Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old June 18th, 2008, 09:16 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
NM24 - Process

(Moderator's Note): All results of our efforts can be seen here: The Halls of Justice

Since the work has already been done for me, I thought a simple cut and paste would suffice...

Let's get this thing rolling.

The 24-Hour Customs Thread
Where your customs are critiqued to perfection in only 24-Hours.

Our Mission:
- To create a workable directory of customs that are ready to be used by any group or player.
- To have a set of quality guaranteed, balanced customs with no errors and are as official as possible.

The Process:
The NM24 process focuses on speed and excellence in its critique. In this regard we do not worry about the exact point value of the custom being 100% accurate, but rather that it is playable and within 5-10 points which more, time-consuming play-testing will dictate. Our goal is to quickly and effectively critique and correct any errors on a chosen card. This process DOES NOT include adding new abilities or large scale changes to the Army Card. The process DOES, however, include smaller changes including, but not limited to: rewordings, graphic changes, changes in points, stats changes of 1 or 2, left box details, etc.

Unfortunately, if many creators start suggesting large scale changes because the card is not thematically accurate, too overpowered, too unbalanced, etc. then the nomination must be withdrawn because of too man flaws.

This is a reviewing process for previously critiqued works, not rough drafts.

The process for a specific card is over when three individual members give a "thumbs up to the card. A thumbs up may be given by these smileys: , OR the words "Thumbs up!", "Good to go," etc.

Once a card is NM24'd, a new card must be nominated. The process to nominate a card is described below in bold.

To the Creator:
Once your card has been nominated and you agree to the process, you must be able to make a small commitment to update the card regularly throughout the 1-4 day process. This is to ensure that the process moves along smoothly without huge delays.

After your process has been completed, please post a new card to undergo the process. If the creator of the new card DOES NOT post within 24 Hours saying it is OK for his/her card to go through the process, PLEASE post another card from a different creator. Try to use people's cards who are active at the time.

Before a creator posts to say it is OK, others are still permitted to give their opinions on the card and thumbs if appropriate, just know that the custom may still be withdrawn.

The Rules and Timeframe:
1. You cannot nominate your own card.
2. The creator has 1 day to OK his/her custom for review once it has been posted for nomination.
3. After the creator has OK'd it, the process must be completed in 5 days. If there is not 3 thumbs up in 5 days, another card is nominated by anyone and we move on.
4. If the process completes in under 5 days, immediately start the next process.

Closing Notes:
- Remember that even though you may love a card, the creator may not have the time to go through the process and its nomination may be withdrawn. You CAN nominate a card again, but try to wait for the creator to be more active.
- If your entry is withdrawn for any reason please don't get mad or blame someone. Sometimes things just happen. If you stay active for sure you will get another chance.
- When posting a card for review try to copy the format found HERE for consistency and accuracy.
- Good luck to all creators!!

The NM24 Stamps are HERE.

Alphabetical List of NM24 Customs:
Angel by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Passed 3 votes (UPC, Crispy, Whitestuff)
Azrael by Whitestuff - Passed 3 votes (GreyOwl, UPC, Hi1hi1hi1hi1)
Batman by GreyOwl - Passed 3 votes (Whitestuff, UPC, Sherman Davies)
Black Bolt by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Passed 3 votes (IAmBatman, GreyOwl, Whitestuff)
Cable by GreyOwl - Passed 3 votes (Whitestuff, Hi1hi1hi1hi1, UPC)
Clayface by Whitestuff - Passed 3 votes (GreyOwl, UPC, Hi1hi1hi1hi1)
Deadpool by GreyOwl - Passed 4 votes (Bloodraven, Hi1hi1hi1hi1, IAmBatman, UPC)
Easy Company Grunts by UranusPChicago - Passed 3 votes (Whitestuff, GreyOwl, Hi1hi1hi1hi1)
Eric Draven - The Crow by Bloodraven - Passed 3 votes (GreyOwl, Hi1hi1hi1hi1, IAmBatman)
Hand Ninjas by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Passed 5 votes (UPC, Sherman Davies, Markb97402, GreyOwl, Drewman-chu)
Hawyeye by Greyowl - Passed 3 votes (Hi1hi1hi1hi1, UPC, Jonathan)
Juggernaut by Hi1hi1hi1hi1 - Passed 4 votes (Greyowl, UPC, Whitestuff, Bloodraven)
Katana by Whitestuff - Passed 3 votes (Jonathan, UPC, Bloodraven)
Mockingbird by GreyOwl - Passed 3 votes (BloodRaven, Whitestuff, UPC)
Ragman by Whitestuff - Passed 4 votes (UPC,Jonathan,Hi1hi1hi1hi1,GreyOwl)
Scarecrow by Sherman Davies - Passed 5 votes (UPC, GreyOwl, Whitestuff, Hi1hi1hi1hi1, Markb97402)
Sgt. Rock by UranusPChicago - Passed 3 votes (Whitestuff, GreyOwl, BloodRaven)
Swamp Thing by GreyOwl - Passed 3 votes (Markb97402, Garada, Matt Helm)
Union Jack by Garada - Passed 5 votes (Hi1hi1hi1hi1, Matt Helm, Markb97402, Sherman Davies, GreyOwl)

Voting History
Boom-Boom by Jonathan - withdrawn
Beetle by AllSkulls - withdrawn

Currently in Process
Henchmen by Markb97402 (Whitestuff)

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Last edited by IAmBatman; January 19th, 2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Re: NM24 - Process

Our first nomination...

Hawkeye by GreyOwl

This was posted June 18, 2008 at 08:15 CST.
Process ends: Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 08:15 CST

Old June 18th, 2008, 11:56 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright here we go...

Hawkeye
... is great! Range 9 with two attacks of four seems perfect to me. He's a better Syvarris and that is what he is in the comics. Adventurer and Rebellious fit well due to his shadier past.

I think Smoke Arrow should be Smoke Arrow 13 and I'm assuming you copied the Smoke Powder text, because it seems perfect.

One other thing, not that's it's bad how it is, but I think it'd be really cool if Hawkeye could shoot his smoke arrows to protect his friends that might not be adjacent. I realize the cards intent is slightly different, but it was just something that popped into my head when I saw it.

I think Hawkeye has earned my without any change.

Old June 18th, 2008, 01:51 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Hawkeye

I agree with hi1hi1hi1hi1 about the Smoke Arrow 13 ability name change.

The only other change I would make is OCD to the extreme, but I would center the Marvel graphic and the Hawkeye name at the top of the card.

With those 2 changes...

Old June 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If we're talking OCD here, you could make the hit zone picture a tad bit smaller.

Old June 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I am really hoping that we get at least one more critique for this today. It would be nice to see this process actually work.

Old June 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Hawkeye is updated with all the suggestions above. I'm not sure if that invalidates the already received "thumb-ups" or not.,,

Old June 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I like it great job Grey Owl, Hi4 and UPC!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

I think this is a well-balanced piece that I just printed out for myself (as I finally got a Hawkeye mini).

I might like to see another version of Hawkeye, akin to Whitestuff's Judge Dredd, to show off all of Hawkeye's trick arrows, but this version is highly playable and probably a lot more fun for everyone involved due to his streamlined "beat-your-face" approach.

Old June 18th, 2008, 10:01 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I thought about all his trick arrows, but I decided not to do that just because I did that with my Green Arrow. Essentially, they're the same character as far as abilities and equipment, but I was trying to differentiate my two versions of the characters from each other.

That being said, I would love to see someone else do a version of Hawkeye with all the trick arrows, especially if they came up with different ones than what I used for Green Arrow.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
I think Hawkeye has earned my without any change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago View Post
...With those 2 changes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I think this is a well-balanced piece that I just printed out for myself (as I finally got a Hawkeye mini).

SCORE!!!! We have our first completed NM24 process.

GreyOwl, congratulations!

Post your nomination to continue the process.

Old June 19th, 2008, 12:02 AM

Are we discussing cost at all in this process? I know we're not doing the playtesting for cost, which is what slows everything to a halt. Nobody mentioned anything about Hawkeye's cost, so I'm not sure if that means it was good or if nobody looked at it.

Is someone going to make a logo or something that we can place on "NM24'd" cards?

Up next, I nominated hi's Juggernaut. I've already PM'd him.

Last edited by GreyOwl; June 19th, 2008 at 12:07 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations