Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:38 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
A welcoming map. (Pictures of the battle in page 3)

My brother will be joining me and my wife here in 5 days. He has never played Heroscape before. In fact he has never held any Heroscape item before. But we do talk a lot about it and I showed him some pictures of the figures. His impression is pretty good about how the game is played and how pretty the figures are. But I don't think he has any idea how big this game can be. So, to show him how big the game can be literally, I have built the biggest map I have ever built.
It consists of almost all of my opened terrain sets, except Lava and 1 set of Swam of the Marro. I have used 3 Master set 1, 1 Swam of the Marro, 1 Jungle, 1 Tundra, 3 Roads and 2 Castles. I have to use water from 4 Master sets 1 and 2 Swam of Marro. It fills the biggest table at our house, therefore I can not make it bigger. I built it, then recorded it into VirtualScape. I will put figures on this map to make an epic battle between Utgar and everyone else. I will have to do that the day he arrives though because our cats may chew the spear of a Templar AGAIN. But I will take picture and post here.
Update: More pictures of the real map are here in page 2!
More pictures of the battle are here in page 3!

Building Instruction.

I hope that you can see the double waterfall that starts from the pure snow and ice and runs to a big river. There are overhangs and a very low cave that fills with water from the waterfall in the mountain area. There is a well inside the two-door castle.

As you can see, this map has 4 major areas, and I tried to make them all playable (balance-wise). We can play on the grass area, the swamp area, the mountain area and the castle. We can also play across grass and swamp area or play a defending-castle game where one person defenses 2 attackers. Those are 6 games right there. We can also play get-the-glyph type of game. The ruins can be rearranged anyway we want. I hope I can first make a strong impression about the size of the game for my brother, and then show him the complexity, the variety, the creativity and the fun of the game. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks a lot for stopping by!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Last edited by LongHeroscaper; August 24th, 2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Update.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Re: A welcoming map.

Awesome map! Although I fear it might be a bit complicated for someone who has never played before, but it still looks fun. Let us know how it turns out.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Well done! Looking forward to seeing the real thing. If your brother isn't impressed by your map, he is a hard man to impress!
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:48 PM

Silver Surfer: I will show him the whole thing with all of the figures on it. It's a show case ! Then, I am gonna take them off and let him play his first game on the grass area. There are trees, hills, waters and roads, basically everything a new player needs for the first game.

Cav: The real thing is up on my table right now. I built it, then put it in VirtualScape, which was not an easy thing to do with the map this size. I'll post pictures of the real thing with figures later .

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM

Kamakazi is surprisingly tart

Dude! That map is awesome!
I wish I could afford half of that! I would love to play on that map!
You, my friend, have map making talents. Sorry to hear about the templar by the way. Can't wait to see real pictures.
Kam
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:38 PM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

I like it! Very nicely done on the castle and waterfall. You have a lot more patience that I do!!

Live in the Ohio Valley? Consider Joining OVAH
Snoop dont sow.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 05:16 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Keep us updated, and make sure you have a camera for when his jaw hits the floor!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM

Kamakazi: Half of that is about 1.5 Master Set 1, 0.5 Master set 2, 0.5 Jungle, 1.5 Roads, 0.5 Tundra and 1 Castle. I think you can afford more than that .

Snoop Greyjoy: I like them, too . And yes, it takes time, at least for me to build it, and then put it in VirtualScape. I can't compare myself with other extreme-map builders out there, especially because I don't own that many sets. But now I do understand why building a big map has its attractive part.

Shades fan: I hope my brother will like it, too. He is a better architect than me, so I hope that I can get him to like building map as well <finger cross> .

Thanks for the comments, guys!!

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Great map, the four distinct areas flow together very nicely.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome map, could we maybe get a picture of it set up on the table? Maps always look better in person.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the melting tundra. How it leaks into the swamp/River! +Rep!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!

sumptuous map, Long.
Great way to entice and convert a newbie player!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios