Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 8th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidianguard
There is not a lot of HeroScape action here in Asheboro, NC. The only people I know who play the game is my younger brother and myself. I'm tired of losing to him. I would like to lose to other people . A video game, or computer game, would allow that kind of interaction.
He is tired of losing to me. There is no one in this coutny that would play it besides us two we've tried to recrut new people but there is no hype going around because there is no store in Asheboro that sells them now that wal mart took them off the shelves. Wal Mart had been on series 5 for a year. So we are SOL thats why he posted this in the first place.

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old March 8th, 2008, 11:35 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd love to see a Heroscape video game released over Xbox Live Arcade, provided they took the time to really make it top notch, with full battle animations and sound and a wide selection of figures and terrain.

I think it would be worth the price of admission just to have a computerized, well-rendered map maker. Imagine if you could e-mail maps you make in the game to your computer, and then print them out, ready to build. That would rock.

Another possible venue for the game could be the Nintendo DS, with it's touch screen stylus controls. It might be too tiny there, but I think it could work if the map was on the top and the user interface was on the bottom screen.
Old March 8th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, the DS would be kinda small for something like that. How about the PSP or Playstation 2 or 3? Cant they be hooked up to the internet like the DS and XBox?

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:31 PM

link10020 has disabled reputation
Incase anybody here has played dynasty warriors/samurai warriors I think that system would make a good Heroscape videogame. use the heroes to replace the characters and squads to replace the squads.
and the 3 provinces of ancient china concept would be perfect to replace the 6 generals of valhalla

If you havent played dynasty warriors you pick a province Shu, wei, or wu. Each province had about 20 characters to pick from and each character has it's own story.

although aquilla would be difficult as she ownly has 1 hero.

No gruts? no glory!

- 10 to life for chicken abuse!!!

http://heroscapers.com/community/vie...er=asc&start=0
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I've long been surprised that HS hasn't been translated into a computer game yet. It'd be perfect on the PC since it wouldn't require a high-end system and everyone has a PC, whereas not everyone has a 360 or PS3 or Wii.

Just because someone might be interested and enjoy an electronic version of HS doesn't mean that they're no longer interested in the real game, either, but like Obsidianguard pointed out, a lot of people (sadly) don't have regular opponents to play HS with, so it'd definitely fill that role.

That being said, Fire Emblem is nowhere as close to being like HeroScape as PoxNora is. PoxNora is basically HeroScape but you buy booster sets (so it has a collectible aspect), however, it's not necessary to buy everything to be good or competitive. It's pretty darn cool. I did a preview for GamesRadar last August at GenCon of the videogames at the event and the PoxNora guys were there doing demos and showing off the game. It's probably your best bet for capturing that HS feel in digital form.

Check it out here: http://www.poxnora.com/index.do

Here are a few pics, also:

Have fun!!
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:51 PM
has been BANNED

A video game version of Heroscape would be great for those times when you just want a quick fix but can't get the crew together. If you're anything like me a game night is not something you can just throw at a moment's notice. I live alone, and my closest gamer friend is about 15-20 minutes away. If I want to get a game together for the weekend it usually invovles me making phone calls or sending out some e-mails as early as Tuesday or Wednesday, and everyone having to compare schedules and figure out what wives/girlfreinds/kids are doing, if applicable.

If Heroscape came to Xbox Live, I could just plop down on the couch at 3am on a Sunday if I so desired and find a quick game. That would rock, and I really hope it happens someday. I love my weekly games, but I would love to play even more than I do, and networked video gaming would let me do that.
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Let me clarify one of my remarks, also, it'd be a great game on every system that has a good online component. Actually, in that regard, as long as it was on every platform, it'd be a good thing.

I agree with JCB that it would help me play more, too!
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM

justin has disabled reputation
I'd be all for a 'scape video game (in fact I think I started one of those old threads). Computer version would be best, and then you could actually get old waves (albeit only in computer format). The action gameplay would be cool, the characters should move (animated) and have options like Shoot/Hide when they end their movement. Virtualscape fields would probably be good too.

I have wings and wicked awesome Counterstrike.

Trust me on this, I am INSANE

Old March 10th, 2008, 03:05 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think a heroscape game should be available on all platforms and as I've said before it should be like Marvel Alliance and Lego: Star Wars mixed together. I especially would liek to see computer and Xbox 360 versions as updates for the game could become available. It would be such a fun game with huge replayability and countless hours of upgrading your heroes. Joy unbounded if the game would ever be released
Old March 10th, 2008, 03:22 PM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
I personally think that a game with similar mechanics of "Marvel Alliance" with the variety of heroes to choose from and the upgradeable abilities, mixed with the fun of heroscape and lego: star wars, would make a wonderful heroscape game. The maps have hexes in them and everything. It would be awesome. But nobody seems to think that a heroscape game would sell. O well.
This is probably the best idea, but something along the lines of an RTS, like World in Conflict, would also be quite good. I definatley don't think a heroscape game that plays like the game of heroscape would sell good, just look at the Yu-Gi-Oh line.

This is what I do for a living:
Old March 10th, 2008, 03:33 PM
has been BANNED

If it were a physical retail item, actually put onto a disc and sold at Circuit City or whatever, I think the board game wouldn't be a good idea. But as a downloadable game, I think they should go the boardgame route...there are already similar products out there and peole seem to be playing them...Band of Bugs, etc. If you take away the cost of actually producing a disc and distribuiting it across the country, you can sell a lot less and still make a profit.

I wouldn't want to see a LEGO Star Wars type game, or any sort of "upgrade the heroes" adventure like Marvel Alliance. Heroscape is heroscape.......it's a board game....turn it into an action game and you might as well play some sort of Lord of the Rings hack-and-slash, or the aforementioned Marvel and Star Wars games. It would ill fit the license I think. Many of the characters in Heroscape are nothing new and exciting or particularly original...exceptions being the Marro perhaps. I think the gameplay is what makes Heroscape fun....it's what they choose to do with the same old Army Men and Cowboys that makes this a must-play game in my book.
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Messy Eater

Yeah, JCB is totally right about not changing the fundamental basis of HS. It's, at heart, a Turn-based Strategy game. Adding Real-Time pressure to the mix would basically ruin the game as would adding any Action-type elements. Just not a good idea.

Again, for those of you jonesing for this kind of thing, try POXNORA. You're missing out, otherwise, since it's the closest you'll get to playing HS online.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion