Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old July 21st, 2006, 05:53 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Report from Oogie - Interview with Craig!

ODB called me with some notes he took from an interview with Craig at Comic Con.

Here it goes...

Marvel Heroscape
-One box masterset.
-Heroes only. No squads.
-Can be compatable with CHS but NOT RECOMMENDED!

Distribution issues
-Walmart & Target problem (they hold orders in distribution center for a while) it's not like hobbie stores where they order direct.
-2 Heroes + 1 Terrain question: Answered by marketing lady, "We target to kids age 8-12 who want big dragons as opposed to extra trees." Good thing is that Walmart has requested 3 Tundras per box!

Online Support
-Heroscape.com updates are coming soon.
-Craig & Rob posting on Heroscapers.com?...Rob just shrugged...did not want to answer (Oogie feels ther is not a lot of enthusiasm about the internet presence)
-Oogie says, "We miss you guys answering questions about rules." Craig says he has a stack of FAQs from Chris that he will be getting to and we should keep sending questions to Chris (the playtester guy).

Craig's Favorites
-Favorite Hero: Raelin for her versatility (works well in any army).
-Favorite Terrain: Not out yet!!!

Wave 5/Castle
-Oogie got really good pics of wave 5 figures but no cards were out (Craig thought the stats were already on the site and says they should be soon)
-High quality full-page pics of all castle rules & scenarios
-Fortress Door (Destructable Object) 10 life 4 defense with a special:
REINFORCED DEFENSE
When defending against a small or medium figure add 2 automatic shields to roll. When defending against a large or huge figure add 1 automatic shield to roll. (not verbatim)
-There are 6 castle sets in the big picture.

Other Stuff
-Will there be big news at GenCon? "YES!"
-Einar Dragon or Elephant? "There are plans for specific individual army growth. Did you hear the rumor? No? Ha Ha Ha Ha, it hasn't reached Heroscapers.com yet."
-Advanced rules? Looking into it.
-Hasbro UK? Expect a big push here, especially with Marvel Heroscape.
-Ke-Mo-Shi soon? Yes!
-Is Craig involved with developing Ke-Mo-Shi? YES, out of all the entries he thought she would work extremely well with the Marrow.
-Hahnarama, sorry the line for the signature you wanted was 45 minutes long

Craig's Appreciation
Oogie got a chance to chat with craig for a while and says that he is "super cool". He said thanks to all you hardcore gamers who are the best advertisement (Heroscapers.com). "Thank you for your support and passion."

Oogie will be calling me back with some follow up questions he will be getting answers to (like Craig's involvement in the Marvel line).
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:00 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
KICK ASS allskulls!

If i could, i would tank you and Oog Firts hand, but unfortunately i can't so, THANKS GUYS!

i swear i was soo close to pissing my self when i read the bit about castles. I hope OOg can get back to us soon with the pics of the rules!

CASTL I NEED! MUST HAVE CASTLES!
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:01 PM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
Awsome Stuff, THANKS!!!
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:03 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Report from Oogie - Interview with Craig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Distribution issues
-Walmart & Target problem (they hold orders in distribution center for a while) it's not like hobbie stores where they order direct.
-2 Heroes + 1 Terrain question: Answered by marketing lady, "We target to kids age 8-12 who want big dragons as opposed to extra trees." Good thing is that Walmart has requested 3 Tundras per box!
Dammit! They're still not getting it. Target away, miss again, morons!
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:09 PM
Grindmaster

ninth- Yeah, if only I told you what Oogie told me not to write. They are way off with the target market but it seems Walmart has some sense.
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:19 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Any idea as to when ODB will be back in. I look forward to seeing what he does up for a front page post, pictures and all. Also excited we get big news in GenCon.
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:23 PM
Grindmaster

He will be back tonight but he says he won't be posting here till Monday (I'll try to persuade him to at least send some pics). He says he may go again tomorrow. If he does, I'll be rolling with him.
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:25 PM
Grindmaster

Anyone catch Craig's favorite terrain?
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:25 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Excellent teamwork here, with Oog communicating with Skulls like this. Great job, you two!

So much information to look over and respond to...

One item that stood out to me was Craig's response to his favorite terrain set: NOT OUT YET! Really? Those already out are pretty amazing, so it will be interesting to see just what it is Craig is talking about!

Walmart requesting three Tundra's per box is good news. Sounds like they're taking into account the product still left on the shelves (OR) and that which flew off (RttFF) when 2.5 hit. Good for them!

Marketing lady talking about them targeting kids 8-12... well, I think she could have answered a little more intelligently.

Marvel Heroscape sounds to be a stand alone game, which is good news for all the purists and completists: you don't have to taint Valhalla with Superheroes, and you don't need to buy the set to have everything to play the classic HS game.

Looking forward to the Heroscape.com updates... because right now, ANY update is a good update.

Also looking forward to Oog's up close pics of Wave 5 and the castle rules!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:26 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
ninth- Yeah, if only I told you what Oogie told me not to write. They are way off with the target market but it seems Walmart has some sense.
Told you not to write?! Okay, well, that only makes us MORE intrigued, Skulls!

Quote:
Anyone catch Craig's favorite terrain?
That I did. And I really hope his fav terrain is part of the BIG NEWS at GenCon!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:29 PM
Grindmaster

Muhawhawhawhawhaw!
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:30 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Thank you Allskulls, I was hanging on every word. I hope Oog can really give us solid info when he gets back.. now this is the best mood I have been in all day

Edit: I agree with Hex telling us there were other parts, I was so excited and then you turned us down. could you hear the audible ooooohhhh I let otu :P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News