Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 10th, 2012, 06:17 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Shouldn't this be stickied?
It appears that it is.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Quote:
It appears that it is.
because I stickied it after caps mentioned it

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:27 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Quote:
It appears that it is.
because I stickied it after caps mentioned it
I thought it was before. I could be crazy, though.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Now that wave 15 is all out, the next thing to look forward to is dok's updates of the power rankings. Elaria, the Deathstrike, Myrddin, and Arashara have the most metagame-altering I think.

The Deathstrike boosts Nick and the Preybloods, while the other 3 help underused figures. The Skull Demon has potential to boost the Death Knights a grade or 2 though...
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This weekend, our gaming group played some games with some of the Wave 15 figures. The Havech Eradicators were the biggest surprise. They are very effective as a ranged squad. Although they have a 30% chance of blowing up, with a ranged attack of 4, they typically kill what they are aiming at. When they didn't destroy themselves, they were hard to kill. They destroyed squads of Microcorp and quickly took out Laglor without a problem. They were even effective against KMA because they could close the distance quickly (and I couldn't roll a single defense die in 9 attempts). Still, they did very well and I would give them a B+ to A-.

Nicholas Esenwein just doesn't have Cyprien's abilities. In a battle against the elder Esenwein, he went down quickly. I'd drop him to a B-. I would give the Deathstrike Thralls a B- to C+ because while the possibility of attacking with 18 is appealing, it is hard to realize.

The Skeletons of Annellintia played as slower melee squads like zombies or RL. They almost need to be the primary attacking force because you need to keep your "reanimator" alive (or on the board as they are primarily undead). So, they tended to get killed and struggled to rejoin the battle. Still, they were fun to play and probably played at a B or B- level.

Overall, great job on these figures! They were fun to play and well balanced.
Old June 28th, 2012, 10:02 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
This weekend, our gaming group played some games with some of the Wave 15 figures. The Havech Eradicators were the biggest surprise. They are very effective as a ranged squad. Although they have a 30% chance of blowing up, with a ranged attack of 4, they typically kill what they are aiming at. When they didn't destroy themselves, they were hard to kill. They destroyed squads of Microcorp and quickly took out Laglor without a problem. They were even effective against KMA because they could close the distance quickly (and I couldn't roll a single defense die in 9 attempts). Still, they did very well and I would give them a B+ to A-.
Yes, the Havech Eradicators are remarkably strong in casual play. I imagine it would be hard for them to perform well in a tournament setting, where they would need to go 5-9 games with only one game of bad luck, if that, but in a casual setting they're pretty beastly.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly, I don't think Tyrian even deserves a B-. I think he is too fragile with 2 defense and 4 life for 110 points. I think a C+ is right for him.
Old June 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Tyrian makes a good assassin figure, but even with that I would usually prefer Zetacron for that role. Tyrian has a bit more firepower than Zeta usually though, and taking out the opponent's bonding hero can win you the game. That said, he still is very tough to use correctly (and survive longer than a couple turns). I think on the edge between B- and C+ is right.
Old June 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
Honestly, I don't think Tyrian even deserves a B-. I think he is too fragile with 2 defense and 4 life for 110 points. I think a C+ is right for him.
He can play awfully well as a pseudo-Airborne Elite unit. Sure, he isn't as good as they are, but he's not too far below them in terms of effectiveness. (He also doubles nicely as a clean-up unit--flying and shooting in the endgame, he can again be quite effective.)

I agree he isn't the best unit there ever was, but he has his uses.
Old July 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Now that wave 15 is all out, the next thing to look forward to is . . . updates of the power rankings. Elaria, . . . Myrddin, and Arashara have the most metagame-altering I think.
Well met!

So many of my favorite units are affected, especially by Myrddin, plus many more! See below for a sampling (culled from the Power Rankings):

A
Isamu (10)

A-

Atlaga (90)
Cyprien Esenwein (150)
Me-Burq-Sa (50)
Mogrimm Forgehammer (120)
Roman Legionnaires (50*)

B+
Brave Arrow (50)
Darrak Ambershard (60)
Ne-Gok-Sa (90)
Sacred Band (50*)
Sonya Esenwein (45)

B

Arkmer (50)
Ana Karithon (100)

Emirroon (80)

Kelda the Kyrie Warrior (80)

Microcorp Agents (100*)
Morsbane (100)

Nakita Agents (120)

B-

Estivara (80)
Gorillinators (90*)

Mind Flayer Mastermind (100+)

Rhogar Dragonspine (110)
Sonlen (160)
Su-Bak-Na (160)

C+

Deepwyrm Drow (70*)

C
Iskra Esenwein (50)
Kee-Mo-Shi (130)
Khosumet the Darklord (75)
Parmenio (90)
Rechets of Bogdan (50)
Saylind the Kyrie Warrior (80)

C-
Dünd (110)
Runa (120)
Sudema (140)

D

Deadeye Dan (60)

Deathwalker 7000 (100)

Last edited by kolakoski; July 11th, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old July 20th, 2012, 09:28 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

I thought I'd weigh in with what I feel would be appropriate ratings for some of the Wave 15 units. While I have play experience with a few of these units, for some of them I am merely theoryscaping. I look forward to seeing the opinions of more knowledgeable 'Scapers.

B+
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

B
Havech Eradicators
Skeletons of Annellintia
Skull Demon
Elaria the Pale

B-
Ulfrid Hornwrangler
Myrddin
Martial La Hire

C+
Deathstrike Thrall
Arashara Goshiri
Old July 20th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Arashara should be at least B, if not B+. She is GREAT at distrupting opponent's placement of figures, such as Raelin, and putting yours in a good place.

Everything else is fairly close; may just need to be moved up or down a level, I'm not sure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs