Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old August 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Simpsonsfan101 has disabled reputation
How to Kill Krug?

ok so far the only strategy i have to kill krug is use range and heros with range. (its not very effective). what are some other ways.

P.S. i need information because my younger brother keeps using him and its getting annoying.

My giant can kill your troll.

LONG LIVE ULLAR!!
some people say heroscape is dumb and its a waste of time, i say don't let me get jotun on you
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Range is a good place to start. Another good option is fast melee units. Units that can run up and hit him first. Vipers are good for this. Especially if you get a frenzy or two. Also, he'll be wasting his huge attack on units with no defence.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Warriors of ashra or crixus are both good Krug killers.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Well first off Krug is weak against capital letters .

Secondly, the WoA are great counter units, as are anything that can kill him instantly (Runa, DED, Sudema.) Also, if he is negated by Morsebane than he is little more than a tough, healthy, and big orc.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 14th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Range and roborats, tie up krug with 1 roborat at a time, so he can not kill 2 guys at once. Keep moving away from the krugster with your range units and using the scatter to put more rats in the way. Keep your shooting squad away from each other so if Krug does disengage, he only gets to attack one of the shooters.

Height really helps, I find a lot of boards are tought on krugs slow movement, you can stay away from him pretty easy.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:47 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I've seen DW 8000 kill Krug in one turn, but I wouldn't call that an effective counter. When against Krug, I usually let him walk around with his 2 attack for a while and then unload my entire army on him at once. If you attack and wound him, you have to finish him. Do not allow him to get strong and then cause havoc. He dies just as easily as Braxas does, same life and defense. Just unload on him until he dies - be relentless.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:56 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Kaemon Awa, he has good range, when he gets clost you have double attack then counter strike with 4 defense dice!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:54 AM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
Sir Denrick's Giant Killer ability gives him extra attack on Huge figures like Krug.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
Warriors of ashra or crixus are both good Krug killers.
I do agree with this strongly. Those are some of my faves.

Jotun is a good counter, I suppose, but he's pricey.

You could swarm him with Zombies also, Zombie Onslought is vurry nice, especially since they're a moderately expendable squad.

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Warriors of Ashra, and anything that can continuously outrange him. When you do start trying to kill himwith range, toss all 3 order markers on Syvarris, or the Krav Maga, and keep on running!

Alternatively, just do your best to ignore him forever. Don't take leaving engagement swipes on him, and just bide your time and try to win by points.

In a recent 3-way game I played on the Migol's Tomb map, it came down to Braxas, Q9, and Krug, with the Q9 player having a few squad members to surpass Braxas in points. As Braxas, I was going to try to take out my opponent's few remaining Deathreavers and then return to the top of the map, which also conveniently had a glyph of gerda due to random assignment. Q9 had not attacked Krug a single time, for fear of wounded smashes. Krug also stopped trying to kill Q9 because he couldn't reach me up top and the other player's Q9 was Krug's only chance at victory. So he thought.

It was quite the standoff.

Q9 got Braxas down to 1 life left, and then I had her swoop down and bite Krug, causing 4 wounds. Krug then killed Braxas and Q9. I'd much rather see Krug win.

Back on how to beat Krug: I've been told stories of Ninjas of the Northern Wind or Isamu dealing with him handily. You need to be fairly lucky with the 20-sider though.

I would also think that a well timed attack from Knights of Weston+ Denrick, or Alastair and the McDirks could each be rather effective, especially if Alastair or Krug are slightly wounded prior to the fight.

Don't use Grimnak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I agree Jotun can take out krug, but he is tricky in the sense if you just really wound krug hard and he gets two good swings at you with a beefed up attack it could spell the end of old pricey Jotun ( wound 6 and your talking about an 8 attack on level ground , 2 good rolls spells trouble for anyone card out there ). I have seen Krug take out the giant a few times, it is truely a beautiful thing when your 120 point guy takes down the big man at 225, ooach.

We also have to take into account that there will probably be a few arrow grunts about, which are sometimes just annoying, but sometimes they play for keeps and kill your guys. The can tie up your guys if nothing else, keep you from shooting at krug is there real job.

Krug rocks with the troops behind him, I love large armies based on the orcs!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM

Monk has disabled reputation
Kill Krug

When my friend left the room , I put Krug in the blender. When he came back I told him his dog did it....
Actually he's like a tank (without range) and not much armor, ranged is my No. 1 way...he never seems to make it to the 4 th Mass. alive..

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles