Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Hasbro and EA agreement

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3-18811885.htm

Quote:
As part of the agreement, EA, the world's largest video game publisher, has exclusive rights to create digital games based on Hasbro's toys and board games. The games will run on consoles, PCs mobile, online and handheld devices.
Doubt we will ever see HS as a PC or console based game, but interesting none the less.
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:19 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm not a fan of EA at all. They force release buggy-half finished games and have shoddy support. I don't buy ANY games that have an EA label on them. I've been actively boycotting their games for a couple of years now. If they released a Heroscape game I would be hard-pressed to pass it up though.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:35 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
I'm not a fan of EA at all. They force release buggy-half finished games and have shoddy support. I don't buy ANY games that have an EA label on them. I've been actively boycotting their games for a couple of years now. If they released a Heroscape game I would be hard-pressed to pass it up though.
Seconded. And now that they have Peter Moore they're really deep in the gaming crapper.

Peter Moore jokes aside, I'd rather not see a Heroscape game at all as opposed to seeing one from EA... but I know I'd still buy it. :P

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I reckon that this will be the usual round of monopolies, tisks, and maybe the odd GI Joe themed game.

I remember someone telling me that he was involved in an "exciting IT-based project with Hasbro; cutting edge stuff, melding boardgames with computer technology." It turned out that he was involved in a Monopoly variant with a glorified calculator in the middle of the board

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
I reckon that this will be the usual round of monopolies, tisks, and maybe the odd GI Joe themed game.

I remember someone telling me that he was involved in an "exciting IT-based project with Hasbro; cutting edge stuff, melding boardgames with computer technology." It turned out that he was involved in a Monopoly variant with a glorified calculator in the middle of the board
Any copywriter would be fired on the spot for using the word "glorified."
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD

I foresee a "Classics" game where they group a bunch of oldie moldies together and sell it.
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:56 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Hasbro and EA agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-18811885.htm

Quote:
As part of the agreement, EA, the world's largest video game publisher, has exclusive rights to create digital games based on Hasbro's toys and board games. The games will run on consoles, PCs mobile, online and handheld devices.
Doubt we will ever see HS as a PC or console based game, but interesting none the less.
A heroscape game is a terrible idea (for hasbro at least) becuase they wouldn't make a heaping amount of money off of it.

I could see a game off of heroscape after it dies.
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:15 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Eh? Since when did they stop making money off of Heroscape?

Either way, EA is perhaps the worst thing that ever happened to videogames. Watching fantastic franchises get consumed, assimilated and destroyed by the EA machine breaks my heart year after year. As a programmer, knowing the conditions that those soulless works of profit are created under is enough that I never intentionally buy their games. I've been tricked a couple times, usually with unsurprising results.
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:24 PM

sgbivens has disabled reputation
My perspect on EA is that they are a company where growth overrides quality. That being said it is unlikely that Heroscape would ever reach the level of popularity necessary for them to mass market millions of units in the manner of "John Madden", "Tiger Woods", et al.
The video game market is overloaded with various fantasy war games. In my mind it is the physicallity (I think that's the correct word) of Heroscape that makes it so appealing: It is the gathering of people, the building of maps, the movement of figures on the map...all these things are what make Heroscape stand out in my opinion. These things tend not to translate as well to the video crowd.
But what do I know? Maybe there is a segment out there who would just as soon play the game against a computer AI on a monitor. I just don't find that so appealing myself.

My four cents,
sb
Quote:
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:24 PM

oni is surprisingly tart
Looking forward to next year's FIFA 08 Heroscape game.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:25 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Eh? Since when did they stop making money off of Heroscape?

Either way, EA is perhaps the worst thing that ever happened to videogames. Watching fantastic franchises get consumed, assimilated and destroyed by the EA machine breaks my heart year after year. As a programmer, knowing the conditions that those soulless works of profit are created under is enough that I never intentionally buy their games. I've been tricked a couple times, usually with unsurprising results.
007 Nightfire was good. so are the battlefield games. That's all I can think of though.
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:26 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbivens
My perspect on EA is that they are a company where growth overrides quality. That being said it is unlikely that Heroscape would ever reach the level of popularity necessary for them to mass market millions of units in the manner of "John Madden", "Tiger Woods", et al.
The video game market is overloaded with various fantasy war games. In my mind it is the physicallity (I think that's the correct word) of Heroscape that makes it so appealing: It is the gathering of people, the building of maps, the movement of figures on the map...all these things are what make Heroscape stand out in my opinion. These things tend not to translate as well to the video crowd.
But what do I know? Maybe there is a segment out there who would just as soon play the game against a computer AI on a monitor. I just don't find that so appealing myself.

My four cents,
sb
Quote:
A game boy or DS game would be fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News