Good luck, tough-guy...

Brandon

Yes, good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
Old August 21st, 2008, 06:43 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow thats a tough army to crack.
I'd start with Sonlen. He has a ranged attack, which could help him avoid krug for a bit. His ability to heal is nice, for himself and others. Lastly, his dragon swoop could deal out major damage to the majors. Not to mention, he can do all three in one activation.
Next I'd go with Dead eye Dan. Awesome range, good for putting on the wounds with the ullar enhanced special, no def. Who knows, maybe a lucky insta-kill, that could change the whole game.

Sentinels of Jandar. Their double sheilds give them staying power and may even keep them in the fight long enough to drop krug. If you've got 2 units of these guys I'd go that way, but you didn't mention them as one of your multiples, so I'll asume not.
I'd go with the krav next. These guys could can and will give the Q brothers fits.
I'm kind of stuck on what to do with the last 70 points so just throw the 4th mass. in there.

So that gives you:
Sonlen 160
Dead Eye 60
Sentinels 110
Krav 100
4th mass. 70

Kind of a weird hodge podge army, but with little multiple commons it makes the task harder. However, given your friends high concentration of expensive heros, this may just work. Just remember to send it out in waves, and not spread your order markers out too much.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:12 PM

gman has disabled reputation

this might be a little late, but i would go with:
Taelord-180
Warden816-90
Zettian Guards-70
Finn-80
Eldgrim-30
Marro Warriors-50

I like this army because you send finn and eldgrim out first and kill a couple than die, you can put them on the zettian guards, who now have 3 atk and 5 move. if you add in warden816s guard bonus they have 6 move. than you pair em up with Taelord and get them on elevation and BOOM! you have two 5 atk 7 def 7 range guys! plus if you atk the same fig with both, the second has 6 atk. with those two you wait for the majors to come over. if they don't, you can always just **** your opponent off with the marros and water clone un till he/she decides to get their butt over there into the zettians. My 500 point army!!!!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion