Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 15th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I don't know guys, this still just screams to me 'go check out Magic the Gathering all you miniatures players.' This is a product to get more people into Magic, that happens to use the Heroscape engine because it's a great engine and Wizards owns it.

WotC is not the nicest company in the gaming world, and they really only care about two games - Magic and D&D. They are known for getting the rights to a game and shortly after discontinuing it. If they wanted Heroscape to continue and expand and flourish they wouldn't have cheaply used already existing D&D minis for Heroscape's last expansions and then axed it. If they wanted to bring Heroscape back then they'd simply bring it back.

Call me negative or whatever, but a lot of you guys are over-positive. This is not to get people interested in Heroscape (although it might ironically), it's to get even more people into Magic. As I've frequently heard, a lot of the people trying this game have never heard of Heroscape. And Wizards definitely hasn't advertised it was based off it.

As far as the sub forum debate....I don't know. It's a different game that isn't a Heroscape product, but it's virtually an alternative Heroscape game with the Magic theme (from what I can tell). I could see it go either way. I'd say if it's a stand alone game, it belongs in the Other Games forums. If it does get bigger and have expansions, the question is more relevant.

Also I'm not trying to protest this product and tell those that are interested not to purchase it. If you're hungry for more Heroscape-esq things and don't mind it being Magic/WotC, then be my guest. I personally mind it; I really don't care for Magic (and dislike Wizards). Just giving my on it.
Incorrect and speculative. The brand is most likely used as a way to increase sales of THIS PRODUCT! To help insure that it will have strong enough sales to support it.
Well there's always that school of thought. Knowing Wizards, I don't think they're going for that. Time will tell.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion