Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Kato Katsuro - what's your army idea?

Now that Truth has even more anticipatory juices pumping with his blog post revealing(confirming) Kato Katsuro's card ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=250 ) I'm eager to see everyone's ideas for 400-600 point armies involving him. I'll go first with a blatantly obvious 500 point army:

Kato Katsuro 200
2xAshigaru Harqs 120
2xAshigaru Yaris 80
Kozuke Samurai 100

Do I love the idea of activating EIGHT figs in a single turn without needing a SuBakNa boosted D20 roll? Yes, yes I do

So what Daimyoish thoughts have been percolating through YOUR mind?

~Aldin, under command

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Kato Katsuro - what's your army idea?

What about:

Kato-200
3xAshigaru Harqs-180
3xAshigaru Yaris-120
=500

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
What about:

Kato-200
3xAshigaru Harqs-180
3xAshigaru Yaris-120
=500
You won't get much better (or simpler) than this.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I kind of like the idea of this one:

Kato Katsuro 200
Izumi Samurai 260
2x Ashigaru Yari 340
2x Ashigaru Harquebus 460
Theracus 500

Put him in a good spot, and let him do his thing: sit there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Kato-200
3xYari-120
Kaemon Awa-120
Izumi-60
or
Kato-200
3xHarquebus-180
Kaemon Awa-120
or
Kato-200
3xYari-120
Major Q9-180
I will come up with some more soon!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
What about:

Kato-200
3xAshigaru Harqs-180
3xAshigaru Yaris-120
=500
Yea I remember thinking about this one as well. It would be the most fun to try out in the beginning. Although with a "norm" of 24 starting spaces you'll have to lose one of the yari for it to work. Not a big deal but still. Also, you better hope that your opponent doesn't have the AE that will drop on the first turn and grenade the crap out of your entire army. Heck, the Deathwalkers could earn back their pts very quickly against that army.

It still looks like a fun army and I look forward to using it.

I hope sometime they come up with samurai bodyguards that have an ability to jump in front of a shot for samurai heroes like kato. Sort of like the nakita agents, except one of the bodyguards die if they succeed at stopping the attack. 4-figure squad with hardly any attack. Similar to Izumi but they need that bodyguard ability. Could be cool, would be great for Kato.
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:56 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Kato-200
3xYari-120
Kaemon Awa-120
Izumi-60
or
Kato-200
3xHarquebus-180
Kaemon Awa-120
or
Kato-200
3xYari-120
Major Q9-180
It would be pointless to draft either the Yari or Harquebus without the other, since Kato's ability only works with one squad of each at a time. I think the Kato, 3x Yari and 3x Harbeques is probably the simplest and most effective 500 point army. Better and more diverse armies will only come with higher point limits.
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
Quote:
Kato-200
3xYari-120
Kaemon Awa-120
Izumi-60
or
Kato-200
3xHarquebus-180
Kaemon Awa-120
or
Kato-200
3xYari-120
Major Q9-180
It would be pointless to draft either the Yari or Harquebus without the other, since Kato's ability only works with one squad of each at a time. I think the Kato, 3x Yari and 3x Harbeques is probably the simplest and most effective 500 point army. Better and more diverse armies will only come with higher point limits.
It says "and/or" in the text,personally I don't really need to move both in the army,yes it is a plus,but you don't have to move both,you can choose just one to move!

Old May 5th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Here is one for 600

Kato-200
Awa-120
2xHarquebus-120
2xYari-80
Raelin-80
=600
I can see this army being very fun to play. First get Raelin and Kato in position. Then send out the Ashigaru and leave Awa for a second wave and then Kato and Raelin for cleanup.
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifier_Ace View Post
Here is one for 600

Kato-200
Awa-120
2xHarquebus-120
2xYari-80
Raelin-80
=600
I can see this army being very fun to play. First get Raelin and Kato in position. Then send out the Ashigaru and leave Awa for a second wave and then Kato and Raelin for cleanup.
Welcome to the site,you have a decent army there,and i could see it working!

Old May 5th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I kind of like the idea of this one:

Kato Katsuro 200
Izumi Samurai 260
2x Ashigaru Yari 340
2x Ashigaru Harquebus 460
Theracus 500

Put him in a good spot, and let him do his thing: sit there.
That's a cool choice.

The base Kato army will be
Kato 200
2X Yari
2X Harquebus

That's 400 already.

I believe that he is optimized with the use of the ashigarus so for a 500 army I would just add another squad of Yari and another of Harquebus like some wrote already. However, it might end up being borring so you can play with the other 100 with alternatives like the foolowing:

Syvarris 100
Gurei-Oni 100
Agen Carr 100
Kosuke Samurai 100
Krav Maga Agents 100
Crixus 90 + Isamu 10 = 100
Warden 816 90 + Isamu = 100
Raelin 80....
Deathreavers X 2 = 80, etc.

The possibilities are mutiple....

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifier_Ace View Post
Here is one for 600

Kato-200
Awa-120
2xHarquebus-120
2xYari-80
Raelin-80
=600
Welcome to the site,you have a decent army there,and i could see it working!
Thanks Shades fan. I have actually been a reader of the forums since mid 07. So I finally signed up. It sure took long enough!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion