Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Notices

Old November 11th, 2010, 04:57 PM

MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker
New: Flame Hydra

Hi all,

New idea today. Long walks are awesome for inspiration.

The flame hydra is a very rare beast, very different from its near cousin the Fen Hydra. After a herd of Fen Hydras were driven into the Volcarren Wasteland by some Jandar troops, they adapted to the new heat, their coats changing from grass-green to flame red to better match their surroundings. They became wild, untamed beasts, losing their ability to reach over the screen as a tradeoff for resistance to the burning heat. Their constant infighting favored the mutants with more than four heads, leading to an overall average of eight per hydra, and wounding them only makes them more ferocious.

Flame Hydra
Uncommon Hero
Hunter
Wild
Huge 8

Life: 8
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 1
Defense: 4

Hydra Heads
When this Flame Hydra attacks, it may attack up to eight times. Reduce the number of times this Flame Hydra can attack by 1 for each wound marker on this Army Card.

Wounded Bite
When this Flame Hydra attacks, it receives one extra attack die for each wound marker it has.

Lava Resistant
This Flame Hydra never rolls for Lava Field or Molten Lava damage, and may move through Molten Lava spaces without stopping.

Basically, a heavy-duty hero that goes from mass squad killing to hero wrecking the more wounds it has.
Figure...Paging isle Soundwarp, can we get a Red 8-headed Hydra in isle MarroCloner164?

Wounds/Attack/#ofAttacks table
Spoiler Alert!

Warforged Assassin
Spoiler Alert!

-MarroCloner 164

Last edited by MarroCloner164; January 29th, 2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Warforged Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarroCloner164 View Post
Hi all,

Just something that I thought of recently.

Warforged Assassin ---- fights for Vydar

Warforged
Common Hero
Assassin
Tricky
Small 3

Life: 1
Move: 7
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 2

Chosen Target
When a Warforged Assassin attacks a figure with a range of five or higher, he may add three dice to his attack.

Warforged Resolve
Stealth Dodge

Points, 55? 65?

What do you think? It's a fairly cheap filler dedicated to the death of all range units. All it has to do is get a fairly good hit on a pricey ranged attacker, and it has probably earned it's points worth. If it gets stuck in melée, though, it's all over.

Figure, probably a Warforged scout or something.

-MarroCloner 164
Looks interesting!

I'm not sure on the points, but it's a great idea.

One question about him though: Does the Warforged Resolve count as a shield for Stealth Dodge? If so, he could also be really useful for attacking a castle.
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM

MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warforged Assassin

Yeah, the Warforged resolve would apply to the stealth dodge... Kind of like better thorian speed except it still gets it's auto- shield in melée.

-MarroCloner 164
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Re: New: Flame Hydra

Thread Bump: Flame Hydra
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:03 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Great custom!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Ninja Dust

Smile Re: New: Flame Hydra

looks great
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:46 PM

Card for Waforged Assassin made up...I turned him into a unique hero.

80 points is probably okay... I tweaked him a little bit to get him past screens.

-MarroCloner164
Old January 29th, 2011, 01:19 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

love the flame hydra, but the wording on the wounded bite special attack should say add one attack die for
Old January 29th, 2011, 07:31 AM

Yep, thanks.

(Edited)

-MarroCloner164
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:41 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Wanted to elucidate on my short post on Dagger in the SoV thread.
I really do like the concept you have going on here.

The foggy wording I referred to in the SoV thread had to do with Chosen Target. When it comes to figure that has a range of 5 you probably need to clarify that is in reference to a normal attack (if that is your intent).

You know and I know that you are referring to a normal attack but it could become a source of contention for some "rules lawyer" players so it might be best to preclude it by stating in clearly in the text.

Also, for Warforged Stealth I think you mean "one shield" rather than "on shield".

Keep up the creative work!
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:46 PM

Thanks...going back to edit the card.

-MarroCloner164
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Overall, I really like Dagger's intent. Assassins are a lot of fun to use, especially fragile ones who have to get in and complete their mission aggresively to see their value. However, he does have some issues the way you have him presently.

I second what Lamaclown said about Chosen Target-it's unclear if you meant only a base range of 5, or if includes anyone with a Special Attack, or even a Special Ability, with a range of 5 (SotM Drake and Mogrimm are very interested in how limited it is ).

Also, as it is currently worded, Warforged Stealth makes Dagger invulnerable to ranged attacks. He gets an automatic shield added to all defense rolls, and one shield blocks all damage from a non-adjacent enemy.

Finally, I recommend matching official wording as close as possible. Specifically, compare your wording of Warforged Stealth to Warforged Resolve.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs