Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:58 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Heroscape on a Console?

It would be fricken AWESOME. Heroscape, my favorite board game, on a console!?!?!?!? Would you buy it?
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
this has been discussed.

Check out the game called Wrath Unleashed. Its the closest you will ever get to Console HS. Ever. It's available on PS2 and Xbox, so if you don't have ither of those systems, i guess you are SOL.

(a SOL smiley would be fun......)
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:53 PM

KeeperOfPeace has disabled reputation
I think it would be awesome. However, it would have to have good game mechanics or it would be a complete waste of money.

And I will check out that game K/h.

<><
Old July 22nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
has been BANNED

no. HS on a console would not work at all. There would have to be a way to update the game with all the expansions ETC.

My idea: make it a handheld game. Give it a built-in memory of some sort. Sell expansion cartridges with all expansions, upload the cartridges to the memory and play away. If they were to do this, they would have a reason to mass-re-release wave 1. I have seen wave 1 a total of once since they stopped selling it at the release of wave 2. If they put it on a disc, they would have to sell expansion discs, which is good for them, because they have more products to sell, but bad for us because we dont all have money for expansion packs and discs.

They could sell the handheld for like $25-30, and re-sell the expansion with the cartridges for like 15 rather than the game for 50 like all new console games and expansion discs for 20 or 30.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 06:46 PM

Nightmare has disabled reputation
I think they could make it. You would have to play as a certain army, such as Utgar, Jandar, Ullar, Einar, or Vydar, and as you play you unlock more characters for each army. Each system could have its own exclusive characters to unlock(ie Nintendo Wii has Samus Aran, Link, Mario, and others, XBOX 360 would have Master Chief, and others except I don't know who else since I don't have a 360, and PS3 could have Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Clank... who knows.). And maybe each game would come with exclusive figures of those exclusive unlockables. They've done it before, with Soul Calibur II... the GameCube version had Link as a playable character.
Well anyway... I think it would be awesome.
Becuase I am DYING for a Samus Aran figure.

2006 Sets Accomplishment Bars:
ZANAFOR'S DISCOVERY[I, II, III, IV/IV] THAELNEK TUNDRA[/I] RAKNAR'S VISION[I/I], FORTRESS OF THE ARCHKYRIE[I/I], THORA'S VENGEANCE [I, II, III, IV/IV], SIR HAWTHORNE'S ARRIVAL [I/I], CREST OF THE VALKYRIE [/V]
Old July 22nd, 2006, 07:25 PM
has been BANNED

personally, i highly doubt they will ever franchise into video games, but with MarvelScape, no one can really tell until it happens. Personally, i am opposed to the intoduction of suoerheroes, and will be even more opposed to the introduction if video game characters (yes, even KH characters).
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:42 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
It would work. Just put all the current figurines and add a custom feature. Voila!
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:05 PM
has been BANNED

no, it wouldnt work. Sure, they could put in all the current figs, but what about future releases? Nobody knows whats coming out in a year! The only possible way to keep current with the board game and the console game would be to buy the packs and expansion discs. The wouldn't sell the discs with the pack, because that would make too much sense. If they sold them both separately, they would get at leat twice the income.

It wont work, so don't get too excited
Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:04 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
So, here's a question...

Could a member of HSers.com make the game without getting his/her pants sued off?

I think you might be able to, except you would have to remove all of the 'flava' (technical term for copyrighted works). All the game mechanics and terrain and abilities and units would be there, but Drake would be renamed to 'Soldier with sword' and his in game model would look a bit different.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:33 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape on a Console?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer
Would you buy it?
No.

If I wanted to play a fantasy style video game, there are plenty out there. And I don't think the board game would translate well into a video game. There are certain elements of the imagination which video games can never recreate or bring to light within our minds while playing a console version of the game. Also, there are certain elements of interaction between players that cannot take place while focusing on a screen in front of them.

That's not to say that the Heroscape world cannot be made into a video game. But again, as mentioned above, the experience would be completely different, and not one I'd be at all interested in.

.:: .H3X. | Click here to check out bloggy goodness! :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 23rd, 2006, 10:27 AM
has been BANNED

i agree with hextrip. I'd rent it, but i wouldn't immediately go buy it like i did KH2.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:13 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
this has been discussed.

Check out the game called Wrath Unleashed. Its the closest you will ever get to Console HS. Ever. It's available on PS2 and Xbox, so if you don't have ither of those systems, i guess you are SOL.

(a SOL smiley would be fun......)
Wrath Unleashed, in my opinion, really sucks. The prequel to it, which was released on the original Playstation (think it was called unholy war) also sucked big time. It had hexes, it had variety of creatures, but the gameplay was very poor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion