Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 12th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Sureno214 is surprisingly tart
Question best marro 520

I am new and need some help please, I am having some trouble finding the best marro army, could someone help me? the point cap is 520.

have all sets wave 1-8 except ticalla and aquillas

Coolest pic ever by Llamaclown

Good Trades : OverEngineered
Old July 12th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Re: best marro 520

Tor-Kul-Na - 220
Marrden Nagrubs x2 - 280
Stingers x4 - 520

It's pretty simple. Go after your heavy hitters and anti-ranged units with Tor-Kul-Na and the nagrubs, and pick off your opponents from height with your Stingers. Two sets of Nagrubs should be enough for only one hivelord (Tor-Kul-Na), and 4 sets of stingers are more than enough to get the job done.
Old July 12th, 2008, 05:02 PM

Sureno214 is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: best marro 520

I was thinking of 2x marro stingers and 3x marro drones 1x hive and 1x marrowarrior 1xdeathreavers
any other suggestions?

Coolest pic ever by Llamaclown

Good Trades : OverEngineered
Old July 12th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Su-Bak-Na - 160
Marrden Nagrubs x2 - 220
Marrden Hounds x2 - 400
Marro Stingers x2 - 520

Su-Bak-Na's Hive Supremacy helps the Marrden Hounds' Wild Pack Movement, making it a 75% of them having 8 Move each turn. Also, their Marro Plague is boosted to a 30% chance of success, which can be helpful at times. The Marro Stingers' Stinger Drain is also boosted by Su-Bak-Na's Hive Supremacy, and this increases their chances of success on Stinger Drain to 60%.

Go after your opponent's non-soulborg units that are in clumps with your Marrden Hounds, with the chance to plague and attack them every turn. Always try to engage yourself with as many of your opponents figures each turn in order to maximize the Marro Plague's potential. Move your Marro Stingers forward if you need some ranged support, or Su-Bak-Na if your opponent has a heavy hitter that you are having trouble with. Don't feel obligated to keep Su-Bak-Na around for the entire game just for her Hive Supremacy bonus, since it's not a make-or-break aspect of the army.

If playing with glyphs, the Marrden Hounds make great Glyph grabbbers with their potential move of 8, and their defense of 5. Though, since they cost 30 points a piece, they may not be as expendable. With two sets of the Marrden Nagrubs, you can always use a squad of these dirt cheap units to grab glyphs, while simultaneously advancing Su-Bak-Na.

All in all, this army is great. You have a heavy hitter who bonds with a decent glyph grabbing, opponent tieing unit, fast moving units who can destroy your opponents squad figures and melee units, and one of the, if not THE, most powerful ranged unit in the game for backup. Not to mention, it fits the 520 point cap perfectly, and follows the Marro theme perfectly.

Last edited by Gomolka; July 12th, 2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

If you're going to use a lot of Marro squads you're always best going with the Marro Hive.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:35 PM

Gdawg4 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
If you're going to use a lot of Marro squads you're always best going with the Marro Hive.

R~
I don't agree, the hive is far to easy to kill and usually never rebirths anywhere near 160 poins. Most Marro squads (especaly the stingers) are far more efficent without the hive in my opinion.
Just my
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdawg4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post

R~
I don't agree, the hive is far to easy to kill and usually never rebirths anywhere near 160 poins. Most Marro squads (especaly the stingers) are far more efficent without the hive in my opinion.
Just my
Guess it depends on map more than anything. On a large map getting to the Hive is a labor and you easily get your points out of it. On a very small tourney map probably not.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:29 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm still up in the air about the Hive. On smaller maps, it's range limitation is negated somewhat, but that means your opponent is more likely to get over there and destroy it.

But on larger maps, the fight is usually much further than 12 spaces away, so it's easy to end up wasting an activation.

I know OP said he doesn't have Aquilla's Alliance, but here's a 515 point Marro Army I was able to play today:

Ne-Gok-Sa - 90
Me-Burq-Sa - 50
Wo-Sa-Ga - 185
Marrden Nagrubs X2 - 60
Marro Stingers X2 - 120
Marro Warriors - 50

You could remove Wo-Sa-Ga, and add in a squad of Nagrubs and Su-Bak-Na and I think that would do pretty well.

Old July 13th, 2008, 07:55 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

I played this army yesterday, and I think it is pretty decent:

Wo-Sa-Ga 135
Nagrubs x2 60
Stingers x5 300
Marcu 20
for a total of 515.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old July 13th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
I played this army yesterday, and I think it is pretty decent:

Wo-Sa-Ga 135
Nagrubs x2 60
Stingers x5 300
Marcu 20
for a total of 515.
He said he dosn't have Aquilla's.

Here is a army my cousin uses. It's fun to play with.

x4 Marrden Nagrubs 120
Su-Bak-Na 160
x4 stingers 240
total: 520 points

Here is one I have played with in a friend tournement. It came in 7th out of 16.
It is also fun to play with. It was 500 points but I can get 20 extra points.

x2 Grok Riders 260
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
x1 Marro drones 50
x1 marro warriors 50
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Otonashi 10
Isamu 10
total:520 points

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; July 13th, 2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old July 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317

Here is a army my cousin uses. It's fun to play with.

x4 Marrden Nagrubs 120
Su-Bak-Na 160
x4 stingers 240
total: 520 points
Four sets of Nagrubs for such a fragile unit such as Su-Bak-Na could turn out to be a total waste. Su-Bak-Na could easily go down in one turn by a few unlucky rolls from ranged attack. For Su-Bak-Na, I would say no more than two sets of Nagrubs, since I doubt you will be able to recover more than 3 wounds per game, and the extra set always comes in handy for glyph grabbing, unit tieing, or even attacking. I would make it x2 Marrden Nagrubs, and x5 Stingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317
Here is one I have played with in a friend tournement. It came in 7th out of 16.
It is also fun to play with. It was 500 points but I can get 20 extra points.

x2 Grok Riders 260
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
x1 Marro drones 50
x1 marro warriors 50
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Otonashi 10
Isamu 10
total:520 points
A single set of Marro Drones is pretty pointless, since they are best used when you have 4-5 sets or more. The Grok Riders/MBS+NGS is a solid 400 points of melee-strength, and some ranged assault from MBS, but it's still missing some more range. I'd take out the Marro Drones, Marro Warriors, Otonashi and Isamu, and replace them with 2x Stingers. Your army now looks like:

Groks x2 - 260
MBS - 310
NGS - 400
Stingers x2 - 520

It's much simpler, requires less order marker management, but is much stronger, in my opinion.
Old July 13th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Sisyphus knows what's in an order marker Sisyphus knows what's in an order marker Sisyphus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
Tor-Kul-Na - 220
Marrden Nagrubs x2 - 280
Stingers x4 - 520

It's pretty simple. Go after your heavy hitters and anti-ranged units with Tor-Kul-Na and the nagrubs, and pick off your opponents from height with your Stingers. Two sets of Nagrubs should be enough for only one hivelord (Tor-Kul-Na), and 4 sets of stingers are more than enough to get the job done.
I don't think it tops that one but I like...

300 = Marro Stingers(5x)
160 = Su-Bak-Na
060 = Nagrubs(2x)
-----

This is good if you like rolling for Stinger Drain a lot. Also Q9 doesn't stand a chance.

Edit: I just noticed Iceman already posted a very similar army.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion