Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
Minimoose38's Marvel Custom Thread

Here are my Marvel Customs!

Old July 18th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I like the concept of Swoop Attack, though I'm not sure how official the wording sounds. I don't have any specific advise for that just now, but it's something to think about.
Move 8 is realllly fast. I realize he's a flier, but is he *that* fast a flier? I'd consider moving him down to 6 or 7 move, as the stealth flying is already going to make him very mobile.
Can you explain what you meant by the Sky High power? I'm really not getting it at all right now.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2007, 06:36 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

Thanks for the quick response IAmBatman.
I guess moving his move down to 7 would be okay. I just said 8 becuase
moving fast is pretty much all Vulture can do.

I tried to make Swoop Attack as simple as possible and as clear as possible. Any other wording suggestions are welcomed.

And the Sky High power is basically he doesn't "land" like other Flyers do.
He stays in the air so melee cant hurt him. You have to blast him out of the air.

Old July 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thats a tough one to word, I know because I have tried it before. The best way that anyone could figure out to word such an ability is with a counter, such as is used with my Roc. Hope this helps.

Old July 18th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38
And the Sky High power is basically he doesn't "land" like other Flyers do.
He stays in the air so melee cant hurt him. You have to blast him out of the air.
If that's the effect you're going for, I'd suggest a few changes. One, adjacent figures should still be able to attack him if they have a ranged attack. What the minimum range should be to hit him, you'll need to decide. On a similar note, Vulture himself only has a range of 1. So by the same reasoning, if he never lands, then he wouldn't be able to attack anyone else either. But designing a figure that "never lands" can cause other problems. For example, grenade attacks like from the Airborne Elite is a non-adjacent attack and allowed by what's stated on Vulture's card. But would Vulture be damaged if the grenade landed on the figure adjacent to him? I think saying he never lands may break some of the mechanics of HS, though it's a neat idea.
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:20 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

Well the game mechanics of the Sky high power wasn't that he didn't land, it was more of a defensive power so that melee guys like Hulk couln't reach him. Him not landing was just my thinking behind it.
Think of it visually like this:
Vulture is standing like any other flying hero.
Enemy Hulk moves up to him.
Vulture flys straight up out of Hulk's reach.
Hulk can't hit him so Hulk attacks a different adjacent guy.
Vulture lands.

Now you are not supossed to physically do this butthat was my thinking behind it. Having an adjacent range unit be able to hit him though would make sense.

EDIT:I might change Sky High to "Vulture cannot be attacked by normal or special attacks with a range of 1. If a figure has Flying or Stealth Flying they are unaffected by Sky High and may attack Vulture normally."

Would that fix it?
Also, what does everyone think on the point cost?

Old July 18th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think the best wording for that might be that
Quote:
Vulture cannot be attacked by normal or special attacks with a range of 1.
That said, I'm iffy on that for several reasons already listed in here, and because I think that other fliers would be able to engage him and Hulk would be able to use his impressive leap to jump up in the air and punch him.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2007, 07:49 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Plus it makes the assumption that he can fly up to avoid any attack in time, regardless of stats or dice rolls. That can be pretty powerful if you can dodge certain attacks with 100% certainty. Not that it's unheard of, though.

When I made my Vulture custom, I ran into the same problem of "what can he really do???". I decided pretty much nothing and made him an 80 point figure. We've play tested him several times and he's just a good filler when you need a few more points to complete your army. I mean, come on...he's just an old man!
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

But ... but ... he has wings! And the vicious power of a vulture! :P

Old July 18th, 2007, 09:41 PM

Okay, he's an old man ... with wings.
Old July 18th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Don't the wings technically give him superstrength too? I thought I read that once. If so, he needs an "S".
But, yeah, he probably doesn't deserve the power level he's got on this card. Maybe instead of sky high, he should have some sort of D20 based evasion power to go with his airborne agility?

Old July 18th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Originally, he could just fly and that was it. Later enhancements to his harness gave him some extra strength, but I don't think it was at "super levels". Nowhere near Spider-Man, for example. I think it made him as strong as a very fit, young man.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations