Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old June 7th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Forum Conduct Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireemblemrox View Post
Thanks for the excellent read on forum conduct, Grungebob. During your clarifications against multiple accounts you mentioned a chat room. How does that work, and where may I find such a room? If this is deemed unrelated then feel free to delete it. I just view a chat room like the one mentioned as a great communication tool.
In the first few months of the site there was a chat room. It was not used much and when it was, it was often the locus of abuse; so it was dropped.
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

It's a real shame that it was abused in such a way. Maybe in the future it could be brought back via the groups? For example, the mapmaker community could toss around ideas without cluttering the boards, and the 17 and unders could chill out and have a relaxed conversation about scape. But I suppose if it's no longer here, there must have been good reason to give it the axe.
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireemblemrox View Post
It's a real shame that it was abused in such a way. Maybe in the future it could be brought back via the groups? For example, the mapmaker community could toss around ideas without cluttering the boards, and the 17 and unders could chill out and have a relaxed conversation about scape. But I suppose if it's no longer here, there must have been good reason to give it the axe.
There was an attempt to create a chat room with an facebook group. But once 'Scape cancelled, it was pretty much abandoned. Could try looking up Heroscapers Chat on facebook though. It might get restarted(though its unlikely).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:41 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Apparently "retaliatory neg rep" is a "no no". I had never heard of this before. If I have overlooked that I am sorry and could someone please point me to where that rule is?

If it isn't here in the OP, can we have it added?

Last edited by Griffin; July 21st, 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Apparently "retaliatory neg rep" is a "no no". I had never heard of this before. If I have overlooked that I am sorry and could someone please point me to where that rule is?

From the Your Reputation and You thread. Second post, second bulletin point.
  • DO NOT reciprocate Rep, whether it's positive or negative. If you are given a boon or dock, DO NOT go hunt down the user that gave it to you and respond similarly. That user will be docked/booned by the community when they deserve it based on the merit of their posts or lack thereof, NOT based on your like or dislike of the Rep comment they left for you.
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Besides, whether "no retaliatory neg rep" is in the official guidelines (and it is) or not, it is not honorable behavior. I know that doesn't mean much to a lot of people these days, but it still does to some of us.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:19 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

From the Your Reputation and You thread. Second post, second bulletin point.
  • DO NOT reciprocate Rep, whether it's positive or negative. If you are given a boon or dock, DO NOT go hunt down the user that gave it to you and respond similarly. That user will be docked/booned by the community when they deserve it based on the merit of their posts or lack thereof, NOT based on your like or dislike of the Rep comment they left for you.
Thanks Sparkle. I appreciate the helpful direction.

Quote:
You must spread some Retaliatory Positive Reputation around before giving it to TheSparkleInYourWater again.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:49 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Besides, whether "no retaliatory neg rep" is in the official guidelines (and it is) or not, it is not honorable behavior. I know that doesn't mean much to a lot of people these days, but it still does to some of us.
And even though my drop of rep doesn't mean any thing in your bucket, it's the thing to do. Right on brotha!
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:50 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

I typed this up for a new member and thought it might be helpful to others starting out. It's directed towards younger members as well, but it works for everyone.

Hope this is the right place to add this kind on input.

Heres the link:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...7&postcount=24

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

[I'm not sure whether this "conduct" is within this thread's purview, but, as I could find no other thread that covers it, . . . ]

Recently, I have been taken to task for including C3V/SoV units in a post in the
Cookie Cutter Army Discussion and Tiers (+D1 & GC '10) thread. My offense was referencing non-Classic units in a Classic forum. (My reply is posted here.) Posts comparing Classic pricing to Delta/Delta+ in a Classic forum have been even more vociferously opposed.

What do you all think about this?

When I fight in Delta+, it just feels right!
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

[I'm not sure whether this "conduct" is within this thread's purview, but, as I could find no other thread that covers it, . . . ]

Recently, I have been taken to task for including C3V/SoV units in a post in the
Cookie Cutter Army Discussion and Tiers (+D1 & GC '10) thread. [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]My offense was referencing non-Classic units in a Classic forum. (My reply is posted here.) Posts comparing Classic pricing to Delta/Delta+ in a Classic forum have been even more vociferously opposed.

What do you all think about this?
Get your plague infested Delta/Delta+ out of here.

My opinion really carries no wait, but I believe people wouldn't want that post there is because it is the forum for official scape. I guess the people who don't like the custom want to be able to go to a part of the forums where they don't have to bother with the custom they don't like.

Personally I also would rather keep SoV/C3V and Delta separate from the book threads because when looking for strategies to use with a unit in my army of official figures for a tournament or home game, using just classic stuff, I don't want to wade through responses about cool tricks with custom figures combined with classic figures or about a powerful army, but in Delta pricing. Again my opinion really carries no weight, though.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old November 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

As a newbie, I can tell you it's plenty hard to find ALL relevant info on a figure. When brainstorming/building armies, I have to open the Official Books, the Customs Books, the customs inclusive Power Rankings, and Battleplan to even get started!

It took me forever to figure this out, but now that I'm using it, I THINK I have the quickest access to all the info on a figure.

I said all that to say this: I rather like running across comments on customs in classic threads. I also think the customs synergies should be fully included in the classic Books. Strategies for how customs work with classics is totally legit for the Books, in my opinion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online