Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 17th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Discussion: Why Did Heroscape Fail? (as a retail product

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Marvel set sucked.
I strongly disagree. Marvel is HEROscape. If they would have followed it up with more expansions I would have gleefully bought and supported it. Thankfully there is C3G.
Long live HEROscape.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 17th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Someone repped me with a comment about how the Marvel set isn't sucky and it got them into Heroscape. But you barely got anything in the set while for $10 more you could get an RotV or SotM and get a ton terrain and way more miniatures. If the Marvel set was a master set like Rotv or SotM (priced accordingly of course) it would have been way more successful.

Since the Marvel set was sucky it also just rot on the shelves like the Nakitas.

The sucky Marvel set is better than nothing. I acknowledge that many Scapers got into it via Marvel but I think the set would have sold more if it was a master set and not just a pseudo-standalone game. There would have been more incentive for pre-existing Vanilla Scapers to buy it, and there would have been an incentive to buy multiples of the set. I never bought a Marvel set and I don't regret it. But back in the day if the Marvel set was a master set full of city terrain hell yeah I would have bought at least one.

Don't quote me on the Heroscape distribution thing. I think Heroscape waves were shipped so that there would be one of each of the 4 boosters in a 4 booster display. So if a wave had 2 unique packs it would ship half unique and half common. This was never a problem with the wave 5 Ninjas and Samurai because visually it's pretty much the coolest looking booster. But the Gladiators and Nakita pack looked horrible with its brown and white color scheme.

Also, what is with this talk of the game being marketed to kids? What marketing? Besides for a handful of commercials very early on there was absolutely no advertising.

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; September 17th, 2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old September 18th, 2014, 07:04 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

I still love 4 years later and we all discus why the game failed out!

In all reality the Game Ran for 6 years. This in no way makes the game a failure. Plus it still has a fan base and still makes use of the game system today.

When it comes to marvel. I believe thanks to that Master set the game is around today and has a forum. The marvel set has led to people repurposing other mini's to use in game play.

I do agree with some people due to the size of the Marvel master set, and never getting the expansions on the set, that is what stopped marvel from taking off.....

As for the End of Scape itself. I believe once the game was passed over to WOTC to run and WOTC already having a mini's game with a fan base and not sure how to fully integrate Scape into it it led to WOTC putting their efforts into what they knew best.

In conclusion I in now way think Heroscape failed nor do I feel Trying to release Marvel was a complete failure ( other then mont being able to expand on it ). I just del that WOTC was not prepared to add this game their line of Games, nor where they really interested in a new property when they already had a viable game system.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I do think the Marvel set was sucky, but I acknowledge that it got a lot of people into Scape and was better than having no Marvel set at all. I just think they blew a lot of potential with it.

Also there seemed to be a general air of ignoring the customers with Heroscape. We never got Spitting Vipers or Pirates or the ability to buy terrain in bulk or expansions for the Marvel set or much else of what we wanted.

Also, it wasn't just that 2 different squads were in one pack, it was that often one squad would be 100+ points and the other squad would be less than half that. So if you wanted 7 squads of Marro Drones you'd be stuck with 7 Utgar Demon squads (I can't believe I forgot their name, don't take my Scape card from me!) which is a purchase no one is willing to make, especially children/teenager/parents.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:22 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

I do agree in that aspect Packaging of waves and Terrain Packages not being available. I wish that was addressed. Also many people asked for certain squads and were ignored, but when asking you have to remember the game maker has ideas of there own also.

Old September 18th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

One of the big problems was that any real fix to the distribution would have required Heroscape to have a large FLGS presence and it was mostly in big box stores. Walmart isn't going to devote that much shelf space to one game, and game stores aren't likely either when most people will just go and buy at Walmart for less money. The couple odd times I would see Heroscape in a game store, it was usually ROTV master set for $60, or something like that.
Old September 21st, 2014, 11:59 PM

dragon has disabled reputation

You've seen these new 3D printers, right? They're becoming more affordable each year, and my guess it that's it's only a matter of time before somebody get's the idea to start manufacturing the hard to find heroes that are fetching exorbitant prices on ebay. I'm hoping that happens, as I wouldn't mind buying a knock-off if that what it takes to complete my collection.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 01:43 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Actully it's easier to produce a silicon mold & use plastic resin to replicate pre-existing figures, alot cheaper to. 3D printers are more for new items that haven't been designed yet.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:54 PM

I saw a set of Plastic printed Figures on ebay, and they included some printed tiles too. The pictures looked prett good but not really sure the quality of the item.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion