Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Official Wizards Feedback Thread (Summary pg 1)

Or a large Soulborg City (i.e. Vydar's answer to Jandar's Fortress of the Valkyrie set)?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 17th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I hope that they have Wave 9 (or at least part of it) on display. If they didn't I'd take it as a possibly bad sign (though I might be wrong of course).
I agree. It will be hard to believe they are at all serious about the future of the game if they don't have something new to display.
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

I never thought about displaying he new desert terrain. That would be fine along with wave 9. I mean last year they brought out wave 8 and the jungle. I wonder if they will do the same thing that Hasbro did by releasing a terrain expansion along with a large heroes set. I'm thinking they won't since they once decided to scratch the last heroes set all together.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
I wonder if they will do the same thing that Hasbro did by releasing a terrain expansion along with a large heroes set. I'm thinking they won't since they once decided to scratch the last heroes set all together.
I dunno... the obstacle to the hero pack was supposed to be stores' dissatisfaction with how long the old ones sat around. Since Waves 8 and 8.5 were released, I've hosted a small tournament and gone to a small casual game night, and it seemed like practically everyone had access to Aquilla's Alliance figures despite the fact that they hadn't yet shown up in brick-and-mortar stores. Maybe the low opinion of retail stores won't matter much if online sales continue to be good.
Old July 18th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
People, this is not a place for your inane chat. Please use this thread for it's intended purpose.

Paul, is there anyway for those who attended GenCon Oz to receive a GenCon figure? I know that you said that they wouldn't be ready in time for Gencon Oz, which was sad. Perhaps if you could send some of the exclusives to WotC Oz, those Aussies who attended (and are true fans as they would only find out about it here) could contact WotC Oz with proof of attendance and then redeem a figure that way.

It's cold out here on the outside...
I'm sure we can find a way. Not a mail-in. Anything but a mail-in. Mail-ins are evil tools of the dark lord Hejumicot. Some other less evil way would be possible though, I'm sure.
Old July 18th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
It's still possible that we'll see wave 9 at GenCon. We saw wave 8 at least year's and it took almost a year before we got to actually buy the stuff. Plus, with WotC not wanting to go back on what they've been promising (more regular releases) it's possible we're being shown stuff now for January or February releases. That's only a five or six month wait between teaser to buyable.

They need to have something to show off beyond the exclusive since everything else they've shown has already been seen. It'd be a pretty weak booth if all they had was the same thing (arranged differently) as last year.
We won't be showing Wave 9 off at GenCon. This is for two reasons. Firstly, our GenCon booth this year is going to focus on Magic and D&D (we did get special approval for the Heroscape promo giveaway, of course), so we won't be showing much of our other games. Secondly, Wizards doesn't show off our products 6-12 months out the same way as Hasbro does - our sales and marketing folks roll out that kind of information much, much closer to the release date.
Old July 18th, 2008, 06:20 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
People, this is not a place for your inane chat. Please use this thread for it's intended purpose.

Paul, is there anyway for those who attended GenCon Oz to receive a GenCon figure? I know that you said that they wouldn't be ready in time for Gencon Oz, which was sad. Perhaps if you could send some of the exclusives to WotC Oz, those Aussies who attended (and are true fans as they would only find out about it here) could contact WotC Oz with proof of attendance and then redeem a figure that way.

It's cold out here on the outside...
I'm sure we can find a way. Not a mail-in. Anything but a mail-in. Mail-ins are evil tools of the dark lord Hejumicot. Some other less evil way would be possible though, I'm sure.
Let's hear it for Paul. Huzzah! Thanks for the reply because that is great news. So where do we go from here?
Old July 18th, 2008, 06:30 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

dark lord Hejumicot

That sounds suspiciously like a new figure for the wolves to bond with.
Old July 18th, 2008, 07:41 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
It's still possible that we'll see wave 9 at GenCon. We saw wave 8 at least year's and it took almost a year before we got to actually buy the stuff. Plus, with WotC not wanting to go back on what they've been promising (more regular releases) it's possible we're being shown stuff now for January or February releases. That's only a five or six month wait between teaser to buyable.

They need to have something to show off beyond the exclusive since everything else they've shown has already been seen. It'd be a pretty weak booth if all they had was the same thing (arranged differently) as last year.
We won't be showing Wave 9 off at GenCon. This is for two reasons. Firstly, our GenCon booth this year is going to focus on Magic and D&D (we did get special approval for the Heroscape promo giveaway, of course), so we won't be showing much of our other games. Secondly, Wizards doesn't show off our products 6-12 months out the same way as Hasbro does - our sales and marketing folks roll out that kind of information much, much closer to the release date.

Oh well, thanks for the info, Paul. You do what you can and what's best for your company and we all appreciate that.
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Let the panic begin.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Haven't you read markwars sig?

(I know you have Hahn, but everyone else--go back, read it again, 10 deep breaths--Paul gave a good reason and his statement implies that the next release is simply more than 6 months away, which we pretty much knew before. If they have a promo for HS, it seems like they aren't planning to cut it...)
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Haven't you read markwars sig? (I know you have Hahn,
Just causing trouble.

Seriously lets look at the writing on the wall....the delay/cancellation of Marvel expansions...no new Scape or big display @ this year, and finally being sent WotC aka the isle where games go to die. Hey I'm not saying this is the case...but if it is...man Scape has had one hell of a good run.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News