Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old March 2nd, 2016, 11:08 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Heroscape Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help.

This is freaking sweet...

Now I gotta figure out how I can help to get the Arena of the Planeswalkers Figures/Cards in model form!
Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:38 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Take a look at the HeroScape with HexScape thread for some news about 3D models for Wave 5.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old January 15th, 2017, 07:19 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdowithbeardo View Post
Got Hatamoto added to the mod (can provide links) Not sure if you guys like the quality but I'm not a master when it comes to 3d modelling.
Heres a pic with him next to the others, as I said before I'm only missing Sir Gilbert.

Hey weirdo, these look amazing. Great job on this. I need to watch this project more closely.
Are these modelled or scanned?
2500 polys is a pretty tight budget even for the old days when I dabbled.
3dtotal used to have weekly low poly modelling contests.

I'm just wondering if scaling captures the modelling efficiencies you would use as a modeller.
Old January 15th, 2017, 07:38 PM

Ok I'm becoming interested in trying a character.

This seems like a good guide for what could be achieved at around 3k tris.

https://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=38687
Old January 16th, 2017, 07:37 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

@Ghostship , to answer to you, those are almost all scanned (except Master set 1 and Wave 1 that are from VirtualScape). we used 123DCatch to get the models for HexScape initially.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 21st, 2017, 09:05 PM

I was thinking about modelling.

I certainly not a pro, but this is what is possible by pros at 2500

https://www.madyak.com/potc
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:16 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

That's pretty impressive !

We though about modeling too, but none of us is an expert of it and it looked like a too long process. ^^
How much time do you think it would take to remodel an heroscape figure (let's say a human-like on like, such as Raelin) ?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 6th, 2017, 05:13 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

Modelling is certainly possible, it's just that we're missing so many pieces that scanning using a well designed setup seems the only way to realistically crank out that many meshes in a reasonable time frame, it also allows a division of labor between scanners and the modellers who clean and decimate the scans.

But if you have a particularly favorite piece or wave that is missing and you can provide an accurate rendition of it (including texture), then I will gladly add it to the Steam mod and make you a contributor. Generally for TTS I budget 2 to 3k tris for a common squad member, <4.5k for heroes and large models.
Old July 10th, 2017, 02:52 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

ATTENTION HEROSCAPERS. The Tabletop simulator mod still requires your help, we now have access to at least one model from every army card for everything except for Tagawa Samurai Archers and Shades of Bleakewood.

In order for us to make models for these we need scans of these models using the free Recap 360 software from Autodesk, which can convert a series of photos of a model (taken from multiple angles) into a fully textured 3D model. The process is quite simple once you've got setup requiring a standard digital camera (or smartphone). We can provide full instructions on scanning models for anyone wishing to try.
Old November 20th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just found this.
I'm an avid custom maker
Commenting to save for later. I'll read every post in this thread.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 25th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Purchased! Headed out for a three-day camping trip, but purchased!

Have the base Heroscape workshop item plus 500pt armies plus a map subscribed.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 27th, 2017, 12:26 AM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
ATTENTION HEROSCAPERS. The Tabletop simulator mod still requires your help, we now have access to at least one model from every army card for everything except for Tagawa Samurai Archers and Shades of Bleakewood.

In order for us to make models for these we need scans of these models using the free Recap 360 software from Autodesk, which can convert a series of photos of a model (taken from multiple angles) into a fully textured 3D model. The process is quite simple once you've got setup requiring a standard digital camera (or smartphone). We can provide full instructions on scanning models for anyone wishing to try.
I have access to the samuri archers and shades if you still need them done. I would need the full instructions however.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software