Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old August 20th, 2010, 12:56 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Fantasy Football 2010

I did a mock draft on Yahoo this morning using my rankings for this league. Picking 4th in a 12 team league, I got this for my starters:

QB - P. Manning
RB - M. Jones-Drew
RB - J. Charles
WR - H. Ward
WR - C. Ochocinco
WR - D. Driver
TE - T. Gonzalez
K - S. Gostkowski
DEF - Green Bay

I'd be pretty psyched to get that team out of this draft, so here's hoping I pick 4th and you guys draft like they do!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:30 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In my mock draft (6th pick in a 12 person league), I ended up with:

QB - T. Brady (NE)
RB - F. Gore (SF)
RB - S. Jackson (SL)
WR - M. Floyd (SD)
WR - S. Holmes (NYJ)
WR - M. Williams (TB)
TE - A. Gates (SD)
K - R. Longwell (Min)
DEF - NYJ

B - B. Roethlisberger QB (Pit)
B - N. Washington WR (Ten)
B - M. Bush RB (Oak)
B - D. Brown RB (Ind)
B - M. Wallace WR (Pit)
B - D. Hester WR (Chi)

I'd be very happy with this as my league has 2 RB's, 2 WR's and one RB/WR. I would generally use Bush or Brown instead of a third receiver. I'm a little weaker on WR than I'd prefer, but I like the team.
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:45 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

When does the auto draft execute? It just sometime between now and 8/24.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be executed today, but apparently it could be any time between now and next Tuesday. Sorry about that guys. I'm not sure why it does this, but maybe we'll get lucky and it's sooner then later.

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just finished putting a few players in my want list. I didn't do anything last year, so not sure if it's even going to matter.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:30 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be executed today, but apparently it could be any time between now and next Tuesday. Sorry about that guys. I'm not sure why it does this, but maybe we'll get lucky and it's sooner then later.
It did the same thing last year
Old August 21st, 2010, 03:41 AM

The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker

I am VERY happy with my players I got. Boldin, Ray Rice, Syndey Rice, and Baltimore Defense. Wow I was not expecting to get these guys. I also got Flacco who will do pretty well as normal although I would have prefered to get Rogers.
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:48 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I'm pleased with my squad. I got Brees as my qb (can't go wrong there) and Stephen Jackson as my primary rb. I also got Desean Jackson as a wr and the Steelers D. I do have Jeremy Maclin the other Eagles wr, so that is a bit of an issue on a bye week, but other than that I am happy. Let the games begin!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

I'm glad the auto-draft was sooner then later!

I like my team, although there might be a couple of problems.

At QB, I have Keven Kolb and Ben Roethlisberger. Kevin Kolb, I think, will end up turning into a very successful quarterback, but I'm not sure how quickly. With players like Desean Jackson, he should have quite a few big plays, which is good. If he doesn't work out, starting week 5 I'll have Ben, who usually is a pretty solid quarterback. He's not a Fantasy star, but for 13th round, he's certainly solid.

At RB, I have Michael Turner, Cedric Benson, and Ahmad Bradshaw. This is a very solid group, and I'm extremely happy I have Turner. I was feeling a breakout year for him, even before the draft. If Benson does what he did last year, my team is going to be very good. Bradshaw is a pretty solid backup, which I'm happy with.

At WR, I have Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bow, Terrell Owens, and Eddie Royal. This is possibly the position I'm strongest in, and I'm very excited. Calvin Johnson is going into his second year with Stafford, hopefully means he's only going to get better. Welker's coming off an injury, but he played great in his last pre-season game, so I'm really happy with him. Dwayne Bow is labeled as my 3rd WR right now, but I'm not sure. I think I'm going to put TO there instead. I'm not the biggest TO fan, but I think he could have a big year playing alongside Chad Ochocinco.

At TE, I have Jason Witten and Jeremy Shockey. This is great, as Witten is alway one of the best tight ends.

At Kicker, I'm a little week, with San Diego's kicker, and Kansas City's kicker. Not too excited about this right now.

At D, I ahve New Orleans. They're not the best D, but they're certainly good.

All in all, I like my team, and I ready for some football!

Old August 21st, 2010, 10:41 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Goodness, did it let me draft whomever I wanted first before you guys got any players?

QB - Phillip Rivers
WR- Roddy White
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Anthony Gonzales
RB - Chris Johnson
RB - Joseph Addai
TE - Owen Daniels
K - Ryan Longwell
D - San Fransisco

To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:12 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I cannot complain about what I got. I look to be weak at RB, but the guys I do have our young and coming up. All 3 are listed as starters but I might still have some challenges in that area.

I think Romo is going to have his best season this year. I had moved him up a tad in the rankings and I feel fortunate to have him. I am set decently at receiver and I have Gonzales at TE. Yeah, I can't really complain.

Now...time to get to work.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 21st, 2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Who needs a recevier?
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. Matt Ryan as my starting QB. Can't say I'm at all pleased with my line up but that's the game. Good luck guys.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General