Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 27th, 2008, 01:53 PM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart
Gurei-Oni Based 500 Army

Gurei-Oni - 100
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Syvarris - 100
Raelin - 80

Is the core of the army at 380 points. For a recent tournament, I am tempted to throw the AE and Isamu in there to round it off to 500, so total army would be

Gurei-Oni - 100
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Syvarris - 100
Raelin - 80
Airborne Elite - 110
Isamu - 10
500 points

What do you think? Looks like a healthy mix of defense and ranged attack...
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gurei-Oni Based 500 Army

Looks like a promising core. I've been looking for ways to use Gurei-Oni but haven't come up with much so far. Having Raelin-backed Krav and Syvarris is a strong "come and get me" that could allow Gurei-Oni to really shine.

Nevertheless, with so many uniques, order markers could be a problem. I wonder if that last 120 points could be spent on melee squads. Here are a few options to try:

Venoc Vipers x3: Without Mittens they won't be as speedy as they could, but they still could soften up your opponent's forces.

Warriors of Ashra x2 + Fillers: You're not going to get much better melee protection than Defensive Agility.

Deathreavers x3: 'Nuff said.

Or if you want to stay with uniques, here are some other things to try:

Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Samurai
Zetacron + Izumi Samurai
Krug

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Problem with G-O armies is no one would ever risk evil eye def.
I think you need some strong melee in that army too.

Syvaris
Raelin
G-O
Kaemon Awa
WOA x2

Have the WoA and G-O act as a human wall and shoot down whatever gets too close.
I am definitely going to try this when I get my secod pack of Warriors and Soulborgs.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome

Last edited by temp.nerd; July 27th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

That is quite a few cards for a 380 point army and like Clarissimus said that could be a real problem for you. So I think that your order markers will be hard to manage with that many cards. Also I have found G-O to frail to base an army around or have him be a big part of it. So it is definitely tricky to find a good spot for him in any army.
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM

Whitearrow knows what's in an order marker Whitearrow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehammer View Post

Gurei-Oni - 100
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Syvarris - 100
Raelin - 80
Airborne Elite - 110
Isamu - 10
500 points
The only thing that I would consider changing would be to add some sort of samauri to the army for a strong melee defense. Although I have no idea how they would be added. My best guess is for Syvarris to be taken out for the Izumi and 50 other points.
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:10 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

OK, I have a decent army:

G-O 100
Minions x3 330
Zetian Guards 70

Have G-O charge to battle with the minions while the zetians remain on good height.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old July 27th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Gurei-Oni 100
Warden 816 90
Zettian Guards 70
Reavers x2 80
DW9000 140
Marcu 20

Looks like a fun army!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:08 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Hasn't anyone considered putting Thorgrim and Raelin with him?

P.S. What up, B?

Last edited by soberman; July 27th, 2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:13 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
Gurei-Oni 100
Warden 816 90
Zettian Guards 70
Raelin 80
DW9000 140
Marcu 20

Looks like a fun army!
Fixed.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Gurei Oni can make a nice addition to the already vicious Q9/Raelin/KMA/Rat army for 500. Seriously, he adds some melee punch without making your enemy's ranged target choices any better. Guido posted an essentially similar army here, with Eldgrim and Isamu in place of the Rats.

~Aldin, frustrated in actual play by Gurei-Oni's fragility

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:19 AM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

~Aldin, frustrated in actual play by Gurei-Oni's fragility
I could not agree more with this statement. I want to love him so much but he makes it so dang hard!
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

I don't think I'd base an army around Gurei-Oni. If he had a ranged attack, he might be useful, but he suffers from the same problem that RotV Drake did. He has to engage his opponents to use his attacks, and then he's vulnerable. But he might even be worse because his attack is lower and he's double-based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion