Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old July 10th, 2021, 05:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

Attention ScapeCon attendees (I tagged everyone I could): we're only a few weeks away, so it's high time we had accurate counts of who's playing in what and who's interested in what other games.

Please post most importantly in the Event Sign-Up thread if you haven't already. There are a lot of great events and it would be sad to see any of them need to be cut for lack of entrants. Only like 50% of you have signed up so far; if I have to do this again, I'll remove anyone who's already signed up, so do so if you don't want to be tagged repeatedly. Don't forget 3-Headed Hydra has a thread as well, as does the new VC event on Wednesday night if you'll be there.

Also post in the Other Games thread if anything suits your fancy, or if you have something you're thinking of bringing. I'm sure no one wants to bring along more than they have to, and the sooner we know what we can leave behind the better.

Responses are also needed to the T-Shirt thread; Hotel Rooms in case anyone still needs to share; figures and game you're willing to Trade (and save on shipping!) while at ScapeCon; and, if you'll be there early, help Building Maps.

Oh! And if you have +1s make sure they're signed up, too!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 11th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
We need to finalize menu and commit to number of meals by 7/23 so the hotel can place food orders with its vendors. As we are paying for everything on a per meal basis, there will be no refunds after 7/23. The hotel has held the food prices quoted to us in April, despite the rampant price inflation on food items over the past few months. Final call for anyone with dietary restrictions to pm me that information.
T-shirts will be ordered next week (the logos have been sent to the company and the dies (or whatever they are) are being made. Get your sizes to OEAO (the google doc is simple to fill out, I was able to accomplish it without OEAO's assistance) -- trust me you don't want us guessing your sizes.
For anyone still on the fence: July 23rd is the last day you can sign up! We still have 3 open spots. The badge cost is $335.

Attendees: PLEASE fill out the T-Shirt form. It takes 1 minute. It's a free T-Shirt; what's not to like?
Old July 11th, 2021, 06:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good luck, y'all! I hope it's a great event! Long live Scape!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 11th, 2021, 06:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Thanks Bats- cheers to the C3G Con crew!
Old July 11th, 2021, 08:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Thanks Bats- cheers to the C3G Con crew!
Thanks! We start this Friday. I'm getting hyped.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2021, 09:53 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
We are finalizing the menu and are looking at adding mid-morning coffee -- how many coffee drinkers are attending? Also, we have made the executive decision that we don't need dessert at lunch and dinner, as well as an afternoon cookie break (that's a lot of sugar.) The hotel has agreed to provide us with cookies for the lunch dessert (included as part of the buffet price) but serve the cookies mid-afternoon thus freeing up a few bucks that we would have paid for afternoon cookies for other things.
I will drink coffee, if provided.

Also, good call on eliminating some of the desserts. I imagine much of the food will be rich to begin with, so one dessert a day will be plenty, especially if they were charging extra for them.

Thank you for all your work!

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!

Last edited by Garenex; July 14th, 2021 at 08:21 AM.
Old July 13th, 2021, 01:27 PM

Lancelot is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hello. Any other updates on possible single-day attendance for Indy local players? I think I understand the challenges with this model so completely understand if it isn't possible. Thanks
Old July 13th, 2021, 02:27 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Hello. Any other updates on possible single-day attendance for Indy local players? I think I understand the challenges with this model so completely understand if it isn't possible. Thanks
We're discussing this and would like to try to accommodate people with the understanding that we have space constraints. If we do something it would be on a cost plus basis (cost of meals for the day(s) you want to attend plus some reasonable amount to offset prizes and other expenses.) First priority is for full price ($335) four day badges. Prepayment by paypal would be required.

We'll post more regarding this in a couple of days, in the meantime anyone who is interested can pm OEAO with the day(s) you wish to attend and he will add you to the wait list.
Old July 16th, 2021, 03:39 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Dragon Ruler - do you know if it'll be possible for those with reservations through the hotel block to get an early check-in for that Wednesday ( 7/28 )?

Asking because the listed check-in time is 3 pm, which is exactly when map making is scheduled to start; an early check-in of even 30 minutes (or an hour) would help unload some things before making maps.

I can certainly ask the hotel directly myself (probably closer to the actual day of the event), but thought I'd ask here first since I suspect some others are likely to arrive shortly before 3 pm who also might have reservations through the block and if something could be arranged that way it might help more people than if I contact the hotel individually.

A fairly minor concern in the grand scheme of things, but thought about it today so thought I'd ask.
Old July 17th, 2021, 08:11 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

I will ask about early check-in. Should not be a problem. Connecticut crew is arriving Tues. night and we'll be gaming in the lobby area (or in the ballroom once we have access on Wed. late morning early afternoon.) As people arrive, please come down and join us.

We'll be posting several announcements this weekend regarding food, one day tickets, prizes and schedule.
Old July 17th, 2021, 02:50 PM

A few announcements as we near the 10 day mark to ScapeCon 2021:

1. Last call for T-Shirts and to submit sizes if you have not done so. We are placing the order on Monday for Friday T-Shirt pickup.
2. If anyone knows that they will not be attending a meal (first meal is Thursday breakfast from 7:45 -- 8:45) please let us know. We are charged for each individual meal and we don't want to pay for meals not eaten. We had an unexpected cost for ScapeCon dice as we only received 8 sets of GenCon dice. We are trying to recoup this money. So if you are arriving after breakfast on Thursday, or leaving before breakfast on Sunday, or if there are any other meals you know you will not be attending, please let us know before this Friday.
3. The cost for a one day badge is $125 which includes three meals and prizes. A two day badge is $225. The meals are expensive, but that's why we are not paying for the use of the ballroom.
4. Multiplayer maps will be posted as soon as we get final responses for T-Shirt sizes and whether you are playing in the multi-player event (it's part of the form -- please fill out and submit by 8am eastern time Monday.) We will need people to bring terrain for multiplayer maps. OEAO will start a thread for people to sign up to commit to bringing a multiplayer map early next week.
5. Here are the tentative scheduled tourney times and meal times (subject to change):

Wednesday:
Map Setup 3:00
Dinner on your own
Tourney 7pm
Open Gaming After Map Setup -- Midnight

Thursday:
Breakfast 7:45 -- 8:45
Tourneys 9:00 -- 1:15pm (4 rounds)
Lunch 1:15 -- 2:00pm
Tourneys 2:00 -- 6:15pm (4 rounds)
Dinner 6:15 -- 7:00
Multi-Player Tourney: 7:00 -- Midnight (4 rounds)
Open Gaming 7:00 -- Midnight

Friday:
Tourneys 9:00 -- 1:15 (4 rounds)
Lunch 1:15 -- 2:00
Main Event 2:00 -- 6:15 (4 rounds)
Dinner 6:15 -- 7:00
Main Event 7:00 -- 9:00 (2 rounds)
Open Gaming 9:00 -- Midnight
Bracketology 9:00 -- ???

Saturday:
Main Event 9:00 -- 1:30 (Day 2 three rounds)
4 x 4 10:30 -- 1:30 (First 3 rounds)
Lunch 1:30 -- 2:15
Championship 2:15 -- 4:00
4 x 4 2:30 -- 3:30 (Final round)
General Wars -- 4:00 -- 6:00 (First two rounds)
Dinner 6:00 -- 7:00
General Wars 7:00 -- 9:00 (Final two rounds)
Open Gaming 9:00 -- Midnight

Sunday:
3 Headed Hydra 9:00 -- 2:00
Map Breakdown 2:00 -- 2:30
Load Walt's Van
See you next year!

Last edited by Dragon Ruler; July 17th, 2021 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added Wednesday Schedule
Old July 17th, 2021, 08:22 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

One small correction

Quote:
Sunday:
3 Headed Hydra 9:00 -- 2:00
Map Breakdown 2:00 -- 2:30
Load Walt's wife's Van
See you next year!
Also, for the "dinner on your own" Wednesday night. The restaurant in the hotel had pretty good food the last time I ate there, but that was several years ago. There aren't many fast food places near the hotel (Subway is all that I remember). There are multiple options at the IN-267 exit (one exit west of hotel), but then you have the issue of the closed exit ramp to get back to the hotel.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon