Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2008, 01:17 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun
Heroscape is ALIVE! [Wave 8 False Alarm]

EDIT: Don't read this. I am a moron.

I know I haven't been around long enough to have built any credibility, but -- I kid you not -- I walked into a target this morning and found all four WAVE EIGHT figure packs -- one of each. I bought them faster than you can say "involuntary self-urination".

I'm a 44-year-old I.T. professional who tries to remain, well, professional, but I have to admit I feel as giddy as a 12-year-old right now. These sculpts are freaking awesome. I normally care a lot more about the historic military figures and less about the fantasy monsters, but I have to say that all four packs are gorgeous. Just unbelievably compelling.

Interesting tidbits: (1) The back of the box pushes the RotV master set, not the SotM set as I would have expected. (2) There is not a "collection 8" stripe on the package. From marketing conversations we had back in my days in the CCG industry, I assume they have decided that "collection 8" sends a message to new players that "you are far behind". I would guess that we will not see the wave mentioned on any future packages.

This was on the way to work, but when I get home I will try to post some pictures so you will know (or at least can hope) that I am not a dirty lying tormentor. I went to three different Targets (and my wife went to a fourth) with my sheet of UPC codes to scan, and none of the other Targets had any hint of Wave 8.

Did I mention that the sculpts are freaking awesome?

EDIT: Don't read this. I am a moron who can't tell the difference between Wave 8 and Wave 2. I throw myself on the mercy of the court for making everyone's pulse race for no reason. Freakin' stupid n00bs.
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?

The elves... I must know, how many are wizards? archmages? The elf in the hero pack, is he Ullar or Utgar?

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Talyn knows what's in an order marker Talyn knows what's in an order marker Talyn knows what's in an order marker
yeah seriously need pics man... wow. What kind of terrain did they come with? What state are you in?

Old January 11th, 2008, 01:27 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_stalker

The elves... I must know, how many are wizards? archmages? The elf in the hero pack, is he Ullar or Utgar?
You guys are going to hate me ... I'm at work and the figures are at home. I can't check any of that stuff until this evening -- but at least I'm in the Eastern time zone.

I've only been playing Heroscape since Christmas day, so I'm not yet deeply immersed enough to immediately notice things like factions and stats. I was just so shocked to actually see them, and then immediately panicked and started driving to every Target I could to see if there were more. I really only had time to marvel at the aesthetics of the figures.

I will definitely spoil some details when I get home tonight.
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but do the packs look anything like one of these?

http://www.housemousegames.com/mapr.html
http://www.housemousegames.com/utgarsrage.html
http://www.housemousegames.com/jandarsoath2.html
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn
yeah seriously need pics man... wow. What kind of terrain did they come with?
Uh ... I remember at least one of the packs had two double sands. I didn't notice any snow or lava -- those would have caught my attention. With the strong Marro presence in these packs I'm hoping for a little swamp, myself. There's only one SotM set in my house and it belongs to my daughter, who is somewhat protective (understandably so, since she bought it with her own money).
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
I just have to say this and don't be upset, but are you SURE it's wave 8 and not an older wave? I don't want to start getting my, and everyone elses, hopes up for a false alarm.

If it is though, what a shocker...
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Indeed, I'm hoping this is the real deal.
And if so, can I get my hands on them any time soon.
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
I am the stupidest man alive.

I am so sorry.

Apparently I just lucked onto a set of Wave 2.

I am so sorry.

Old January 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Hehe no problem. We still like you

DWARVES!
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:34 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmartinson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie

I am so sorry.

Apparently I just lucked onto a set of Wave 2.

I am so sorry.

It's all good man. It sounded to good to be true. Therefore it was.
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro knows what's in an order marker mrbistro knows what's in an order marker mrbistro knows what's in an order marker
These things happen. I'll lock this just to keep the freak-outs to a minimum. We still appreciate the intent Just_a_Bill. The good news for you is that Wave 2 is awesome, and a great addition to any 'Scaper's collection.

Last edited by mrbistro; August 29th, 2008 at 10:25 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News