Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 11:36 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws & Map Submittals

Shades,

I'm sorry you don't want to help give this a crack. It appeared we were just starting to get somewhere.

Everyone Else,

It appears we can finally get this started. Since Caco has not been heard of in quite a while, I think we will have to go with the 2/3rd majority rules on all of these. By that logic, Silver Surfer you are in! Congrats!

The rules are in, also. We can change them if necessary, but lets get judging maps!

Current Status:

Main BoM Rules pending acceptance:
YES = 2 [Peteparkerh, Stumpy_man, Silver Surfer] ; NO = 0;Pending = 1 [Ugly-Caco]
ACCEPTED

Heroscapers judges pending acceptance:
The Silver Surfer
YES = 2 [Peteparkerh, Stumpy_man] ; NO = 0;Pending = 1 [Ugly-Caco]
ACCEPTED

Maps pending review:
Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 1 [Silver Surfer] ; NO = 0;Pending = 2 [Stumpy_man, Ugly-Caco,Peteparkerh (not eligble, his map)]

Maps being reviewed:
None

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws & Map Submittals

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post

It appears we can finally get this started. Since Caco has not been heard of in quite a while, I think we will have to go with the 2/3rd majority rules on all of these. By that logic, Silver Surfer you are in! Congrats!

Thank you, thank you! No applause needed! Now, I'd like to take the time to... (gives long-winded acceptance speech) Just kidding, guys.

But anyway, as peteparkerh already said, please people, start nominating maps! Some of you have said you're looking forward to this project, so if you really meant it, go make and nominate a map. It's the creators that are needed to keep this project alive, not us judges.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:43 AM

jodokast is surprisingly tart
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws Now Official!

On that note, I would like to nominate Nadi's Frostbite for consideration for BoM.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21715

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old December 4th, 2008, 12:19 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodokast View Post
On that note, I would like to nominate Nadi's Frostbite for consideration for BoM.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21715

Looks like a decent map. But per BoM rules, start zones of 12 need to be included in the map build instructions, so I am afraid that until they are added, we cannot vote for review.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 4th, 2008, 04:00 PM

Oops, I should have read through the by-laws more closely.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old December 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Jodokast,

I really want to avoid maps that look like the BoV. I would rather see your "Under the El". I don't think its perfect yet, but it has really good promise. We could also include a cut out of the train to put on the track, if that makes sense (I have one already, its in the picture below). Do you have this map loaded for download?

I would also like to get Cavalier's Sub Base in this. It requires too many sets, but I want to see if he could get it down to 1 ROTV, 1 RTTFF, & 1 FOTA. Alternately he could get it down to 1 Marvel, 1 ROTV, & 1 FOTA.

I was also searching for a map a map I saw a while ago that had a Marvel set with the warehouse and the lava set as a crater. Does anybody remember this one? I tried searching for it.

Edit: Found the map. Naps420 made it. It is the Marvel Secret Lab. Takes too many sets, but I'm sure it could get adjusted.

Last edited by peteparkerh; December 4th, 2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:13 PM

Well, I'm glad you like it. I've been toying with a special rule for the map involving a d20 roll. At the end of each round, roll to see if a train goes by. If it does, every character on the tracks is bumped off and falls to the ground. Add falling damage as warranted. The point is to prevent perched snipers from getting cozy.

But yeah, there is a whole lot of useless area that needs to be tweaked.

Think Safely!
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Jodokast,

I really want to avoid maps that look like the BoV. I would rather see your "Under the El". I don't think its perfect yet, but it has really good promise. We could also include a cut out of the train to put on the track, if that makes sense (I have one already, its in the picture below). Do you have this map loaded for download?

I would also like to get Cavalier's Sub Base in this. It requires too many sets, but I want to see if he could get it down to 1 ROTV, 1 RTTFF, & 1 FOTA. Alternately he could get it down to 1 Marvel, 1 ROTV, & 1 FOTA.

I was also searching for a map a map I saw a while ago that had a Marvel set with the warehouse and the lava set as a crater. Does anybody remember this one? I tried searching for it.

Edit: Found the map. Naps420 made it. It is the Marvel Secret Lab. Takes too many sets, but I'm sure it could get adjusted.
I can try to see what i can do with the sub base and i would like to help with the lave one but i only have one marvel set

Quote:
Well, I'm glad you like it. I've been toying with a special rule for the map involving a d20 roll. At the end of each round, roll to see if a train goes by. If it does, every character on the tracks is bumped off and falls to the ground. Add falling damage as warranted. The point is to prevent perched snipers from getting cozy.

Great Idea

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Mayor of Scape City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
I can try to see what i can do with the sub base and i would like to help with the lave one but i only have one marvel set
I think we need to make the lava one with one Marvel set. You want to try it with 1 Lava, 1 Marvel, and 1 ROTV?

I would like to get Cavalier to try to edit his own map. Can you try to get in touch with him and explain what we want?

Thank Vydar!

Old December 4th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Mayor of Scape City

Quote:

Do you have a download version I can get? I would like to build it and see what it really looks like. I love the D20 idea.

Old December 4th, 2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Do you have a download version I can get? I would like to build it and see what it really looks like. I love the D20 idea.
I don't have a download yet. I can email it to you if you want. Right now I'm toying with 3/20 to 5/20 (if that makes sense) on the roll for the train. I don't want it coming too often, but never showing would be equally as bad.

Think Safely!
Old December 5th, 2008, 02:53 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

I don't know if this map is stunning but it sure stunned me. Awesome ensemble!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios