Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
justjohn's Customizations: Armored/Repainted Nilfheim. 05/14

Armored Nilfheim (special thanks to King's Knight for the nail idea!)

I've been wanting to put armor on this guy for a while, and then I saw King's Kight's rhino, and the press on nail armor, and bam, it hit me.

Armor is made of various sized disposable nails, rivets and tethers in putty(wish those had came out a little cleaner). And a nice red-red skin, dingy yellow underbelly, silver armor, gold rivets, brown tethers, bone claws, green eyes, and a wash.

I had planned on taking progress pictures of this guy, but I kind of sped through him once it started coming together.

Dumatef Guards and Viper repaint/reshape for DFW prize table:

Dumatefs: Reshaped them, arms moved around and 2 of them twisted at the torso. Dark gray/green paint base. Brown beards, bone colored teeth and claws. Black wash. Dry brushed the skins with light green. The one of the far left was wet from reboiling when the picture was taken, that's why he's so glossy.

Viper: Twisted him a bit, and bent his arms down and behind him for a more menacing look. Red body, blue eyes, dingy yellow underbelly. Black wash.

Several different angles. I need to touch up the face with some highlights, though. Pretty happy with it overall.

Carr's body. Gun from another car to replace the sword. Parmenio's head (been wanting to use it for a while since the Achilles custom). Cut off the ponytail and puttied the remains. Blue jeans, white shirt, leather duster, boots, and tan skin. Topped it all off with a (too heavy) black wash.

This is a new Jandar Kyrie I made:

Before Painting:

Wings came from Saylind, body from Spartacus, head and arms from this guy:

Had to cut Spartacus' head off at the chin, and carved a neck out of his chin. The new arms almost fit perfectly into the holes left after taking off Spart's arms.

Added wings onto the helm from Thorgrim.

Painted Jandar colors, painted wings white and gave them a gray wash, black wash everywhere else, and there you have it.

I really wanted to make Raelin look more at home with the new Samurai, so I modded a Tagawa Raelin.

Here are some pictures:

Here she is, looking right at home with the samurai:

She was actually pretty easy to do. I cut off the wings on her helmet, and cut the little raised portion off of the front. I cut the end off of her spear, and replaced it with Sgt. Drake's katana, making her spear into a nifty little naginata. The crescent on her helm was made out of pieces of a plastic drinking straw that I layered and glued together. I had this idea after messing around trying to make one out of putty, and I couldn't get it right. Paint job's pretty easy. Tan/orangish armor, purple leggings, neck and arm cloth. Black gaunts, shoulder armor, and helmet, all with black or gold accents. Light tan skin. Dark brown and silver on the naginata. Gold wings with black accents. Went over the whole thing with a light black wash.

Ok, so here are some pictures of the repaints/mods I did as gifts for people at DFW gamesday, as well as the cards’ backside image, which was too wide. 2 of the repaints were previous repaints that I had done that I touched up. I’ll get the cards up in my custom card thread sometime tomorrow.

Agent Dyer, Man of God (RevDyer) and Draku Mathu (InfinityMax)

Chief Noobi Lull (LilNewbie) and Ri-Chi-Na (R˙chean)

Lord Cory IX (Ninthdoc) and Lobo del Toro (Annerios)

Ustess Pimless, Cartographer (UPC) and Sir Hawthorne (Grungebob)

Phyrlan:

Marobus:

Bae Pi

Sacred Granite Guards:

Achilles

I had planned on making my own custom card for this, but Karkadin has already made a pretty good Achilles card, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind you making one of these to use with his card. Who knows if I'll actually finish the card or not. I just really wanted to make an Achilles figure.

All of these have cards coming very, very soon in my custom card thread.

So here are my versions of the Dreadguls (Tarn repaints, and 1 with wings removed):

Here are 2 Syv repaints to be used in a blood archers custom, which use Netherspirit's blood magic special ability, and match the MK paint schemes fairly well:

A wolf repaint:

Mage Knight repaint for my Royal Guard custom:

Here's what the figures originally looked like:

So here are some pictures of based D&D figures, to show size and basing methods, for some customs that can be found in my custom thread.

Here is detail of how I based the Huge Purple Worms for my Cephalapox custom:

Basically 4 glyphs, glued together, with Malechi's custom base image glued on, sides painted heroscape base brown, and a coat of sealant.

And here is Cephalapox facing off against some orcs:

And finally, here is Rajakarn, The Furnace and his Kilnlings. The Kilnlings are much smaller than I though they would be:

Master Set Izumi Samurai repaints. They are going to be used in a Veteran Samurai common squad that I am working on.

an old Mimring repaint/repose:

an "evil" Raelin mod:

Blasticons, from earlier this year, using snipers. I wish I hadn't used gold:

A marro hero a top a Yu-Gi-Oh mammoth skeleton, repainted the both and added some back detail:

A cyborg:

Ki-Mo-Shi mod for CA's contest:

My version of the beast riding marro from HS Journal:

Finally got round to painting an Agent Bale:

smallboxgames.com
Old July 8th, 2006, 02:04 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Nice customs JJ! I especially like the Marro on the Mammoth. I may have to keep an eye out for the elephant. How much was it?

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old July 8th, 2006, 06:11 PM

Widigo has disabled reputation
Those look nice. I like the Mim repaint, the relin is a little off, I like the idea but the horns ae oversized, IMO. The cyborg is awesome, I may have to buy a set of Zettian just to make him. How did you make the Marro spider?

Sorry If I Spell like a Horgle, or Smell like one.
- Slimbo the Silly Shamin
Old July 8th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
The marro spider:

1 Ne-Gok-Sa. I cut of the legs at the pelvis, cut off the arms beneath the shoulder pads.

The arms came off of a MageKnight zomie, cut them off, filed them, and glued them onto NGS' torso.

Then I made the chest plate out of green stuff, let it cure a little bit, then formed it around the chest.

The place where all the legs meet is a lump of putty that i smoothed out to meet with the torso. The legs are arms and legs off of a few MageKnight skeletons, cut them off at the hip and chest, but kept the shoulder/hip bubs attached because they made good joints for the legs to meet the putty hub on the body. The pointed claws are the tips of toothpicks that I cut and filed to fit on the ends of the legs.

The hair is strings of putty put onand smashed down. I dropped this figure when the putty wasn't all of the way dried, and it sort of smashed down one side of her hair, but I didn't feel like fooling with that task again, so I just left it be.

Mixed white and tan and a touch of yellow to make a dingy bone color, and painted all of the flesh/bone that color. Touched all the metal parts with a gold color, and the hair with a light grey. Went over the armor and hair with a black wash, and went over the flesh/bone with a red-brown wash.

smallboxgames.com
Old July 8th, 2006, 06:48 PM

Way to much work, would go into trying to find the figs for me to duplicate. Nice job though. How much putty comes in one batch. What does one batch cost. A batch would be one pack.

Old July 8th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Master Custom Creator

I'm not sure on the ounces, but it comes with a good bit, and depending on brand, between 3-7 bucks a pack.

Oh, and ry, that mammoth was a dollar on the clearance isle at Wal-mart couple of months ago. Not sure on the exact name of it (I don't play/follow ygo, sorry I can't be more help.)

On the raelin, I wanted the horns to be that big, along the lines of the bad guy from Legend.

smallboxgames.com
Old July 8th, 2006, 07:09 PM

I think it is a Graveyard Mammoth, but my cards are still in Alabama so im not sure. 3 $ is not bad. As far as ounces could you do 10 customs with it that each requiared a low amount of it. Also how fast does it dry, i would not want to be carving something and have it dry before i finish.

Old July 10th, 2006, 07:38 PM

Wouldn’t a veteran squad be unique? O well it’s your custom . They look nice, any painting techniques for the layman painter?

Old July 15th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Master Custom Creator

Added a few pictures of figures used in my custom cards, herobased and ready for action.

smallboxgames.com
Old July 15th, 2006, 08:26 PM

Awesome, I like them there wigiler things.
Old July 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Very nice Justjohn, I have been building regular size bases, I have not tried that glyph idea yet. Daddy like :P
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:06 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Would the Purple Worm fit on a 2-space base?
Maybe bleed over a tiny bit, but would it be playable?
Because how does a 4-hex figure move? Have you discussed this BIG effect on that neat custom?

I want it to be playable in case I get 2 of those neat figs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions