Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old April 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Campaigning through Star Wars!

Battle 1

The Rebels have the plans for the Death Star, but the Empire is close behind! As Vaders flagship catches the Tantive IV, he begins the boarding process...

Bad

Stormtroopers x2
Darth Vader

Good

Princess Leia
Rebel Troopers x4
C-3PO
R2-D2

If Good wins the battle, proceed to Battle 2. If Evil wins the battle, proceed to battle 3.

Battle 2

A one in a million blaster bolt hits Darth Vader, sending him to the ground. The distracted Stormtroopers are quickly taken down by the Rebel Troopers, but more will be coming. The Rebels retreat to the escape pods, and fire them down toward the desert planet of Tatooine. Little do the Rebels know, the Empire isn't the only one watching...

Bad

Tusken Raiders x4

Good

Princess Leia
Rebel Troopers x1
C-3PO
R2-D2

If good wins the battle proceed to battle 4. If evil wins the battle, proceed to battle 5.

Battle 3

With Princess Leia captured, and all opposition from the Rebel Troopers silenced, R2-D2 and C-3PO hurry to the only remaining escape pod. R2-D2 and C-3PO plan to deliver the blueprints of the Death Star to Obi-Wan Kenobi, but unbeknownst to them, beady eyes watch them from crevices...

Neutral

Jawas x1

Good

C-3PO
R2-D2

If good wins the battle, proceed to battle 6. If evil wins the battle, proceed to battle 6 also.

Battle 4

Shipless, Princess Leia and her Rebel Troopers head to Mos Eisly. They stop by a farmhouse where a eager young man named Luke joins them. When they arrive in Mos Eisly, they find Obi-Wan Kenobi waiting there for them. He explained that he had been warned of their coming by a force vision. Kenobi said that he had hired a pilot, and the pilot was waiting for them at a local canteena. As they entered the canteena, a shot was fired, and a body hit the floor. The shots attracted the local Stormtroopers, who alerted the wounded (but enraged) Darth Vader, and soon a firefight had begun. The pilot that fired the shot looked at them apologetically. "Sorry Princess."

If good wins the battle, proceed to battle 7. If evil wins the battle, proceed to battle 8.

Bad

Darth Vader
Storm Troopers x2
Imperial Officer x1

Good

Princess Leia
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Rebel Troopers x1

Battle 5

With Leia’s troops decimated, she retreats with R2-D2 AND C-3PO. They stumble upon a old hut in the desert, home to Obi-Wan Kenobi, who had recently rescued Luke Skywalker from a raid by the Tusken Raiders. Together, they make a stand against the Tusken Raiders.

Bad

Tusken Raiders x6

Good

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia

Battle 6
The two droids escape the greedy clutches of the Jawas, and take refuge a small farmhouse, home of the young Luke Skywalker, their new owner. After finding a secret message in R2-D2, Luke is determined to take him to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ambushed by Tusken Raiders, Obi-Wan shows up just in time!

Evil
Tusken Raiders x4

Good
Luke Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi

First Post
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by orgsbane; July 19th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old April 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Campaigning through Star Wars!

I've always thought that a cool video game idea would be where you were playing a strategy game, but could choose a trooper or tank or whatever, and then "become" that unit. Now you're playing a First Person Shooter as you send that unit into battle. I'm not sure how it would work, but it just sounds fun to me.
Old April 4th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There is a arcade game for xbox 360, called Toy Soldiers. It works like that, expect you don't go first person. I can't recal how it all works, but it has a free demo. If you have a xbox 360, you should check it out!
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:23 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Nope, no XBox.
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Just looked it up, it's also for pc
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:53 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

A HoSS campaign that takes breaks to play X-Wing...

I await your wisdom.
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:18 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I've always thought that a cool video game idea would be where you were playing a strategy game, but could choose a trooper or tank or whatever, and then "become" that unit. Now you're playing a First Person Shooter as you send that unit into battle. I'm not sure how it would work, but it just sounds fun to me.
Dude, it's called Battlefront 2. You can play the Empire at War mode, and you have an overview of all the planets, kinda like a Risk Board. You build and move fleets, and when you move to an enemy planet, you have to go down on the ground and fight as a Trooper, or if you engage a Fleet, you have to fight a Space Battle.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Battlefron was precisely we're I got the idea from. However it was from the psp one, were you could fight a ground battle then, in the middle of the game, grab a a X-Wing or something and head for space! Now obviously, if you do this in heroscape, it would take forever. So that's why I was thinking a campaign style. Once everybody is released, I'm sure I can somewhat match up points per squad, too points per fighter. I should be interesting!
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You may want to check out this thread for some Ideas, http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ht=battlefront

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Nice! Although I hope not to get as complicated as that. When I say campaign, I mean a set if scenarios, that are somewhat decided by the space battles. Like, the Impire wins the space battle, therefor they attack the Rebels ground forces. Aha! I finally figured out what I'm trying to say! You get a flow chart. And you follow based on wins and losses.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the link, Boromir.

That was an idea I had a while back based on Battlefront II. I believe at the time, it was before the release of Battleship Galaxies. Battleship Galaxies (also from our friend, Craig van Ness), is also a great game and would be the perfect counterpart to the space battles of Battlefront II.

As for making it Star Wars themed, an expensive route would be to try to collect Starship Battle miniatures from WotC. Unless you get lucky and find a pretty big collection at a garage sale or something, it's ridiculously expensive (I found a collection on craigslist, but the guy accidentally sold it at a garage sale before we finalized).

Another route, and a good one, is Star Wars Pocketmodels. They are 3-D models built from 2-D parts. So they don't look as nice as other spaceship models, but they are dirt cheap if you get lucky, there are a lot of them running around already (I was able to have someone send me his collection for free), and they have the right theme. I'm not too sure about size compatibility as my Battleship Galaxies is here in Germany and my Pocketmodel is in the States, but I think it's not too big of a problem. I'm hoping to complete custom cards and make custom factions (Rebels, Imperials, Republic, CIS) towards the end of this year to play this awesome space game with Star Wars minis.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I was recently thinking about a fun campaign type scenario. Something like:

Initial Battle: Rebels vs Empire
Second Battle: Determined by winner of previous battle.
Third Battle: Determined by winner of second battle.

This would leave you with 8 possible endings to the same beginning story.

For example:
Initial Battle:
Leia, Rebel Troopers, R2 and Threepio vs Vader and Stormtroopers.
If Team Leia Wins: Leia, R2, Threepio, Obi-Wan vs Storm Troopers and Vader.
If Team Leia Loses: Obi-Wan, R2, Threepio, Luke vs Tusken Raiders and Jawas.

Then each of these battles has two possible outcomes, each with their own battle. Only one of the "paths" take you through the actual Episode IV storyline, while the others are alternate 'what if' stories.

In other words, "What if Leia escaped with the droids instead of being captured by Vader?" Then Luke never gets discovered and Leia goes directly to Obi-Wan. (Leia Wins scenario)

Last edited by Balantai; July 2nd, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape