Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Question about mind link

I have a question about Ulginesh. I searched the forum for "mind link" and I'm pretty sure this question hasn't been posted before. Okay, so I was thinking about Ulginesh's mind link ability which says that instead of taking a turn with him, you may instead take a turn with any two elf wizards you control within 6 clear sight spaces. So what if you have a setup where you need to use say Chardris and Emirroon, Chardris is 7 spaces away and Emirroon is 6. Ulginesh cannot affect Chardris but you can take a turn with Emirroon. So moving Emirroon and then trying to summon, you roll enough so that you can summon an elf. Can you then summon Ulginesh next to Emirroon who is also close to Chardris, so that Ulginesh is now able to affect Chardris, or do you have to be within range of both elf wizards before taking a turn with any of them? Thanks!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker
Re: Question about mind link

The only stipulation on the card is that the figure moving must be within in range before it moves, so I would say that it would work.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away menís hope.

Old July 7th, 2008, 04:38 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

Ulginesh's Mind Link ability ends with: "Any wizard that is taking a turn instead of Ulginesh must be within 6 clear sight spaces of Ulginesh before moving." as SpartanNinja has stated.

It also does not say which order the figures have to be moved so the summoned figure could move second and thus fall under this stipulation, so I would agree with SpartanNinja and say that this is legal.

Another option would be on Emiroon's turn that replaces Ulginesh's, Emiroon could summon Ulginesh to get Ulginesh closer to the other elf (in this case Chardris).

Great question!

SPECIAL THANKS TO: oni, tppytel
My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Can't find it? Try the Index
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Jandarforever,

As long as Ulginesh in in range at the time of activation he can make it happen. This is true for Ornak as well, who can be carried by Brunak to be in range of a unit for a second activation.

~Aldin, doubling up

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

So I can either summon a wizard into range of Ulginesh's mind link, or summon Ulginesh himself to be in range of the wizard. Sweet! Thanks guys!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Jandar, I'm going to add this discussion to Ulginesh's book. I think its a good one.
Old July 8th, 2008, 02:27 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My girlfriend does this quite often and it's never seemed outside the rules to me.
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:16 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
My girlfriend does this quite often and it's never seemed outside the rules to me.
Yeah.... I don't know if that's a barometer I'd use personally....

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19227
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Yeah.... I don't know if that's a barometer I'd use personally....

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19227

Rep+ when I reload.
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

Quote:
i wish i could find a girl who will play heroscape with me...
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:24 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Quote:
i wish i could find a girl who will play heroscape with me...
It's a beautiful thing. My wife even suggested it the other night...

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:14 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz1597 View Post
It's a beautiful thing. My wife even suggested it the other night...

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's