Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old December 7th, 2010, 11:59 AM

rutgerkerremans Woo who?
custom jungle

i want to make a cutsom jungle but i don't now wich type of tree and bushes i can't use and i want to buy them on ebay so can anyone help me?

thanks
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart
Re: custom jungle

First of all they are customs you can use pretty much any plant material you find. You might consider going to a pet store they have those aquarium plants, they look great as jungle. On eBay your probably going to end up paying more for shipping then for a pack of jungle plants at Petsmart (if you have Petsmart in Belgium)

stingers>everything else
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:40 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

I have made custom Palm trees before I used only a couple of materails that are easy to find. Here is a list of what you will need
1.A thin would pole.
2.Twine
3.Some random Floral plants including
1.Ferns
2.Plant Buds.
3.Fake Grass
4. A couple of 1 hex tiles

you want to cut the pole to about the size of Jotun about a 1/2 an inch taller than him. Then you want to drill a hole in the center or as close to the center as possible. stick the cut pole into the hole. Then use the buds around the truck of the tree. The take a bunch of the fake grass and place it on any of the bald spots. Then take the ferns and pick them of the stem. Hot glue them one on top of the other. For the Bushes take the buds and drill a hole in the middle of them. place a toothpick in the holes and stack til you have the height you want which is about the size of a of any Meduim 5 figure.then use the Fake grass and place them in the bald spots.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...

Last edited by marroking1; December 7th, 2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Posted Before I was Done
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:54 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Going with adbirk19, even Wal-Mart has aquarium plants on the cheap.

I would pick up some of them, drill a couple 1/8-1/4 inch holes in a 1 hex. Arrange the plant pieces in the holes as you like and then hot glue them in place.

Luckily, jungle was very abundant in my area, so I didn't have to make any, but I planned on having to and that is what my plan was.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:57 PM

rutgerkerremans Woo who?

mate, there isn't a walmart in belgium
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:18 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgerkerremans View Post
mate, there isn't a walmart in belgium
I thought Wal-Mart was taking over the world... Are you telling me they ignored Belgium?!

What noobs... You can't have a corporate take over of the world and ignore countries like Belgium!

Joking aside (mostly), any store that sells pet fish would have the aquarium plants.

Good luck!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM

rutgerkerremans Woo who?

ok thanks alot
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:41 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

rutger - I'm doing the same thing.

I bought aquarium plants off ebay (shipping is free for these things) - just search through the listings until you find what you want at the cheapest price. Most of the Palm trees are tiny though, but I decided I didn't care - I'm not trying to copy TJ exactly, I'm happy to have my own jungle.

Also, you may have a local cheapo store that sells normal sized plastic flowers. Check under the racks of these flowers for the bits that fall off. They are no good to anyone but you, after all - feel free to cut them to the size you want.

Heroscape hexes are rare and versatile - why cut down their versatility by hot gluing stuff to them? I am cutting wooden hexes and sticking matchstick sized edges to the base to hold the wooden hex on the heroscape hex - if you don't want to cut wooden hexes, then this was a great idea suggested by Lotus...

http://www.gf9.com/store/product_inf...roducts_id=370

order them by the pint (44mm by my measurements, but that's not official, just mt best estimate)

Feel free to ask more questions - I'm figuring this out as I go along.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Last edited by CapnRedChops; December 7th, 2010 at 05:06 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles