Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 26th, 2006, 09:18 PM

mnguy12000 Woo who?
newbie!

Hey I just got this game and I have a couple questions. Well mostly on squads.

1) When I make a move, do I move the whole squad or just one of the squad mates.

2) When attacking do all the squad mates attack together or do they have to roll for each one. (if they are in range) Or am I only allowed to attach with only one member per turn?

3) In the basic game if I attack a squad member only that squad member is destroyed, not the whole squad correct?

I guess to answer 2 I need to know the answer to number 1. (we are playing the basic game for now)

Thanks!

Ryan
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome mnguy12000,

Both Basic and Master games play the same in regards to your questions ...

1) Move with the entire Squad.
2) Attack with each Squad figure with an available attack separately. (In that order, I.E. Move, after moving each available Squad figures, attack with each available Squad figure. Not Move-Attack, Move-Attack, Move-Attack, Move-Attack!)
3) Yes, it is just the single Squad figure.

When you get to the Master Game, we will discuss Common versus Unique Move and Attack issues ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:27 PM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Re: newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnguy12000

1) When I make a move, do I move the whole squad or just one of the squad mates.
You can do both.

Quote:
2) When attacking do all the squad mates attack together or do they have to roll for each one. (if they are in range) Or am I only allowed to attach with only one member per turn?
You attack with one figure at a time after all your squad mates have moved, unless stated otherwise on the card. You may attack with all your squad mates for that turn.

Quote:
3) In the basic game if I attack a squad member only that squad member is destroyed, not the whole squad correct?
Yes you are correct.

Quote:
I guess to answer 2 I need to know the answer to number 1. (we are playing the basic game for now)
Thanks!

Ryan
Well I hope this helps, and I hope I've given you what you wanted to hear.
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:28 PM

mnguy12000 Woo who?
thank you! I just love this game so far!
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
If you think you like it now, just wait until you get to the Master Game!!!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey, Guy, good to have you. I think you'll absolutely love it when you play the master rules. Basic rules are dull - master rules are outstanding. And they're not too complex - my son is 11, and has a complete grasp of the game.

And one more point of clarification, in case you didn't know it - when you roll initiative, the person who rolled highest shows their '1' order marker and plays out that unit, then the other person shows their '1' and plays that unit, then the high roller shows his '2' and plays, then the other guy shows his '2' and plays, and so on.

It's not like this: Initiative winner plays his '1', then his '2', then his '3'. The the other guy (if he has any figures left after this incredibly unbalancing move) plays his 3 markers. You probably already knew that, but I actually played this wrong for the first six months I had the game. So feel free to mock me. Somehow, I still loved it.
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:53 PM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Hey, Guy, good to have you. I think you'll absolutely love it when you play the master rules. Basic rules are dull - master rules are outstanding. And they're not too complex - my son is 11, and has a complete grasp of the game.

And one more point of clarification, in case you didn't know it - when you roll initiative, the person who rolled highest shows their '1' order marker and plays out that unit, then the other person shows their '1' and plays that unit, then the high roller shows his '2' and plays, then the other guy shows his '2' and plays, and so on.

It's not like this: Initiative winner plays his '1', then his '2', then his '3'. The the other guy (if he has any figures left after this incredibly unbalancing move) plays his 3 markers. You probably already knew that, but I actually played this wrong for the first six months I had the game. So feel free to mock me. Somehow, I still loved it.
I DID THE EXACT SAME THING! What a small world we live in.
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:07 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
If you think you like it now, just wait until you get to the Master Game!!!
... With ther ninjas! and Jotun, and Q-9...

P.S. welcom to the boards! but what does Mn in you user name stand for? money? or Minnesota?

FINISH HIM!
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:10 AM

mnguy12000 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax

Awe good thing you mentioned that. For example:

Lets say I won initiative. I place "1" on the airborn squad, then "2" on Drake and "3" on the Krav. So I wouldn't play all three turns? Only "1" then my opponent plays thier "1" then I play my "2" then they their "2" ect?

Thanks
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:55 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnguy12000

Thanks!

Ryan
1. You may move any number UP TO the number of figs illustrated on the card. For example, you can move any, all, or even none of the Krav Maga agents, but if you are using a common squad, lets say the Minions of Utgar, you can move no more than 3 at a time, because there are only 3 figures in that squad.

2. Yes. sort of. You move all of the figures you want, and then after you are satisfied with their move, you may attack. Once your attack begins, your move is over for that turn.

3. Yes. If you kill one of my 3 Krav Maga Agents, in future turns, i may only move and attack with 2 agents.

Welcome to the site, and i hope you enjoy the Heroscape Experience. It's not just a game; It's a way of life!
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:00 AM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
Welcome to the site, and i hope you enjoy the Heroscape Experience. It's not just a game; It's a way of life!
its also an addiction! welcome to the site!

P.S. 600th post!!!!! :banana:

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:30 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
[Player whose turn it is reveals next shield, which has been placed on one of his army cards - in the Basic game, players skip this and simply choose an army card]

The army card selected shows a number of figures - these figures have been "activated" by the player whose turn it is. Those figures may now move up to their full movement allowance.

Once all moves have been made, the player whose turn it is attacks using some, all or none of the figures which were "activated". Figures which did not move are still eligible to attack if engaged or in range.

After your first or second game, stop using the Basic rules and move on to the Master rules - the game is so much better. As well as forcing you to think about your turn in advance, the points values, stats and special powers are both better balanced and more fun.

If you think that you really deserve it, buy some boosters of Common figures (there are none in the Master Set, unfortunately) - having more than one of a particular Common unit on your army brings an added benefit of being able to absorb some casualties and yet still fight at full strength.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's