Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 15th, 2008, 07:31 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
400 Points and not a clue.

Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 195
Isamu 205
Airborne Elite x1 315
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 395

This would be my first 400 point army. Stop laughing. Seriously.

Opinions? Suggestions? Flamers welcome.
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:56 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart
Re: 400 Points and not a clue.

Raelin serves zero purpose in this army. She can't keep up with Cyprien and the AE are usually way too spread out so she will only be able to effect 1 of them.
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:00 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 195
Isamu 205
Airborne Elite x1 315

Take out Isamu and Raelin and add Crixus. I'd suggest playing armies with more points.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:13 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pti88888888 View Post
Raelin serves zero purpose in this army. She can't keep up with Cyprien and the AE are usually way too spread out so she will only be able to effect 1 of them.
Raelin never serves zero purpose... though she won't come much closer than this.
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

All of those characters are good units but just don't mesh well together.

Maybe find a cheaper ranged unit (Marrow Warriors come to mind). They have less range but better staying power IMHO as they not only have the same defense but can also clone (basic skill but a useful one in such few points).

I agree that Raelin doesn't serve enough purpose to justify using her in this army.

Cyprian is a good idea (especially in 400 pts) because of his staying power and just power in General. The biggest thing to worry about is an army built around a very large hero or soulbourgs.

It is also possible to get rid of Sonya with such a low point cap. This gives more room to add range or melee or anything else that pops into your head.

If you're dead set on using the Airborne Elites I would suggest something like this:

Cyprian
Airborne Elites
Marro Stingers x2
Isamu and Otanoshi OR Marcu

Hope this helps. And welcome to the site BTW.
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 195
Isamu 205
Airborne Elite x1 315

I would suggest one of these:

Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 45
Airborne Elite 110
Deathreavers x2 80
Isamu or Otonashi 10
Total 395

Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 45
Marro Stingers x3 180
Marcu Esenwein 20
Total 395

Airborne Elite 110
Sacred Band x 2 100
Marcus Decimus 100
Parmenio? 90
Total 400

Try one of these and see how it does.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pti88888888 View Post
I agree. These are some of the units that get the least benefit from Raelin. Also, you need to look at balancing out your attack types.

1-4 attacks Airborne Elite
1-2 attacks Cyprien Esenwein
1 attack Isamu
1 attack Sonya Esenwein
1 attack Raelin the Kyrie Warrior

It seems clear that this army is all about protecting the AE and Cyprien at all costs. They're your only source of multiple attacks, and once they go down, you're stuck with support and filler. At 400 points, I would limit myself to either Sonya or Raelin, not both. This could be a good army with less support and more multiple-attack. Syvarris or the Marro Warriors would be good RotV choices.
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:11 AM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

To be honest I was expecting complete discouragement. This seems to be one of the nicer communities online.

Thanks alot for your help everyone. Can't wait to try all this out tommorrow or so.

EDIT: Btw, where can I find multiple stingers to buy/trade for? Do I have to buy 5x SoTM? Haha...
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:15 AM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
To be honest I was expecting complete discouragement. This seems to be one of the nicer communities online.

Thanks alot for your help everyone. Can't wait to try all this out tommorrow or so.
Me><wk4c

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

EDIT: Btw, where can I find multiple stingers to buy/trade for? Do I have to buy 5x SoTM? Haha...
Nah, Stingers are cheap as dirt right now. Since there are 2x Stingers per Swarm of the Marro, and since many of us are buying many master sets for terrain, there are a lot of spares floating around out there. Both eBay or our own Heroscapers trading thread should have many. This looks like a decent price, for instance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion