Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 7th, 2006, 07:45 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tree Town Open - 2006 October 21 - Iowa/Minnesota/WI/NE/KS

Tree Town Open II

Everyone ready to do battle again ? We’ve started in Fostest City, IA last year… had two more tournaments in Austin, MN earlier this year… Now it’s time to bring it back to Tree Town ( Forest City, Iowa ).

The event will now be held at the Super Bowl . The Super Bowl is located one mile east of Forest City on highway 9 -or- 14 miles west of I-35 / hwy 9 interchange.

Place: The Super Bowl (bowling alley) – Forest City, IA
Date: October 21, 2006
Sign in: 9:30 – 9:50 am
Start 1st round: 10:00 am
Entry fee: $ 5.00
Format: Swiss Style
490-point army
1-hour time limit per round.
Maps – Wolf Swamp Road, Forsaken Waters, Meat Grinder (20/21 hex starting positions on each map) see page 18 for modified maps
TTO Rule: - Any figure adjacent to a tree may roll an additional defense die when being attacked by a non-adjacent figure. ( what did you expect after all your playing in " The Tree Town Open ")

Prizes - Dice Tower, Dice Box, HS Gen-Con Promotional Figure " Sir Hawthorne,Nerak Gen-Con exclusive from 2005 is ( thanks to Crave-2 ), Laminated Heroscape Card signed by Craig VanNess, $50 Gift Certificate from House Mouse ,$20 Gift Certificate from Noble Kight, Custom Painted Sergeant Drake (by Jormi_Boced), Misc Dice assortment including Dice Bag (by Memeriories & Keepsakes), Ninjas and Samurai pack and an Agents and Gladiators pack (thanks to Spider_Poison), Elite Onyx Vipers w/card as well as two expansion ( thanks to DesMoines Group ), Your entry fees will buy several expansions that will be broke apart into squads and all the terrain will again be grouped together for a prize,more to be anounced

Tournament Director: Jormi_Boced

Registration Note: I am having Tournement T-shirts made so I will also need your shirt size when you register (E-mail me: Heroscaperdad@yahoo.com). I need shirt sizes by October 1st to make sure we have them in time for the TTO.
NOTE: I've ordered 48 shirts - everyone that registered and sent me a shirt size willl get one when you show up... I have ordered a few extra for the last minute walk-ins - hopefully everyone will get one.

Keep checking this thread for any additional information and details…. Hope to see you all in October.

RECAPE with pictures of the 2006 TTO at the end of this Thread starting on page 30

First off I want to thank you everyone that came to Forest City to participate in this event. I think everyone showed good sportsmanship and most everyone appeared to be having fun and that was the goal. I mean we all are playing HS how can we not have fun ( well I know some of you didn’t have and skull or shields on your dice and I can sympathies with that ). All those the pitched in and help with various duties before, during , and after the event… Thank You very much I did appreciate all the help.

We had 38 warriors on hand, who drove a total of 4,661 miles or an average 122 miles! The furthest was 387 and 5 of us had to drive just 2 miles

This year’s winner was last years champion, this years reigning Gen-Con championship, and winner of every tournament we have had in Forest City, IA or Austin, MN… Joe (Spider Poison) Knapper. Congratulations Joe, you are a humble champion, and a great help in putting this event together. Thank you, I think I can speak for most everyone; your outstanding play is appreciated by all.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Last edited by Codeman; November 21st, 2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: update page number due to new page format
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:47 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Any will work for me, and the Knappers said they wil make any work for them too, as long as we pick it soon.
Old July 8th, 2006, 09:29 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That sounds good Jormi_Boced, I've been getting a few PMs on dates ...so far most everyone has all dates are open. I've only had one say the 28th will not work. So unless I get some more emails stating other dates will not work I think we can cross the 28th off the list. I am just trying to accomodate the most players I can. In anycase - It looks like if I build it they will come.

We will have a firm date this week as I want to get the room/upstairs booked. More good news I've been getting e-mails from some new players. So if our core group of players shows up we should be well into the 20's as far numbers go.... that would be great! Our room will comfortably hold over 30 players/15 maps... may need buy more master sets if this gets too big

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old July 8th, 2006, 11:03 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That sounds good. It would be cool to get 30 players Well, hopefully we will get a new record number of entrants anyway.
Old July 9th, 2006, 11:04 PM

Hopefully we can pin down a date soon, so that we can set up the who will be attending function on this thread.
Old July 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
I'll be there no matter what day its on.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old July 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Hopefully we can pin down a date soon, so that we can set up the who will be attending function on this thread.
Tuesday afternoon soon enough? After work tomorrow I’ll check this board & PM one more time, and then the plan most likely will be to reserve October 21st at Godfathers. Once I have the 21st confirmed at Godfathers I will come back here, and set up the “ attending function “ on this thread.

Unless I get several negative comments about the 21st or Godfathers has the room booked it will be Saturday October 21, 2006…I promise to have the date confirmed by tomorrow night.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old July 11th, 2006, 04:02 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
I'll *try* to make whatever date is chosen, but late October is really busy for me. Harvest usually takes priority over Heroscape.

Old July 11th, 2006, 06:58 PM

Ok I give up... I've read the registration thread and I've attempted several times insert the Register function... after all this I'm still doing something wrong. How do I put the registration function at the begining of this thread? HELP!

OK I got it now ( 24hrs latter).... You have to go to poll ... then hit options .... you then get 3 sets of boxes, then all you have to do is check the small box infront of the catagory you want to make & hit submit.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:06 AM

deliverymanxas is surprisingly tart
I am thinking that the 14th will be the best date for this...

This way, its early in the month...Football is just getting started...it doesnt really affect harvest...you can finally pan out who is going to be there and who cant make it.

From what Ive gathered-
One person said not on the 28th...
Another said not late in the month...
Lets make it the 14th. This way you can meet everybody that has made some sort of demands this far.

Good idea? Bad?

Edit:
Nevermind, I just now caught the Topic Title...D U H !
Sorry guys.
Old July 12th, 2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverymanxas

This way, its early in the month...Football is just getting started...it doesnt really affect harvest...you can finally pan out who is going to be there and who cant make it.

From what Ive gathered-
Lets make it the 14th. This way you can meet everybody that has made some sort of demands this far.

Good idea? Bad?

Edit:
Sorry guys.
Are you going to come?
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverymanxas

From what Ive gathered-

Good idea? Bad?

Edit:
Sorry guys.
Sorry you had to be a little quicker…. In any case it would of taken more than two people not being able to make the 21st to have changed the date. Again I was just giving everyone a chance to check their schedule so we could have it on a date when the most people could make it. The good news is we have a firm date and a place to play, hopefully I can get some more sponsors, no matter we will have good time – mark it on your calendar!

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events