Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2018, 08:31 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rush Order

I worry that "Battle Rush" might end up being tactically used as "Battle Retreat". Don't think it's broken, just might end up being fairly unthematic in practice.

~Dysole, who thinks it'll depend on what Jakaw is fighting
Old February 2nd, 2018, 08:43 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Jakaw -

6 base move and 3 bonus move once per round, makes him fast, like super fast. Luckily he is fairly papery.

throwing 8 dice (10 with height) seems like a lot. I know he can only wound on the second try, but it seems like a lot of dice for a 50 pointer. Amber shard is a good comparison who can also through lots of dice though.

Not a fan of fighter, maybe marauder?

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:09 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm curious about his Battlerush Ability. In my experience playtesting Agent Fawcett, having free movement from figures is surprisingly versatile. She can be moved more frequently but that requires army building constraints and other limitations. 50 points is more of a commitment but he could actually be useful to take turns with on occasion and is probably a bit sturdier overall. You may have designed him the the other Raptorans in mind but I wonder if that power will be able to eke out more of an advantage you'd expect in whatever army you put him in. That's just something to keep an eye on and not to say it is actually an issue.

I can otherwise agree that the name could use a tweak. Battle Rush doesn't seem like a thematic fit since a versatile power like that is being used to gain tactical advantages and not necessarily move to engage the enemy.

[EDIT] Fighter seems off, too. I like Marauder or some other Rogue-like class.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:16 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In practice, Sir H, has Battle Rush been used to rush into battle? Or, rather, to retreat and/or reposition, depending on initiative and OM placement?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 2nd, 2018, 10:48 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I trust your testing, but it does look a bit stronger than 50 points to my first glance.

My biggest problem is the name, honestly. Most of the species on Marr have structure and hierarchy, including the raptorians. Without a new name and probably a new class, i'd vote no.

I do love the figure and the concept and most of the execution.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 10:52 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I see you gave him a Height of 5. How much bigger is the mini than the existing Raptorians?

I wouldn't mind Reckless Battle Rush normally, but I don't like it for a Raptorian. While extra movement is kinda their thing, they already have it. Here is it extra movements in addition to extra movements. At some point it gets cumbersome to remember all of them. Have you considered Charging Assault? Not the same, but it fits the Reckless theme and focuses it on rushing into combat, which it seems like you're trying to do here, and it's simpler to keep in mind.

I like Second Strike. Not nearly as good as Double Attack, but certainly a good power.

I don't have the same dislike for "Fighter" that others seem to, though I would prefer Marauder.

Also, as superfrog noted, the Quorik Warwitch set a precedent for Raptorians not having names. I don't know if that's true for all Raptorians, though. I suppose that would be a question for the C3V ERB.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:04 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Could you require the Battle Rush to end with him engaged? That would fit the "Reckless" part, as you don't know if you are going to Win init or not, and he could be a sitting duck.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:55 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I worry that "Battle Rush" might end up being tactically used as "Battle Retreat". Don't think it's broken, just might end up being fairly unthematic in practice.

~Dysole, who thinks it'll depend on what Jakaw is fighting
Duly noted. Though I’d see that more as an end game sceanario than anything else. He’s much more valuable as a midmap threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Jakaw -

6 base move and 3 bonus move once per round, makes him fast, like super fast. Luckily he is fairly papery.

throwing 8 dice (10 with height) seems like a lot. I know he can only wound on the second try, but it seems like a lot of dice for a 50 pointer. Amber shard is a good comparison who can also through lots of dice though.

Not a fan of fighter, maybe marauder?
I definitely considered potential to throw a lot of dice, but that’s how he fills his points, usually gurentees 1 good kill and then goes down quick for his recklessness. Hense, the 4 life 3 defense which is pretty soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I'm curious about his Battlerush Ability. In my experience playtesting Agent Fawcett, having free movement from figures is surprisingly versatile. She can be moved more frequently but that requires army building constraints and other limitations. 50 points is more of a commitment but he could actually be useful to take turns with on occasion and is probably a bit sturdier overall. You may have designed him the the other Raptorans in mind but I wonder if that power will be able to eke out more of an advantage you'd expect in whatever army you put him in. That's just something to keep an eye on and not to say it is actually an issue.

I can otherwise agree that the name could use a tweak. Battle Rush doesn't seem like a thematic fit since a versatile power like that is being used to gain tactical advantages and not necessarily move to engage the enemy.

[EDIT] Fighter seems off, too. I like Marauder or some other Rogue-like class.
I’m not particularly married to the class, so I’m not opposed to the change is it is more fitting. You’re the second to mention it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
In practice, Sir H, has Battle Rush been used to rush into battle? Or, rather, to retreat and/or reposition, depending on initiative and OM placement?
Definitely engage! I found he was amazing at simply being the threat level similar to the Rogues. He was able to develop slowly on his own and always be an option to rush into battle. So while early game he’s not really reckless in his development, he definitely does midgame when you see OM’s and send him in to engage where OM’s have been placed. This is especially key with the Archers because Archers are so soft and valuable that if an opponent focuses on them he can cripple the armies ability to be effective with OM’s his battle rush is great for engaging and getting in the way of units trying to take down the Archers. With that said, Archers have not been approved, so take that as you will. I also want to point out 2 very important points: 1) he must be UNENGAGED to activate the power. This is very difficult when you actual send him in, because then you DONT get to use it as he remains engaged and he’s left on his own to die per his recklessness. Opponents who play to this and engage him when he does make his way in are able to negate the ability. BUT this is why he’s a good threat, his recklessness can’t be ignored and it allows your other units to back him up. Also he provides a little more staying power for potential Rogue shanks (again, haven’t been approved though). 2) it’s strategic NOT to use it. I found myself keeping him on Glyphs because of course I didn’t want to come off it, and other times, I would rather hang back. So it’s used a lot early game, but throughout the game it really is used as a RECKLESS engagement threat midgame when a Key figure or squad needs a stop. Granted Dysole has a point that endgame it could be used as more of a retreat, assuming of course he lasts that long. His first or second engagement could very well end him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I trust your testing, but it does look a bit stronger than 50 points to my first glance.

My biggest problem is the name, honestly. Most of the species on Marr have structure and hierarchy, including the raptorians. Without a new name and probably a new class, i'd vote no.

I do love the figure and the concept and most of the execution.
The class thing seems like an issue, Marauder sounds like the go to change. As for the name, I’m not sold on that yet, but you do bring up a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I see you gave him a Height of 5. How much bigger is the mini than the existing Raptorians?

I wouldn't mind Reckless Battle Rush normally, but I don't like it for a Raptorian. While extra movement is kinda their thing, they already have it. Here is it extra movements in addition to extra movements. At some point it gets cumbersome to remember all of them. Have you considered Charging Assault? Not the same, but it fits the Reckless theme and focuses it on rushing into combat, which it seems like you're trying to do here, and it's simpler to keep in mind.

I like Second Strike. Not nearly as good as Double Attack, but certainly a good power.

I don't have the same dislike for "Fighter" that others seem to, though I would prefer Marauder.

Also, as superfrog noted, the Quorik Warwitch set a precedent for Raptorians not having names. I don't know if that's true for all Raptorians, though. I suppose that would be a question for the C3V ERB.
Height 5 is more accurate, he’s taller thank existing Beakfaces. In fact he’s a bit jacked too, legs and arms are more muscular.

Hmmm. I see your point with the movement aspect of the design. I guess I’ve been trying to find something a little more unique than just a recycled charging assault which has been used a number of times already. I also see a problem with charging assault in coordination with his Second Swing...giving him more attack die would be crazy, though I guess the answer is to just lower his attack. Not sure, not sold on that yet, but definitely a good point.

This seems to be a theme here on the name change...could we get an official “ruling” as it were, with the C3V ERB if his name should be more generic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Could you require the Battle Rush to end with him engaged? That would fit the "Reckless" part, as you don't know if you are going to Win init or not, and he could be a sitting duck.
I could, but I already have it requiring him to start unengaged. Both would be a little weird. It’s an option though and would force you to move him up using flocking early game and then recklessly move him In mid game. Would also, keep him from using it to retreat. Hmmm...no that I think about it...that just might be the right change to keep it thematically working.

Good thoughts everyone, I appreciate the quick feedback. Looking forward to more of your thoughts.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:11 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I also see a problem with charging assault in coordination with his Second Swing...giving him more attack die would be crazy, though I guess the answer is to just lower his attack. Not sure, not sold on that yet, but definitely a good point.
Charging Assault (on the Kozuke Samurai) does not give extra attack die, just extra movement.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:18 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
I also see a problem with charging assault in coordination with his Second Swing...giving him more attack die would be crazy, though I guess the answer is to just lower his attack. Not sure, not sold on that yet, but definitely a good point.
Charging Assault (on the Kozuke Samurai) does not give extra attack die, just extra movement.
Oh sorry, I was thinking first assault. Hmmmm...Charging Assault is in line with his recklessness...though, I’m more inclined to make the change Kinseth offered in simply keeping the power but requiring him to end engaged rather than beginning unengaged. That fits better for what I’m going for.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:31 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going to disagree with the dislikes of "Fighter" as a class. I like it and I think it goes well with this aspect...

Quote:
Height 5 is more accurate, he’s taller thank existing Beakfaces. In fact he’s a bit jacked too, legs and arms are more muscular.
Charging Assault would fit the Fighter class better as well. With the current power, I'm inclined to agree with others that the theme is off here and could at the very least use some changes to the name of the ability and perhaps class then too.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:36 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I also want to say, in general, for any custom creators listening, that I actually appreciate reused abilities. Not every custom needs slightly tweaked abilities to make them unique. This is from someone that plays with a lot of people less familiar with the game than we are, having reused abilities helps those folks be familiar with it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards