Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old March 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: US Superhero Animation On DVD

Stacked my Netflix queue full of some super hero animation. I've watched 3 so far.

Ultimate Avengers wasn't too bad, although it could have been another 10-15 minutes longer. Two really strange things in it that I didn't like though. First they had Barnes in it as an old man who lived a peaceful life married to Cap. love interest when he 'died'. So no Winter Soldier story line. Second, when they went to go and recruit Thor, Thor is hanging out on Earth protesting whaling? Lame. Everything else was pretty good though.

Hulk vs. was really just two shows that would have been better titled Thor vs. Hulk & Wolverine vs. Hulk as both stories centered more around the ones Hulk fought against then Hulk. That being said, Thor vs. Hulk was good, but Wolverine vs. Hulk was better. I might be picking this DVD up soon just so I can watch the Wolverine vs. Hulk one whenever I feel like it.

Planet Hulk was really good. The only thing they forgot to explain was why Hulk never reverted back into Bruce Banner and how the Hulk could suddenly walk around calmly and hold conversations with people. If Hulk could do that on Earth, they never would have sent him away. This one is on the buy list too now.
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Yodaking

Ultimate Avengers is in an alternate universe. None of them are from the "real" Marvel timeline.

Re: Planet Hulk - Watch the beginning again carefully.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I had sent it back to Netflix already jschild so couldn't rewatch it yet. I was watching it with a buddy I had not seen in a while and we were talking some during it so I'm not surprised I missed something. I'll have to pick it next time I see it on sale.

Watched a couple more now.

Justice League: The New Frontier - not too big a fan of this one. The whole thing takes place in the 1950s, so it felt rather dated. I know that is the era many of the stories originated in but I have been enjoying the recent wave of the re-imagining of these characters and stories in modern times. So watching Batman look though microfiche for clues and dealing with McCarthy ear fears was a let down. Plus they got a lot of the physics/technology very wrong based on what we know in today's world much less what was available in the 50's. They also tried to squeeze a Green Lantern & Martian Manhunter origin stories into it while neglecting the character development of the movies villain.

Justice League: Crisis on two Earths - Now this one I did enjoy watching. Flash had me cracking up on several occasions. Interesting story with good action, plus we find out where Wonder Women gets her invisible jet from!
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:36 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I just got two DVDs that are quite a contrast--one from when I was a ten year old kid long ago, and one from last year I'd never heard of from Kim's Video, a famous reopened store here in the East Village of NYC, which is smaller now but still features unusual DVDs. Now I've watched them.

1962: Scott McCloud, Space Angel Using the "Synchro-Vox" system that overlays actual mouth movements onto still (barely animated) color pictures (by Alex Toth, a major comic artist of the time), blast off in the sleek Starduster in the "rocket-busting" days of early televised Sci Fi. It holds up pretty well as a kids show. From the studio who previously made Clutch Cargo, a sort of early Johnny Quest and later made Captain Fathom. Includes a telephone interview with the actress who did voices for both, and was the original life model for Walt Disney's Tinkerbell in Peter Pan, the character who later became their corporate symbol. "It was mostly funny animals on TV until we came along. After us, everyone like Hanna Barbara started animating people."

2013: X-Men The Animated Series The X-Men visit Japan, as done by a Japanese anime team in an adult style. Lots of action with some character development. Scott is the main character, and he loses Jean and then deals with Emma Frost. Also features Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, and the first adventure of young Armor (she's Japanese too). Other characters appear in cameo stills. By Madhouse. Worth watching (say B+).

Last edited by chas; June 16th, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hulk vs. Wolverine is my favorite. There is a great episode of Wolverine and the X-Men with Hulk. I read somewhere it is a 'loose' sequel.

UA is also good but I felt it could have been shorter. It is kind of ho-hum until the end which is awesome. I love the dramatic music whenever Thor appears. UA2 is also very good, Black Panther!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 24th, 2013, 09:20 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Hulk vs. was really just two shows that would have been better titled Thor vs. Hulk & Wolverine vs. Hulk as both stories centered more around the ones Hulk fought against then Hulk. That being said, Thor vs. Hulk was good, but Wolverine vs. Hulk was better. I might be picking this DVD up soon just so I can watch the Wolverine vs. Hulk one whenever I feel like it.
Hulk vs. Wolverine gave me my first moment of "I'm a bad dad" feeling. Someone gave me this about a year ago and it was just sitting around and my son saw it one day right as his Wolverine interest was peaking, (I think he was about 5). I forgot to check it out first and just popped it in. My wife was out so it was just the two of us. About 5 minutes in I was thinking...wow this is pretty intense and turned to ask my son a question about it and he was wide eyes with tears forming up in his eyes and starting to shake..."Daddy, Hulk is freaking me out. I don't like it when he keeps punching Wolvie in the face."

I have yet to finish it. Maybe someday.

Man...I still feel bad for that one.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies