Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 18th, 2007, 07:25 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
600pts Capture the Flag (pics)

Fairly new to the HS world, mostly a 40K gamer, so forgive the crossover references I tend to make if something doesn't make sense.

My brother and I did a 600pt capture the flag game. I'm sure what we did wasn't original, but being new this is how we went about it.

We had 3 master sets, 2 castles, and one lava expansion on our hands (along with all the terrain pieces that come with the figures).

We both built our own castle and placed all the lava tiles in the center of the board along with all the glyphs we'd be using.

Deployment was anywhere on or within the castle perimeter.

Here are some pics of the board and the armies we both drafted. The only draft rule we used other than 600pts was that at least one of our army cards had to be 175pts or higher.

The only other house rule we used was to place the lava figures on the lava tiles to start (they belonged to neither of us) and they would move in a random direction at the end of each round. We rolled one die and wherever the blank side pointed was the direction that particular figure moved (if the blank was up or down then the figure did not move), and attacked anyone who came within range (if more than one 'enemy' was in range, we rolled a 20 sided die to determine who took the attack).

In the end it was a draw, the closest either of us got to the flag was my brother getting within one space of my flag with Sgt Drake (damn grappling hook), but luckily my Roman Archers were able to take him down with the combine volley special attack (he already had 2 wounds).

After that all my bro had left on the board was the huge robot guy in the pic... Q9. He simply blew away the rest of my guys when I tried to break down the door and since he couldn't climb down the ladder of his own castle or up the ladders of mine there was no way to reach the flag.

My best unit was the Ware Wolves using Raelins defensive aura. They rampaged thru several squads, but were cut down by the massive firepower of Q9, and some very poor rolling with my Dragon yielded less than desired results. After that, I had little to punch thru the castle walls.

The lava unit almost played a huge roll as the random movement took one figure to within one space of my brother's castle door, but the next movement took him away again and then he lumbered into the water and offed himself...

It was a fun game, took us 4 hours after set-up to complete, wasn't the best idea to start at midnight I guess...
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:34 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
Sounds like a good game.

BTW, the robot guy's name is Q9.

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
I knew it was Q something... I'll fix it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports